Houston Astros

How many games do the Astros win this year?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. How many games do the Astros win this year?

• <65
    • 66-75
    • 76-85
    • 86-95
    • 95+

Opening day today.  What should we expect from the Astros this year?

If starters. particularly pitchers, hold up (a big if, possibly) then slightly more than breakeven record and about 3rd in their division.  Still a couple of guys I am not sure about for the long run...Bourn, for one. 

Guest JoesBros

A good line-up (if everyone stays healthy), Starting pitching of course the biggest question mark after Roy pitches. But I think if they can leave the game in reach for the bullpen they should be ok. As Ive mentioned on the Cheap Seats the past few show Im predicting 85 wins. The Cubs will win the division and we will have to wait and see about the Wild Card.

Opening day today.  What should we expect from the Astros this year?

If starters. particularly pitchers, hold up (a big if, possibly) then slightly more than breakeven record and about 3rd in their division.  Still a couple of guys I am not sure about for the long run...Bourn, for one. 

how can you shun bourn after 1 season.

yeah he batted terrible last year, but he seams to have improved. as of now they are just experimenting with him. the guy is putting the ball in play and getting hits...but if the strikeouts start building erstad could be back in center. i think this could be one of those under the radar kinda years. astros could really suprise some teams.

pulled it out tonight..

astros won't make the playoffs.

Cubs win NL central, and either the mets or braves take the wild card.

I see Berkman and Oswalt possibly gone by the trade deadline for prospects!

they both have full no trade clauses in their contract. the only one who would accept a trade would be oswalt....but it would have to be to the right team. neither are going anywhere....if its anyone to be traded its valverde.

pulled it out tonight..

astros won't make the playoffs.

Cubs win NL central, and either the mets or braves take the wild card.

I see Berkman and Oswalt possibly gone by the trade deadline for prospects!

they both have full no trade clauses in their contract. the only one who would accept a trade would be oswalt....but it would have to be to the right team. neither are going anywhere....if its anyone to be traded its valverde.

they've been trying to trade Roy O for years..

I just don't see him sticking around this year if this keeps up

The Astros win Central, play the Phillies for the NL Pennant, and beat the Angels for the WS.  ;)

The people on here downing the Astros are the same ones who will be backing them all the way when they are winning.....saying," I knew they could do it " Give me a break. Either you're for your team, or you're not.

If they go down, I will go down with them. If they win it, I always " knew they could "

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami