High School Slam Dunk & 3-Point Open Invitational

To all High School Basketball Guys & Gals:  Nederland HS is hosting the 1st Annual HS Slam Dunk & 3-point Invitational.  Free Admission & Free Registration to all competitors.  The Invitational is open to all area High School Basketball Players (Fresh, JV & Varsity).  There will be trophies for 1st, 2nd & 3rd Place for Slam Dunk, 1st, 2nd & 3rd Place for Guys 3-Point and 1st, 2nd & 3rd Place for Gals 3-Point Competitions.  Wear your B-Ball uniform or school colors and arrive at the Nederland Dome Gym for early registration at 4:30 pm on Thursday, April 23, 2009.  Competition begins at 5:00 pm.  DON'T JUST TALK ABOUT HOW "BAD" YOU ARE...PROVE IT...COMPETE FOR BRAGGING RIGHTS!!!  Admission is $4 Adults / $3 Students / Ages 4 & Under Free.  Need more info, call Kurt Gillespie 409-626-4832 or Gina Desmarais 409-656-9050 (proceeds to benefit Project Celebration)

[/flash.]

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NHS Dome Gym      Thursday, April 23, 2009     Registration starts at 4:30 pm, competition begins at 5:00 pm

Check all that apply:   ____Slam Dunk   ___Guys 3-Point   ____Ladies 3-Point

Student Name:_____________________________   School:_______________________

Address:________________________________________________________________

Home phone:_______________________   Cell number:_________________________

For participants under 18 years of age:

In case of an emergency, I give permission for my child to receive medical treatment.

Parent/Guardian Signature:_____________________________ Date:_______________

Printed Name:____________________________   Phone Number:_________________

To Pre-Register- fax application to 409-983-5906 or contact Kurt Gillespie 409-626-4832 or Gina Desmarais 409-656-9050

i think this is a great idea

There is a full list of activities for the night.  I understand for the first time, there will be a basketball king and queen.  I am not sure how that will be selected but a suggestion would be to put canisters out with each senior players picture on them and have people pay a dollar a vote in the canister.  The male canister and female canister with the most funds at the end of the night is your king and queen.  Would be a great fund raiser and not turn it into an ego thing!  In the end all seniors benefit.  This is gonna be a fun night.

The slam dunk and 3-pt competition is open to any high school basketball player, girls & guys, Freshman thru Seniors (there will be trophies for 1st, 2nd, & 3th in Slam Dunk, Guys 3-Pt and Girls 3-Pt)  We also ask that you were your school colors or jersey to represent your team.  We have contestants signing up from West Orange to Ozen, Hardin-Jefferson to Silsbee.  There are alot of great players out there who like to think they are the best, so I can't think of a better challenge to prove yourself than this and its free to all participants.  Just print the bottom of this posting and fax it in for early registration.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NHS Dome Gym      Thursday, April 23, 2009    Registration starts at 4:30 pm, competition begins at 5:00 pm

Check all that apply: ____Slam Dunk ___Guys 3-Point ____Ladies 3-Point

Student Name:_____________________________ School:_______________________

Address:________________________________________________________________

Home phone:_______________________ Cell number:_________________________

For participants under 18 years of age:

In case of an emergency, I give permission for my child to receive medical treatment.

Parent/Guardian Signature:_____________________________ Date:_______________

Printed Name:____________________________ Phone Number:_________________

To Pre-Register- fax application to 409-983-5906 or contact Kurt Gillespie 409-626-4832 or Gina Desmarais 409-656-9050

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    praise086
    Newest Member
    praise086

• Which district has "shown unwillingness to build a championship program"?
    • And just for the record, there's a difference between running from competition and moving to another district because the one you are currently in has shown an unwillingness to build a championship program. Figured I'd clarify that before it came up. 
    • I will never understand the mindset of a parent who thinks teaching their kid to run from competition is what is "best for the kid". Stay and fight it out, if you lose the position, find somewhere else to contribute and help the team. This soft azz mindset is what is wrong with the younger generation and it's not even the kids fault. I am old enough to remember when football was a game that taught life concepts and grew boys into men. Now, it's just like every other sport and treated like a meal ticket for parents, regardless of what the underlying consequences of those decisions may be. Everyone looks for quick returns on investment instead of working to prepare these kids for the tough breaks in life. Makes me sad. 
    • I pulled into the bank drive-through to cash a check yesterday. Couldn’t figure out why they were closed. About an hour later I realized it was because of Juneteenth. Kind of ticked me off. I just wanted to cash a check. Hope that doesn’t make me racist.🤔
    • Partially true. God is omnipresent and loves us all the same. God is not distant, we are. We are the ones that stray away or outright reject him. It is up to us to turn to him. We must ask and knock.   Matthew 7:7-8 7 “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds;and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.
  • Topics