Man Dies After Police Taser Him

I don't know how I would feel, just as I wouldn't know how I would feel if I were Mrs. Laday!  I would have been pissed.  Now...what if Mr. Laday would have been your kid?  The point it...he was still someone's kid.  He was high, had tattoos (possible gang-related), and was in Lumberton at 3 a.m....the point is he was still somebody's kid.  Sure, he might have made many mistakes in life (obviously one too many), but the way people have just made jokes about him dying...just not right.

We should all be personally responsible...trust me I agree with that, but just because you make mistakes in life doesn't mean you should be dispensable...just because you make mistakes doesn't mean your death should not be ridiculed (or manipulated by people who don't really care about the fact that you died). 

Trust me...I am all about PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY!  Of course, I don't share the same views as you, so my opinion really isn't worth much, right? 

Well, we might never know.  Besides, surely someone high on PCP wouldn't be IN Lumberton at 3 a.m.  I guess we'll just have to wait until the "facts" come out. 

First, your opinion is worth as much as anyones. I don't agree nor do I have to agree with it. I do understand your point. The reason I disagree with it is because of all the media attention his Mother brought to this. To say after the reports are in that someone injected her son with PCP. That's just crazy and probably impossible. If your heart is not pumping, the PCP would have no means getting in the blood stream. Now, if he would of been my Kid, I would be wondering what I did wrong. That's just me, not saying it's right.  The only people (or person) I have heard that have manipulated his death or his Mother and Quannell X. Manipulate(ma·nip·u·late) To tamper with or falsify for personal gain OR  To influence or manage shrewdly or deviously. You could say she did both with her accusations.

Would someone high on PCP be in Lumberton? I don't see why not. The Mother said he was visiting a friend......was the friend high as well? Maybe that's why they didn't come forward.  Who knows? Does it really matter what city?  I'm pretty sure the facts are out. I doubt the friend will come forward and the second autopsy will show the same results as the first. The guy doing the first autopsy would be a complete idiot to falsify anything when he knew before he started there would be a second.

Lastly, I'm not sure what "******"! means.  Could you tell me please? I think I figured out the last two letters, maybe got the middle word, but the first letter has me puzzled. I have a feeling your name calling, which is not nice......it fits the left wing attitude, but it's still not nice.

I look at it like this.

Every man is someone's son. Every woman is someone's daughter. Most of the time (but not always) if something tragic happens, it is heartbreaking to the family. No matter the cause, it is still a terrible thing. Is it upsetting to the family? Most of the time the answer is yes. Surely the person's stupidity may have caused his own death and maybe the person was not a productive member of society (and may in fact have been a burden) but the family still grieves. So let's get that out of the way, we all know that it is tragic and some of us on this board may have a friend or family member that has met an untimely death due to his/her own decisions.

Most of the time, people make their own course in life. Many times, the course dictates how you will be seen by others and sometimes, how you will meet your end. People that are outside of the circle of family or friends might not see the pain but we know that it exists. While it is easy to feel sympathy for the family left behind, it is not so easy to feel sympathy for the person that made his own bed. Think of a person is shot and killed by the police while he is holding a hostage or worse, after he has killed a hostage. Does his family still grieve? Surely in most cases. That doesn't mean that he public will have much empathy in the dead guy's demise. In fact, many members of the public may revel in the fact that the guy that committed murder, has met his own such fate. I don't see how it is rude or crude to feel that way. Look at the people in the news each year that are caught after kidnapping, raping and killing a child. Do we feel like we can't talk about him because he was someone's son or that we shouldn't ridicule the person for such stupid decisions because he had a family? Are we not happy (most of us) when such people get the death sentence?

Yes, the person probably has family. Yes, they probably feel terrible about him being executed. That doesn't mean that the public shouldn't talk about it or feel good at the ultimate end.

So if a guy goes out and does drugs and causes his own death, so be it. If I go nuts next week and rob a bank and the police shoot and kill me, then I got what I had coming. My parents might be devastated at the news but many people will say that it saved the taxpayers money and I got what I deserved..... and they would be correct.

....and I really don't think my parents would be reading bulletin boards and forums to see what other people felt like.

