U.S. Open at Bethpage Black

Who wins?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Tiger
    • Phil
    • The field

great tournament... Tiger is clearly the best in the world.  He putts poorly, is something like 14 back at one point in the second round, and finishes the tourney in the top-10.  i bet he'd give himself a C- for his tourney, and he made the top-10.  most players C- game would've sent them packing after round two.  If Tiger had been in the afternoon flight for the first two rounds, he would've probably cakewalked to a victory.  still, he had his chances and missed on some of them.  Aside from all the tiger talk, great win for Glover, and a fantastic tournament for Duval.  He wasn't kiidding about finding his swing!

As a avid golfer I am tired of hearing about some players playing in rain and some not!!!!!  Who cares!!!!  In a years time it all balances out.  Yes it was a disadvantage this week but that is the way that it goes sometimes.  Also I never hear anyone complaining about Tiger, Phil and the other elites always getting the premier tee times in all events.  On Thursday and Friday they always have the 9-10am or 12-1pm tee times.  They are never sent off in the first groups at 7am or the last groups at 230pm.  The elites get the better treatment each and every week and they should...............as they are the elite.  Would the weather of made a difference............sure, but you cannot control mother nature.  Get over and quit making excuses and trying to justify the fact of Tiger not winning. ;) ;) ;)

As a avid golfer I am tired of hearing about some players playing in rain and some not!!!!!  Who cares!!!!  In a years time it all balances out.  Yes it was a disadvantage this week but that is the way that it goes sometimes.  Also I never hear anyone complaining about Tiger, Phil and the other elites always getting the premier tee times in all events.  On Thursday and Friday they always have the 9-10am or 12-1pm tee times.  They are never sent off in the first groups at 7am or the last groups at 230pm.  The elites get the better treatment each and every week and they should...............as they are the elite.  Would the weather of made a difference............sure, but you cannot control mother nature.  Get over and quit making excuses and trying to justify the fact of Tiger not winning. ;) ;) ;)

Crap, I missed it. What happened to Barnes? Did he fall apart?

Good post BTW Lazeek. I agree with not making excuses. What happens, happens.

Bullets, the top ten finish came to Tiger. He only shot -1 the final day. So much for making his move. The rest of the field fell apart, which is usually the case too.

if his score is 4 or 5 strokes better than almost everyone else during the last round, i'd say he made his move.  if conditions are tough enough, a string of pars is often good enough to move up the leaderboard. 

Anyone else find it interesting that during days 1 and 2, Tiger's caddie, Stevie Williams, was helping Tiger line up putts and get a read on putts ... but, come days 3 and 4, Tiger was all business and did not have Stieve helping him make the reads or line up putts?  The NBC crew of Roger Maltbie (spelling?) and Johnny Miller commented on it, but I've not seen or read where anyone else followed-up with questions to Tiger about the issue.  I wonder if Tiger felt that he and Stevie let a few strokes slip away on the greens due to missed reads and then perhaps on days 3 and 4 Tiger may have thought it was the better plan of action to make his own reads without Stevie's help?  Maybe a non-issue ... maybe a bigger rift between golfer and caddie?  Just a thought.  Even though he was 5 to 7 strokes off the lead, I thought Tiger was going to make a run on the back 9 ... it did not happen, but, the thought was there.  If you're Tiger's caddie, the only 3 things to do are: show-up, keep-up, and shut-up.  What a great gig.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    nexax
    Newest Member
    nexax