LC-M vs. Vidor....GAME NOW AT 6 TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok guys im back!!!

inside info here, nederland is in effect boycotting the vidor-lcm game today that has been moved up

they are making us call uil to check if it's still a go

nederland says it will give us time to rest before we play them, but look at the other side of the coin, we were rained out on friday, so we played(well showed up) on saturday, so we would be taking this game on 1 days rest, think for yourself, do you really think this is what we wanted???

ok guys im back!!!

inside info here, nederland is in effect boycotting the vidor-lcm game today that has been moved up

nederland says it will give us time to rest before we play them, but look at the other side of the coin, we were rained out on friday, so we played(well showed up) on saturday, so we would be taking this game on 1 days rest, think for yourself, do you really think this is what we wanted???

Vidor agreeing to play a game with just 1 day of rest has nothing to do with Nederland's concern. I totally understand why Ned would want the UIL to rule on this, it is within their rights. This kind of thing could lead to coercion. Yes there is a chance of rain tomorrow, but to me, all the district games should be moved up, or all should be played tomorrow. If they get rained out tomorrow, then you adjust your schedule accordingly.

Guest patriot117

ok guys im back!!!

Gotta agree with Nederland on this one. I would have thought you would be required to get district approval first for any change of this magnitude. It may seem petty, but in a tight district race, every little bit can help.

Oh well, water under the bridge at this point.

wait a minute did LCM not play on Saturday also????? Least see that means LCM has only had a 1 day rest.....come on people quit making excuses...games and times are always beening schuffle around because of the weather....HELLOOOOOOO remember where we are out we are in SE TEXas.  good luck to both teams tonight...and stopped with all the darn excuses

ok guys im back!!!

Gotta agree with Nederland on this one. I would have thought you would be required to get district approval first for any change of this magnitude. It may seem petty, but in a tight district race, every little bit can help.

Oh well, water under the bridge at this point.

UIL said it's Legal.

If Im not mistaken I believe that if a game has been rain out because of the weather it has to be made up before the next district game and if that is the case I think both schools would rather play early than take the chance of not being able to play.  If you wait and get rain out than you take the chance of only having 1 or 2 days rest....just a thought    

If Im not mistaken I believe that if a game has been rain out because of the weather it has to be made up before the next district game and if that is the case I think both schools would rather play early than take the chance of not being able to play.  If you wait and get rain out than you take the chance of only having 1 or 2 days rest....just a thought    

Good thought!!!

Guest patriot117

wait a minute did LCM not play on Saturday also????? Least see that means LCM has only had a 1 day rest.....come on people quit making excuses...games and times are always beening schuffle around because of the weather....HELLOOOOOOO remember where we are out we are in SE TEXas.   good luck to both teams tonight...and stopped with all the darn excuses

You are indeed correct, games and game times are adjusted every week for weather related problems. The issue here is moving a game up in the week upon the "threat" of rain. What happend last week is irrelevant. If you had to change your schedule due to the weather (actual weather event) and you move it to a Saturday or Monday knowing what your SET  district schedule is for the following week, that is indeed your problem. Any other attempts to adjust a DISTRICT game, become the problem for the other teams in the district. You cannot create an unfair advantage when all other teams are playing a Tuesday/Friday schedule as agreed upon by each schools representative months earlier.

I do believe there is like a 60% chance of rain tomorrow and than another chance on Thursday and with all the rain that we have the fields are going to get soggy and be harder to play on.  I just wish all the teams the best luck and may the best team win.  May there be no errors and no one gets hurt.  The teams and fans that are traveling may they have a safe trip there and home.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124