Orangefield ISD receives 21 applications for AD position..Final 4 Announced!

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Orangefield does not go with Peveto it would shock me.  They love tradition out there. 

He coached me. He definitely knows how to coach defense and get his guys to play hard. I don't believe I've ever talked to any his ex players that didn't think the world of him.

Unfortunately that will never happen.  He has too strong of a personality and will.  At this point I just hope that they hire the right guy.  Someone who has experience, but more importanyly someone who is a kids coach that will get the most out of the kids.  Orangefield has too long of a history of hiring inexperienced guys that are puppets men to the admin, and a history of poor pay, unwilling to pay for a quality coach.  They are afraid of a strong personality, someone who is gonna do things their way not the communities way.  Rumor has it that they won't even interview Jim Phillips, the most accomplished applicant they have recieved in a long time, someone who is a proven winner with lots of experience at predomimently white schools and a kids coach.  At the same time he is also everything that the school is afraid of like I mentioned before.  There are still some good candidates like Long, Huckaby, and Faust.  I just hope they don't screw this up!!!!!!!!!!!

Unfortunately that will never happen.  He has too strong of a personality and will.  At this point I just hope that they hire the right guy.  Someone who has experience, but more importantly someone who is a kids coach that will get the most out of the kids.  Orangefield has too long of a history of hiring inexperienced guys that are puppets men to the admin, and a history of poor pay, unwilling to pay for a quality coach.  They are afraid of a strong personality, someone who is gonna do things their way not the communities way.  Rumor has it that they won't even interview Jim Phillips, the most accomplished applicant they have received in a long time, someone who is a proven winner with lots of experience at predominantly white schools and a kids coach.  At the same time he is also everything that the school is afraid of like I mentioned before.  There are still some good candidates like Long, Huckaby, and Faust.  I just hope they don't screw this up!!!!!!!!!!!

I hear you bro bc same CRAP goes on in many places not only in OF. I was on a search committee here in Huffman years ago and had a great black applicant and many of us was interesting in interviewing him. NOT Many Supids and board members want to hire someone they can control and get  CHEAP. You get what you pay for and Coaching is no exception. Maybe they will open up their wallet and bring someone in that will be good for the kids and OF.

Nobody truly knows who will get what. Anyone can speculate. It is all about the interviews and who the OF Super feels comfortable with putting the Bobcats' athletic program in the hands of. Just because someone has a big name does not mean he is the right person to coach a team. We tend to only look at who would be the best football coach but it has a lot more to do with that just that. Mr. Welch will pick the right person, he is a great Super and I trust he knows exactly what kind of person he wants and he will find that person.

I'm sure the job is Huckaby's as long as he wants it.  It unfortunate that Long withdrew his name, I thought he was the best candidate esp. since they never considered Jim Phillips, which is a complete joke.  Its amazing they never even considered Phillips.  Look at the other 3 or 4 interviewing and tell me why in the world they would pass over Phillips to get someone with no experience?  I don't know anything about the guy from Marlin, but if Huckaby don't get the job hopefully they will give it to Faust!!!!

Those 5 I posted aren't neccasarily the ones they are interviewing. Those were just my top five candidates that I posted since Long withdrew. I left Phillips off since word is they aren't considering him...I also believe Bass may be the new OL coach at WOS if he doesn't get the OF job

Everyone keeps talking about experience.  Yes, I know that because of the lateness of the resignation and hire, that someone with experience would be best for this upcoming year.  Maybe the Super is worried about the future of the program, not just next year.  You don't know what was said in the phone interview with Phillips.  You have no idea unless you are Phillips or Welch.  Maybe Phillips said that he had an interview in West Texas this week (which is where he is from) so Welch decided against it.  We don't know.  Why is Huckaby such a front runner.  Because he inhereted athletes at Paul Pewitt and had an awesome quarterback who went to Oklahoma.  If you have somebody like that at the small school level, it can change a program.  OF doesn't have anybody like that.  Maybe they need somebody with some energy who can re-motivate those kids.  They also need someone who is not just a football coach.  They need to be TRULY for all sports.  Not just say they are for all sports.  OF needs an Athletic Director, not just a football coach.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476