4A State Championship to be decided this week?????

#1 Corpus Christi Moody vs. #2 Corpus Christi Calallen face off in the Region IV Final.  These teams have been ranked #1 & #2 in the state all year and are both ranked in the top 5 in the nation.  Between them they have won 3 of the last 4 state titles, and a lot of people are saying the winner of this series will win another state title.

I bet there is one local team that isn't ready to just hand over the title to the winner of this series.

Obviously they are the big time favorite.

This will be a one game winner take all affair though. Get to the championship game and who gets a break might win it. Calallen lost a game in the Regional Semifinal by a score of 7-3. They beat Ray by a score of only 1-0. While Calallen is good, they are not unbeatable and some of their playoff games have been one swing away from a loss.

Moody has had a 4-2 game win this week. Again, a swing away from a loss.

While these teams are the easy favorite, in a one game winner take all, they are not guaranteed the championship. 

Every team needs to take care of their next challenge. The thread isn't about Nederland but the #1 and #2 teams playing each other coming up and therefore, the "likely" de facto state championship.

Every team needs to take care of their next challenge. The thread isn't about Nederland but the #1 and #2 teams playing each other coming up and therefore, the "likely" de facto state championship.

True enough. I was going by the last statement in the first post.

i'm guessing region 1 and 2 winners play each other and region 3 and 4 winners play each other?

I think it is 2/4 and 1/3.

I'm not really sure how they decide who plays who.  My Freshman year we played Coppell(region 2), Jr. year we played Fort Worth Boswell(region 1) and Sr. year we played Calallen(region 4).  I thought they seeded the teams and played #1 seed/#4 seed and #2 seed/#3 seed, but thats been over 10 years ago, and it may different now.

No doubt bzzboyz!! It seems like every year, one of the two Corpus schools are penciled in as the 4A state champion before anyone has strapped on a batting glove.  Both are great programs, seen Moody many times in Brenham, and we all know what kind of history they have. Calallen is also very talented and it is their crown until somebody takes it away. Let's hope that Region 3 represents well, if not the Cubs, then Nederland. Let's bring the title back here, it's been awhile.

Calallen won game 2, 6-2 to force a 3rd game. FW Arlington Heights swept WF Rider and will represent Region 1 in Round Rock. McKinney North defeated Texarkana 2-1 in game 1.  The Dogs have some work to do today if they want to meet up with these teams at state.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder