**Dayton vs Crosby Updates...4-1 Crosby Wins!!!!**

All classlessness aside.... Dayton can't load the bases 3 times (once w/no  outs), not score a run, and expect to win the game. The Broncos didn't get the timely hits and Crosby did. Smesny threw really well only allowing 4 hits... 1 was huge (3r homer). Some close pitches could have got him out of the 7th before the bomb but went the other way... that's baseball. Well pitched, exciting game. What transpired at the end was ugly!

He threw a gem a throwing error from the infield for the thrid out cost them. It was a routine play that should have been made

that one hurt for sure.

Intentionally throwing at a batters head is closer to criminal than classless. I stood behind the Crosby dugout after the game and heard "I told you I was gonna to do it" followed by laughter. I also personally witnessed a "portly" girl pick up a rock and throw it at Smesny--both pitiful examples of sportsmanship----but on to the game:

Dayton left 12 runners on base plus 2 thrown out on base running errors. 4 errors in the book and that 2 that aren't. Then with 2 quick outs in the 7th an E-6 allowed a base runner followed by a two strike hit batter(curveball)

then Smesny made a mistake and left one up---home run

Bottom line: errors, lost opportunities, hbp, and mistakes on the mound are all part of the game---throwing at a kids head is not--like I said earlier the Crosby pitcher should be ashamed of himself and I hope his coach disciplines him as well

Let's not forget that smesny hit 4 Crosby batters, as well as the pitcher for Crosby, who in all fairness had a right for retalliation after being hit in the throwin arm by a 90mph smesny fastball. No, it's not very sportsmanlike, but this is Crosby vs. Dayton, as well as a competitive game; daddy ball is over folks...we can take it from here. Props to a spectacular pitching performance by both teams, especially smesny for giving up only 4 hits, 2 to the 3 hole for Crosby, who had all 4 rbi's and game winning hr

Best game of the year by far for District 21-4a

Intentionally throwing at a batters head is closer to criminal than classless. I stood behind the Crosby dugout after the game and heard "I told you I was gonna to do it" followed by laughter. I also personally witnessed a "portly" girl pick up a rock and throw it at Smesny--both pitiful examples of sportsmanship----but on to the game:

Dayton left 12 runners on base plus 2 thrown out on base running errors. 4 errors in the book and that 2 that aren't. Then with 2 quick outs in the 7th an E-6 allowed a base runner followed by a two strike hit batter(curveball)

Bottom line: errors, lost opportunities, hbp, and mistakes on the mound are all part of the game---throwing at a kids head is not--like I said earlier the Crosby pitcher should be ashamed of himself and I hope his coach disciplines him as well

Let's not forget that smesny hit 4 Crosby batters, as well as the pitcher for Crosby, who in all fairness had a right for retalliation after being hit in the throwin arm by a 90mph smesny fastball. No, it's not very sportsmanlike, but this is Crosby vs. Dayton, as well as a competitive game; daddy ball is over folks...we can take it from here. Props to a spectacular pitching performance by both teams, especially smesny for giving up only 4 hits, 2 to the 3 hole for Crosby, who had all 4 rbi's and game winning hr

Sorry no excuse is good enough for hitting another player in the head deliberately.

The kid who threw for Crosby should be ashamed of himself. He threw at Smesny's head twice in the 7the hitting him the second time--he should be treated like the that he is.

Not a good thing to throw at someones head and more than likely there will be a throw down at the next meeting. I have been to Crosby vs Dayton basketball game and not good. Seriously do not like each other.  ??? Hey I like both schools but gets a little crazy at times.

Just get it correct---three crosby batters were hit with all three being CURVE balls and for the record ALL THREE HAD TWO STRIKES on them in a very close game therefore not intentional--if you cannot see the difference then you are a "Poor Ole Sport" as well

What the &*^ does intentionally hitting an opponent in the head have to do with daddy ball ?

Guest patriot117

Throwing at someones head is a cardinal sin in the church of baseball! There is no reason for that to ever happen! NONE! Crosby vs Dayton,whatever the circumstance. There are certain "situations" that require a pitcher to "protect" his teammates. Those are just the unwritten rules of the game. But a pitcher should never throw at another players head. Ever!

I hope Coach Thompson addressed this situation with his team. I would bet that he did. He's a first class guy.

Throwing at someones head is a cardinal sin in the church of baseball! There is no reason for that to ever happen! NONE! Crosby vs Dayton,whatever the circumstance. There are certain "situations" that require a pitcher to "protect" his teammates. Those are just the unwritten rules of the game. But a pitcher should never throw at another players head. Ever!

I hope Coach Thompson addressed this situation with his team. I would bet that he did. He's a first class guy.

I hope so as well. This does not need to get out of hand. There is nothing wrong with a good rivalry but most baseball people remember Dicky Thon and how a pitch to the head ended his career.

I appreciate the support Dayton's pitcher and team have received from surrounding schools concerning this incident.  

The lack of Crosby posters (with the exception of 2) on this thread shows me that the Crosby fans and parents do not support the actions of the Crosby pitcher either.  I realize one or two players/fans on a team can give the rest a bad name or image and I refuse to judge ALL Crosby players/fans by this incident.  

However, the numerous postings confirm that Crosby players and fans have a reputation for, to put it mildly, being classless.  

The girl that taunted and threw the rock at Smesny as he walked to the field house, should have been approached and reprimanded by the Crosby fans/parents.  Instead they watched, laughed and did nothing to stop her.

I can assure you, that while ALL schools have some fanatical fans and idiots (Dayton included), if I witnessed something like this happening, I would have stepped in. The numerous witnesses to this event, are guilty by omission for not stepping in.

Enough said.  Let's move on and play ball.

I appreciate the support Dayton's pitcher and team have received from surrounding schools concerning this incident.  

The lack of Crosby posters (with the exception of 2) on this thread shows me that the Crosby fans and parents do not support the actions of the Crosby pitcher either.  I realize one or two players/fans on a team can give the rest a bad name or image and I refuse to judge ALL Crosby players/fans by this incident.  

However, the numerous postings confirm that Crosby players and fans have a reputation for, to put it mildly, being classless.  

The girl that taunted and threw the rock at Smesny as he walked to the field house, should have been approached and reprimanded by the Crosby fans/parents.  Instead they watched, laughed and did nothing to stop her.

I can assure you, that while ALL schools have some fanatical fans and idiots (Dayton included), if I witnessed something like this happening, I would have stepped in. The numerous witnesses to this event, are guilty by omission for not stepping in.

Enough said.  Let's move on and play ball.

Excellent post...well said. I also agree w/ Patriot that I would imagine the Crosby coach, Thompson has addressed this...he is a good coach and a class guy.

Play ball.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    praise086
    Newest Member
    praise086