LC-M vs. Vidor....GAME NOW AT 6 TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest patriot117

So then why doesn't your district just draw up a schedule that says "Day and Time to be Determined" for all district games? Whether you think a competitive advantage was gained or not, the fact of the matter is that a coach COULD have pitched his ace on Monday and again on Friday. That is where I have a problem.

Here is another fact I think is relevant to this thread. 

Nederland moved a District game (with Vidor I think) from Tuesday to Monday just last year.  As a matter of fact, I don't remember which week last year, but every team in the district moved games from Tuesdy to Monday to avoid the rain.  (except for Livingston, they were not in this district)

I honestly don't see what the big deal is on whether a game gets moved up a day or not.  Come on people stop trying to make excuses.  A game can not be moved or time changed without the consent of the opposing team's coach.  We can sit here debate and do what if's til we are all blue in our faces, what it comes down to is that the coaches are going to do what they feel is best for the game.   I honestly feel that the coaches pretty much have their pitching rotation scheduled by the time district comes around.  Not to be ugly or rude but why didn't vidor pitch their ace againtst LCM?  Do they not think LCM is a threat?  Im not trying to start anything I was just wondering why they are not concern about LCM.  

I honestly don't see what the big deal is on whether a game gets moved up a day or not.  Come on people stop trying to make excuses.  A game can not be moved or time changed without the consent of the opposing team's coach.  We can sit here debate and do what if's til we are all blue in our faces, what it comes down to is that the coaches are going to do what they feel is best for the game.   I honestly feel that the coaches pretty much have their pitching rotation scheduled by the time district comes around.  Not to be ugly or rude but why didn't vidor pitch their ace againtst LCM?  Do they not think LCM is a threat?  Im not trying to start anything I was just wondering why they are not concern about LCM.  

You contradict yourself in this paragraph.  You said you feel coaches have their pitching rotations set by the time district rolls around, you then question why Vidor's ace didn't pitch against LCM.  Look at Vidor's schedule: PNG, LCM, Nederland.  So, it seems to make sense to me that you'd want to improve your odds of winning two out of three. Pitching your ace on what would be (in a perfect weather world) on Fridays to cover two of these three teams is the best decision.

Guest patriot117

It's not the two teams decision. It should require DISTRICT approval. If the other teams in the district have no problem, then move it. The district schedule is approved by each teams Superintendent in advance, any changes should require their approval as well.

UIL Policy:

Schedules

Athletic schedules will not be considered official until approved by the superintendent of the member school district.

It's not the two teams decision. It should require DISTRICT approval. If the other teams in the district have no problem, then move it. The district schedule is approved by each teams Superintendent in advance, any changes should require their approval as well.

UIL Policy:

Schedules

Athletic schedules will not be considered official until approved by the superintendent of the member school district.

I totally agree. It should have to go through a district committee. Two coaches shouldn't have the total authority on changing the district schedule. Too many questions come up when you have that kind of leeway. What if Nederland wanted to move their game up just like Vidor and LCM did yet the other team did not want to? Is that fair? This kind of freedom allows the possibility of coercion. That's why you see the collegiate and pro level never do this. If they get a rainout, then they adjust their schedules accordingly afterward. It is only the fair way.

I understand when coaches want to move their games up to avoid weather, but it should be all the games moved or none at all. With the weather we get around here, there is no guarantee that you'll get the rain or bad weather.

This is only a district play problem, this should not be considered in non-district play.

UIL Policy:

Schedules

I totally agree. It should have to go through a district committee. Two coaches shouldn't have the total authority on changing the district schedule. Too many questions come up when you have that kind of leeway. What if Nederland wanted to move their game up just like Vidor and LCM did yet the other team did not want to? Is that fair? This kind of freedom allows the possibility of coercion. That's why you see the collegiate and pro level never do this. If they get a rainout, then they adjust their schedules accordingly afterward. It is only the fair way.

I understand when coaches want to move their games up to avoid weather, but it should be all the games moved or none at all. With the weather we get around here, there is no guarantee that you'll get the rain or bad weather.

This is only a district play problem, this should not be considered in non-district play.

As someone pointed out earlier in this thread, Vidor and Nederland did this very thing last year to avoid a rainout on their scheduled game date and no one got their feathers ruffled.  Now suddenly it is an issue?  They aren't moving games around because of a wild hair to do so, these coaches see a problem brewing later in the week due to the weather and did what was best for their programs.  I feel certain if it were possible for Nederland to do the same thing they would have with no questions asked, just like they did last year.  I am also certain that both coaches had to agree on this before this could be possible.  Bottom line is, the district committee ruled in favor of letting these teams play and they did.  It is all said and done, time for the whiners to move on....

The District voted on it Monday.

After Nederland brought it up. It should never come to that. If two teams want to move their game, they should have to bring it up before the district to get approval, not have another team have to call them on it.

Besides, I didn't think it was brought before the district, I thought it was brought before the UIL.

UIL Policy:

Schedules

As someone pointed out earlier in this thread, Vidor and Nederland did this very thing last year to avoid a rainout on their scheduled game date and no one got their feathers ruffled.  Now suddenly it is an issue?  They aren't moving games around because of a wild hair to do so, these coaches see a problem brewing later in the week due to the weather and did what was best for their programs.  I feel certain if it were possible for Nederland to do the same thing they would have with no questions asked, just like they did last year.  I am also certain that both coaches had to agree on this before this could be possible.  Bottom line is, the district committee ruled in favor of letting these teams play and they did.  It is all said and done, time for the whiners to move on....

And that is my point. Just because they did it last year does not make it right. Besides, last year is irrelevant to this year.

Another point, Nederland may not of had the opportunity to move their game up because the other team did not want too. That's where the possibility of coercion could come in.

I have no dog in this hunt. But I just think being able to move games in this manner is not right. Either move them all, or leave them put.

TOP 5 REASONS PATRIOT AND AGGIES SHOULD LET IT GO: (based of this board)

1.The district executive committe voted and agreed to the schedule change (this is the sup from all school districts)

2.The same teams complaining did the same thing last year (with no vote called for by anyone)

3.This time no advantage was gained (Vidor didn't attempt to throw either pitcher that will throw Friday)

4.THE GAME IS OVER

5.THE GAME IS OVER

5b. It makes you sound like a cry baby. >:( >:( >:(

LET IT GO ;D ;D ;D

1.The district executive committe voted and agreed to the schedule change (this is the sup from all school districts)

2.The same teams complaining did the same thing last year (with no vote called for by anyone)

3.This time no advantage was gained (Vidor didn't attempt to throw either pitcher that will throw Friday)

4.THE GAME IS OVER

5.THE GAME IS OVER

LET IT GO ;D ;D ;D

Amen to that!  All this "coersion" talk makes this topic sound like mafia activity instead of high school baseball.  Geez.  Lighten up Francis.

Guest patriot117

4.THE GAME IS OVER

5.THE GAME IS OVER

LET IT GO ;D ;D ;D

I could care less who wins or loses in that district! I too have no dog (no pun intended) in this fight. People just cannot say that if the teams want to move a game that it is their choice alone. It appears all the I's were dotted and T's were crossed. Anything else would be unacceptable. JMO.

Guest patriot117

Psycho: The name's Francis Soyer, but everybody calls me Psycho. Any of you guys call me Francis, and I'll kill you.

Leon:  Ooooooh.

Psycho:  You just made the list, buddy. And I don't like nobody touching my stuff. So just keep your meat-hooks off. If I catch any of you guys in my stuff, I'll kill you. Also, I don't like nobody touching me. Now, any of you  touch me, and I'll kill you.

Sergeant Hulka:  Lighten up, Francis.

Ok. WIll do! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

The District voted on it Monday.

After Nederland brought it up. It should never come to that. If two teams want to move their game, they should have to bring it up before the district to get approval, not have another team have to call them on it.

Besides, I didn't think it was brought before the district, I thought it was brought before the UIL.

Is your opinion a UIL rule or just your opinion. If it's just your opinion then I would say what makes you the authority. If you are quoting UIL rules then I would agree.

4.THE GAME IS OVER

5.THE GAME IS OVER

LET IT GO ;D ;D ;D

Possibly the best post on this thread.

Guest patriot117

Game is over both schools AGREED to move the game and that is all that matters.  Last night the better team won.  Hope that all the other games that are scheduled for this evening will get to play. 

I really, really want to drop the subject. It just grates on me when someone says "both schools agreed." Just understand that it does not matter if "both schools agreed", a majority of the schools in their district had to agree for the change to take place.

Congrats Bears! My son played ball with Shane last summer, great kid, great family.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• No chance in hell that this pos is found guilty. 
    • After his silly conviction, President Trump has raised over 200 Million dollars!  The people are seeing through it!  Excellent!  
    • Let’s see if joe biden’s words about no one is above the law, made after the rigged trial of President Trump, rings true with his po💩son.  Hopefully, but I’m not going to hold my breath, they put the sorry sob in prison.
    • I liked his no bull crap attitude. He was a man of very few words. Extremely strong and freaky athletic!!! As close as possible to being the best offensive lineman to ever play the game. I hope his family finds peace without him!!! RIP #73
    • Chester, a small town in NE Tyler County.  A town that is seeing growth with the addition of a national chain store and a new school being built.  If you travel 287 toward Dallas from the Golden Triangle you have probably passed through Chester.  Things tend to stay pretty consistent and it is your typical small town.   A trip to state is the buzz around town, and the talk before church services begin on Sunday.  This year’s graduating class will number 11.  We don’t have a radio station that covers the Yellowjackets.  We are never a lead story on any of the news stations that broadcast to our community. With all that said, there is a closeness and sense of pride in our community.  Every community rallies behind their kids as they progress into the playoffs.  We are proud of our boys as they have represented our community well and with class. We invite you to follow our boys as they go to state.  We welcome the greater SETX communities as honorary Yellowjackets.  Tune in, watch live or come to Round Rock personally and join us in supporting the Chester Yellowjackets.  Go ‘Jackets!!! ⚾️💜💛⚾️🟣🟡⚾️💜💛⚾️
  • Topics