Dayton and Nederland offense looks like pop warner

Hey it's the off season, if you don't find something to talk about you will have to go over to the Nederland Bond thread and read all that stuff ;D

I would rather read a Paula Deen cookbook then read through that mess.

AMEN to that!!!

Is that the same Nederland "Pop Warner" offense that hung 42 on PN-G's "Pop Warner" defense? Just kidding. I could not resist.  ;D  I think the fans on the PN-G board over there are just excited about the changes that are going on at the Reservation and I don't blame them. It will be a lot different from the run, run, pass, punt offense and will make game planning against the Indians much tougher. I think they made a great hire with Faircloth and he has assembled a great staff on paper. I am going to head out to their Spring game and check them out.

Wow. I didn't even know I had created a contraversy on another site. What I posted was intended for PNG fans. Maybe I was a "little" excited after watching our 1st practice. I didn't mean it as a slap to Dayton or Nederland. I just think that Faircloth has a better version of the spread. To me, Nederland is too one dimensional throwing the ball all the time. Dayton has incredible athletes, but from the few times I have seen them, they don't seem to show as many looks as what I saw Faircloth running. I have talked to kids that play for PNG and they say it is unreal the number of sets, plays and variations they have to learn. Let me make it clear that I think Nuemann has been the best coach in our district for YEARS. He develops his talent and adjusts his system to fit the strengths of his pesonnel. Also, Dayton is a BEAST of a football team. Coach Stewart definitely knows how to coach, that is very evident. Even though Dayton left our district, I was pulling for ya'll last season in the playoffs, as well as when ya'll were in our district. What I was pointing out was that I really like the way Faircloth coaches offense. I probably should have left out the Pop warner reference, but I doubt I am the 1st to overuse hyperbole on these message boards. Please don't compare me to the LTrain folks..they got on THIS site and stirred it up. I was on a PNG site with PNG fans. If you look at college football, how many versions of the "spread" do you see? Some mostly throw(TTech) some mostly run(WVU) and some are more balanced offenses. Thats all I'm saying...

Wow. I didn't even know I had created a contraversy on another site. What I posted was intended for PNG fans. Maybe I was a "little" excited after watching our 1st practice. I didn't mean it as a slap to Dayton or Nederland. I just think that Faircloth has a better version of the spread. To me, Nederland is too one dimensional throwing the ball all the time. Dayton has incredible athletes, but from the few times I have seen them, they don't seem to show as many looks as what I saw Faircloth running. I have talked to kids that play for PNG and they say it is unreal the number of sets, plays and variations they have to learn. Let me make it clear that I think Nuemann has been the best coach in our district for YEARS. He develops his talent and adjusts his system to fit the strengths of his pesonnel. Also, Dayton is a BEAST of a football team. Coach Stewart definitely knows how to coach, that is very evident. Even though Dayton left our district, I was pulling for ya'll last season in the playoffs, as well as when ya'll were in our district. What I was pointing out was that I really like the way Faircloth coaches offense. I probably should have left out the Pop warner reference, but I doubt I am the 1st to overuse hyperbole on these message boards. Please don't compare me to the LTrain folks..they got on THIS site and stirred it up. I was on a PNG site with PNG fans. If you look at college football, how many versions of the "spread" do you see? Some mostly throw(TTech) some mostly run(WVU) and some are more balanced offenses. Thats all I'm saying...

No hard feelings from me.... Just glad to have a little excitement over here. Glad PNG is excited about their team again.  ;)

Whatever you do ndnsrock don't call Faircloth's offense the "Spread" in his presence. I here he hates it. It is not a spread. They spread the field yes, but they use motion on every play and try to confuse the defense unlike the spread where you use no motion and you react to the defense.

I love the fact that they (the staff) have use all excited for the change though.

Did you or anyone get out to the scrimmage today?

Yeah. I heard he doesn't like calling it a spread because a spread offense adjusts to what the defense is lined up in then calls the play..he wants the defense scrambling and adjusting to the offense at the snap of the ball. My bad! I went to the scrimmage today and our offense looked sharp..both 1st and 2nd team. Towards the end of the scrimmage the defense started bowing up a little. I think we are going to be balanced in his offense. I would hate to be his defensive coordinator and have to go against him in practice every day! There was a lot of intensity today and some hitting going on. For those who haven't read my posts at the PNG site...Faircloth is an equal oppurtunity butt chewer. You better not be half-a**ing it at any time during his practice or you will feel the wrath! All the kids I have talked to love him, even though he has worked them to death the last couple of months. These kids believe that they are part of something special with this new Chief. I am so fired up for this season... I can't wait!

Guest Penny

Nederland is too one dimensional throwing the ball all the time....

UUUUUUHHHHH.... who was that guy named Grogan?  Care to rethink that statement?

Nederland is too one dimensional throwing the ball all the time....

UUUUUUHHHHH.... who was that guy named Grogan?  Care to rethink that statement?

The year before Grogan was stumbled upon as a running back Nederland's running game was about as affective as our passing game.

I wouldn't say Nederland is one dimensional at all. I would actually say that they play to there strenghts. Last year they ran more out of the spread because they had the personel. The year before they threw more out of it because they lacked the personel in the running game. Just good coaching if you ask me.

One dimensional is texas tech or PNG under MB!

Both years we have played since ya'll have been running the spread Ned passed the ball a bunch. Thats what I based it on. I know Grogan had a good year by reading the papers. I will let Coach Faircloth's offense speak for itself this fall.

Good move, it will speak for itself. Of course the person who quoted you came to our site and got that. Everyone gets excited and talks it up on THEIR OWN SITE. I have seen things on others, and in fact some things were comical. But, if it would have bothered me that bad I just wouldn't go on that site. GET THE HINT OUTSIDERS. IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, DON'T LOOK AT IT.Or, you could address it on that site instead of running back over here and crying. Come on, everyone gets pumped up and talks up their teams on their sites. Thats what they are for.

Nederland definitely had a good offense last year. The Offense carried them to the playoffs after just missing the year before. Neumann will always have a good O. He uses what he has very well. As for Dayton, gosh who can argue with one of the best programs in the area.I believe 99% of the PNG people will admit this, we are just excited with the changes here that were way overdue.

Pass or not it's over tomorrow bandkid so we will have to get down to all the great facts, like what will be the ratio between pass and run. If there are more runs than pass will we hear the ghost of PNG past? Will MB be the new Indian Ken? There are a lot of questions and a long time till fall ;)

Don't confuse us with facts? Now, dawgnut, don't make me bring y'all's bond discussion into this. :D

Pass or not it's over tomorrow bandkid so we will have to get down to all the great facts, like what will be the ratio between pass and run. If there are more runs than pass will we hear the ghost of PNG past? Will MB be the new Indian Ken? There are a lot of questions and a long time till fall ;)

Don't confuse us with facts? Now, dawgnut, don't make me bring y'all's bond discussion into this. :D

And I am just as excited about it as anyone else, but I still want to enjoy my summer. The spring game will do for now.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami