New Beaumont ISD Complex/Ground Breaking May 28

Guest JoesBros

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ford Park has never hosted HS football.....just basketball, and indoor football, rodeos, ect. Heck, the Golden Triangle as a whole has never really supported any type of pro/semi-pro sport of anykind. We had the Golden Gators years ago, and they left because they couldn't draw a crowd. But people come out in droves to watch HS football. Filling that stadium to capacity on a weekly basis shouldn't be a problem.

Ford Park has never hosted HS football.....just basketball, and indoor football, rodeos, ect. Heck, the Golden Triangle as a whole has never really supported any type of pro/semi-pro sport of anykind. We had the Golden Gators years ago, and they left because they couldn't draw a crowd. But people come out in droves to watch HS football. Filling that stadium to capacity on a weekly basis shouldn't be a problem.

I think you are being wishful thinking here. I have been to West Brook, Central and Ozen games. Other than the times when they play each other, do they rarely fill the stadiums that they play in now. This stadium is suppose to be a third larger than any of the two stadiums that they play in now. Where are the fans that will need to help fill this stadium on a weekly basis?

I usually come to the aid of anyone that have something negative to say about Central or BISD.  But, AAW does have a point. With the exception of the Beaumont Bowl games, our fans do not fill the stands up.  West Brook have recently been doing a good job putting butts in the seats due to their success.  I think with the addition of the new stadium along with great seasons by all 3 of our Beaumont Schools, we can start off the 2010 season putting a lot of fans in those seats. 

Beaumont won't have any problems filling this stadium.

So, they must be cutting back on the original seating capacity then. ;)

No, it has always been about 11,000. Durley and Babe both have 10,000 seating capacity. I think that when it is finished, we shouldn't have a problem filling the seats. BTW, dont think the UIL doesn't know about our new stadium either. I've heard rumors of BISD hosting playoff games in the future as well.

Beaumont won't have any problems filling this stadium.

So, they must be cutting back on the original seating capacity then. ;)

No, it has always been about 11,000. Durley and Babe both have 10,000 seating capacity. I think that when it is finished, we shouldn't have a problem filling the seats. BTW, dont think the UIL doesn't know about our new stadium either. I've heard rumors of BISD hosting playoff games in the future as well.

I never doubted that this stadium would host playoff games. There will be some 4A, 3A, and 2A playoff games there. I only questioned the statement that this stadium will be filled to capacity each and every week. That won't happen.

The home side of Durley Stadium is always full. Also BISD is going to one stadium which means one home game in Beaumont on Friday nights so more football fans to view the game instead of dividing the fans between two or sometimes three different games.  Like I said earlier Beaumont will not have a problem filling the new stadium.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami