**Kingwood Park at Barbers Hill Updates..4-1 BH Wins!!**

Guest rambleonus

Good game BH.  Like I said before Kpark is too young and they played like it tonight.  Can't win games with 6 hits.  The BH pitcher was on tonight.  Hopefully things turn out differently next time at Panther Field.

Good game BH.  Like I said before Kpark is too young and they played like it tonight.  Can't win games with 6 hits.  The BH pitcher was on tonight.  Hopefully things turn out differently next time at Panther Field.

Good Game but we left way to many kids on base. Next up the GOOSE. BH is very confident right now and the Sr.  pitching staff is doing there job

What is it ? First you say you really don't have any pitchers that can throw over eighty and now you don't have any hitting. Sounds like you don't have much faith in your team.

???

Tuesday, March 24

Barbers Hill 4 Kingwood Park 1

Barbers Hill got a great pitching performance from Jay Burditt and just enough offense to defeat Kingwood Park by a score of 4-1 in a District 19-4A  contest.   The Eagles are now 10-6 and 3-0.   

Burditt maintained control throughout the game.  Only twice did Kingwood Park get the leadoff batter on base.  In the sixth inning, the Mustangs got a single up the middle and then a push bunt past the pitcher to begin the inning.  But Burditt quickly did damage control by coaxing a fly out to left, a strikeout and a tapper back to the mound.  The lone run score off of Burditt was an unearned run in the 7th.  After a single and wild pitch put a runner on second, Burditt got the next two batters on a line drive to third and a pop-up to the catcher.  Kingwood's next batter singled to right but the runner was held at third until the right fielder mishandled the grounder and let it get behind him.  A flyout to right ended the game. 

Offensively, Barbers Hill got all the runs they needed in the 2nd and 3rd innings.  Burditt began the second inning with a walk and was replaced by courtesy runner Cade McDonald.  McDonald was advanced to second on a ground out by Tyler Lyday.  Jake Ponder drove in the first run of the game was a double past third base.  In the third, the Eagles plated 2 runs after 2 were out.  Cody Clifton singled to get on base.  The Mustang pitcher got the next 2 batters.  But a hot hitting Colby Henscey did not waste a scoring opportunity as he jacked a tremendous shot high over the left field fence.   The home run was Henscey's fifth of the season.  The Eagles final run came on a bases loaded walk to Burditt. 

1  2  3  4  5 6

7 R

H E

LOB

Kingwood Park

0 0

0 0

0 1

1  7  1  6

Barbers Hill

1  2  0  1  0  x  4  7 1

Winning Pitcher: Jay Burditt 7 innings, 8 Strikeouts, No Base-on-balls, No earned runs.

BH:  Colby Henscey HR - 2RBIs, Jake Ponder 2B - 1 RBI, Cody Clifton 2 singles, Matt Peterson 2 singles, Tony Carmona single

I watched the BH game last night and was very impressed. They made very few mistakes and seemed to play on a mature level. An example would be in about the 5th inning after a misplayed bunt left 2 on and no outs Ponder walks out and calms the pitcher down. He then pitches out of the jam.---LEADERSHIP

I PREDICT BH WINS THIS DISTRICT WITH A PERFECT RECORD.

Guest rambleonus

Bh was in control from start to finish.  I hope our kids at Kpark learned something last night.  Making the playoffs in this district is going to mean something.  Anything can happen with the top six teams. 

Great game by two solid teams. Congrats to the BH Eagles. Excellent performance on the mound by Jay Burditt. Jay stayed ahead in the count on pretty much every batter he faced. Great job of keeping hitters off balance w/ his curveball. Very impressed w/ Jay's performance. Colby Henscey (LF) is on a tear....what is it....4 HR's in last 5 games ? Cody Clifton (2B ), a .400 hitter last year, had 2 hits last night and is starting to get hot. Good defense last night by Carmona @ ss and Ponder behind the plate.

This is going to be an exciting district this year.

Guest patriot117

Barbers Hill will not go unbeaten in 19-4A. Too many quality teams. I think they'll win the district, but with 2 losses. IMO.

I'm not sure King has enough pitching to be #2. We've played Dayton and Crosby and I would venture to say that Crosby will finish up #2. They play solid D and I think their pitching can match-up with anyone in our district. The kid who pitched last night was low 80's, but pounded the zone! (Gabryzichnky (sp))

The Goose is struggling with the bats right now. We better right the ship soon or it will be too late.

Guest patriot117

Who will beat BH?--I think Dayton takes Crosby

Dayton, Crosby, K Park, King, Galena Park, even GCM (on a good night) all have the ability to beat Barbers Hill. Beating a team TWICE is a tough task. This is a TOUGH district. There is a ton of baseball to be played.

Guest patriot117

BH will have to have an off night to lose--last night they looked great

Have they lost a game this year? I would venture to say that they are capable of an "off night." They're good, not unbeatable.

Enjoy the peak, the valley is always around the corner. That's the joy of baseball!

Have they lost a game this year? I would venture to say that they are capable of an "off night." They're good, not unbeatable.

Enjoy the peak, the valley is always around the corner. That's the joy of baseball!

Pat you sound like a hater. The district is pretty even. I look for BH, Dayton, KP to make the playoffs. King and GCM to battle for the 4th spot

Guest rambleonus

Agree.  Last night was not how KP normally plays.  Don't get me wrong, BH played great last night and I don't want to take anything away from them, but KP plays alot better than that  

Guest patriot117

Pat you sound like a hater. The district is pretty even. I look for BH, Dayton, KP to make the playoffs. King and GCM to battle for the 4th spot

Nope. I don't hate, I appreciate.

Barbers Hill is BY FAR the team to beat. Just don't like handing them the trophy after 3 games.

The Hill has the quality of athletic programs that we want to strive for. Success on all levels and well respected.

Guest rambleonus

Agree.  Last night was not how KP normally plays.  Don't get me wrong, BH played great last night and I don't want to take anything away from them, but KP plays alot better than that  

BH shut you down, thats what happen.It wasn't that you had a off game.

Now that I think about it you are correct.  I doubt KP wins another game except for the NF games. 

Guest patriot117

BH shut you down, thats what happen.It wasn't that you had a off game.

Now that I think about it you are correct.  I doubt KP wins another game except for the NF games. 

You might not want to take NF for granted either. Their pitchers throw about as hard as yours. ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83