PN-G Spring Game/Post Comments Here!!!!

Will the band be playing at the game May 22?

Will the band be playing the new "much slower" version of Cherokee or the old one????

To answer your question, the current, slow version of Cherokee is technically the old one. The melody to Cherokee is part of a song called Caravan, and, originally, the melody was played very slowly. We took it and sped it up to make a fight song out of it, eventually adding words.

Furthermore, and contrary to popular belief, the "slow" Cherokee has been played at least since the 1990's, and I've got video evidence from the 1999 Brazosport playoff game to prove it. The fast Cherokee of the 1970's is the one many people associate with PN-G's fight song, and one I hope to see returned fairly soon. Honestly, I believe it will be brought back with the changes going on at the Reservation, and I don't just mean the ones on the football field. This district is making a u-turn across the board. I don't mean to sound arrogant, but I believe that we're on our way back to the top, and, accordingly, I think the fight song is going to speed up as the pride really comes back to its pinnacle.

I vaguely remember my dad listening to Cherokee back in the 60's.  I was thinking it was popularized back in the 40's by a Big Band group.

I found this :

This is the hidden content, please

Check out the sample clips from the song under the Listen and Compare section. Pretty cool. ;)

Thanks, but I've already heard it. In fact, I've played it. Caravan was part of our marching show this year. That's how I knew all this. Mr. Wells and Ms. Beckcom (our band directors) gave us a little history lesson before we started working on the actual show.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was very impressed with PN-G! This new staff has buildt a Foundation and are very organized for such a short time being there. The Multiple set Offense they run will be hard for defenses to stop with the 2 great QB's they have. WR Core is very talented as well with Spencer DeRon and Company. Very few mistakes as well in this game, very well coached. I'm sticking with what i said when Faircloth got the job, PN-G will make the Playoffs!!!!!!!!!

;D ;D ;D ;D

What did you think of the Indians Coop???

I was very impressed with PN-G! This new staff has buildt a Foundation and are very organized for such a short time being there. The Multiple set Offense they run will be hard for defenses to stop with the 2 great QB's they have. WR Core is very talented as well with Spencer DeRon and Company. Very few mistakes as well in this game, very well coached. I'm sticking with what i said when Faircloth got the job, PN-G will make the Playoffs!!!!!!!!!

What did you think of the Indians Coop???

I have to agree with you, Coop!  I was very, VERY impressed!  Faircloth has built a very strong foundation, and I see the Indians only getting better as the year progresses! 

They have 2 dang good ones!! Doty and Desmond.

They going to split, Coop?

Doty is the better QB. Tall (close to 6'3") with a good arm and pretty sharpe. He completed 19-26 for 4 TD's and he threw a pick on a heave just before the half.

Desmond is a very good athlete. They will find a way to get him the ball some, they have to. I could see him taking some snaps and running the option or a wildcat type set. He is not as good a passer as Doty and he is only about 5'10".

At this point Doty will start, but both should see the field.

One thing I saw that has not be mentioned is that the Indians did much better open field tackling. They were terrible at this last year and I already see an improvement. The centers need work snapping to a QB in the backfield, but this will improve with practice. A WHOLE lot more positives than negatives. I am really looking forward to the season.

that was about the only negative i saw both QBs had to jump to get the ball but both were quick to bring the ball down and get the play going, as long as the front line keeps holding their blocks like they did. Those kids were great at opening up big holes for the running plays and i saw some great blocks being throw, they are alot better at protecting the QB and run blocking for the running plays

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83