The bottom line is this: It became a race issue (race sells) because it ignites and brings out individuals hidden feelings. I've read some heartless comments from people in the paper and on this board about a man's death. If it was your child, you would want the facts because everyone wants closure about the unknown. Granted, the kid didn't leave a perfect life and in the end it caught up with him. Just this morning I watched a tape with police officers beating a man after he fled in a van to escape the police. The guy wrecked the van and fell out of the van unconscious. The police ran to the man and beat him with clubs for about 11 seconds.

I read some pretty heartless comments about the Lumberton P.D. (who by the way have turned out not to be the cause of Laday's death)

Nobody faulted the mother for wanting the facts. Calling in a hate group however didn't bring her any sympathy.  Now she's saying that her son was injected with PCP?  She doesn't want the facts. 

BTW- I just watched a tape where an officer was dragged from his car and stabbed to death. 

Well, we might never know.  Besides, surely someone high on PCP wouldn't be IN Lumberton at 3 a.m.  I guess we'll just have to wait until the "facts" come out.  ******!

Nevermind Stang, Someone helped me figure out what ****** stands for. You did have to resort to name calling, showing the hate you are complaining about. I would look in my own backyard before talking about anyone else.......

The bottom line is this: It became a race issue (race sells) because it ignites and brings out individuals hidden feelings. I've read some heartless comments from people in the paper and on this board about a man's death. If it was your child, you would want the facts because everyone wants closure about the unknown. Granted, the kid didn't leave a perfect life and in the end it caught up with him. Just this morning I watched a tape with police officers beating a man after he fled in a van to escape the police. The guy wrecked the van and fell out of the van unconscious. The police ran to the man and beat him with clubs for about 11 seconds.

You failed to mention the officers that did that were fired immediately! It was pretty bad!!!

Well, we might never know.  Besides, surely someone high on PCP wouldn't be IN Lumberton at 3 a.m.  I guess we'll just have to wait until the "facts" come out.  YASSMF!

Nevermind Stang, Someone helped me figure out what YASSMF stands for. You did have to resort to name calling, showing the hate you are complaining about. I would look in my own backyard before talking about anyone else.......

Soooooo what does it mean? I have a feeling but Im hoping Im not correct.

Well, we might never know.  Besides, surely someone high on PCP wouldn't be IN Lumberton at 3 a.m.  I guess we'll just have to wait until the "facts" come out.  ******!

Nevermind Stang, Someone helped me figure out what YASSMF stands for. You did have to resort to name calling, showing the hate you are complaining about. I would look in my own backyard before talking about anyone else.......

Soooooo what does it mean? I have a feeling but Im hoping Im not correct.

Check your messages..........you probably are correct.

The adrenaline effect of the chase. Got to watch the pursuit mentality. The sirens screaming and the close calls with other traffic get the adrenaline pumping pretty hard. People get hit on pursuits where they would not be in almost the exact same situations but without the chase. 

like i said, it was pretty bad!

More like pretty stupid. I've seen a lot worse videos on tape and this one only lasted a few seconds. It was like they were preprogrammed to hit the guy. No one checked if he was actually resisting for a few seconds.

Idiots.

No need to check your messages, as I did not message what MY letters meant.  If you want to check hip's meaning of the letters that's great, but I don't think that we had the same thing in mind.   ;)

Please, share your meaning with us.

I'll give you a hint...monkey farts!  Not that it matters because you will think what you want to think and I will be wrong.  LOL, but monkey farts.  It's an inside joke with myself and couple of my poster friends...it's actually a candle scent!  Imagine that, huh...    :P

i definitely prefer the familiy's reaction here to the one that we got in lumberton. 

Yep, you prefer a passive response.

i prefer a responsible, grounded response... as opposed to the immediate response to manufacture a racially motivated hate crime out of what has turned out to be a justifiable response from the police, and then continuing to insist that it's a hate crime even after an autopsy has showed that his own actions resulted in his death.  i prefer a response that demands answers rather than one that gives the desired answers first, then tries to twist public opinion and evidence to fit those answers, even after it's clear that what the mother insised happened obviously didn't. 

I'll give you a hint...monkey farts!  Not that it matters because you will think what you want to think and I will be wrong.  LOL, but monkey farts.  It's an inside joke with myself and couple of my poster friends...it's actually a candle scent!  Imagine that, huh...    :P

A candle scent? And where might one procure such a candle?

And wouldn't that smell bad? I'm not sure that "monkey farts" is a scent I would want to burn in my home. :D

I will go with my first response that apparently got deleted.......  ???  ???  ???

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder