NEW GUY IN B.C.

TLB0

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From PG scouting report (he was 88 off the bump; 7.15 in 60):

Caleb Kellogg is a 2010 RHP/OF with a 6'1'', 174 lb. frame from DeQuincy, LA who attends DeQuincy HS. Lean projectable build, sloping shoulders, toned lower half. Athletic in outfield, high energy, quick to ball, longer release and big raw arm strength, 95 from OF, ball jumps from hand, accurate to bases. Aggressive at plate, short path to ball, patient, good bat speed, runs well - good out of box, shows lift in swing. Full windup on mound, longer arm in back and it works with relative ease, good spin on BB's, buries SL, effective changing speeds, ball jumps on hitter, defensive swings against him. High level two way prospect. Named to Top Prospect team.

wonder what brought him to b.c. shurly not just to play for b.c.?

im going to give it a shot and say a vehicle.... ;)

really, what does it matter? if his family is now living in the area i believe its a law he has to attend school somewhere...

a vehicle..that was funny...seriously, it was...lol

if you see my earlier posts on this, you saw me having fun...at the expense of those who love to talk about high school kids as "baseball gods", ready for the big time.  Up until one of the last posts did we actually see what young Mr. Kellogg actually brings to the Redbirds...before that it was pure speculation...

ANd when we started talking about "pitching speed"...read WHO I was talking about...that awesome 3rd grader over at our neighbors to the east...EAGLE07 took it for what it was, but then that fictitious speed became a point about Mr. Kellogg...all without facts, until 2 posts later...

The names of coaches and law enforcement personnel should have been the tip off...

Me thinks we take games WAAAAAY too seriously...

And yes, I do pick on myself as well...just look at the discussion on the Bear make up tournament thread...

WELL VENOM THIS IS A SPORTS WEBSITE AND THATS WHAT WE TALK ABOUT SEE. I CAN ASK A QUESTION IF I LIKE ,I AM NOT HURTING ANYONE BY ASKING NOR AM I BAD MOUTHING ANYONE. IF YOU DONT LIKE WHAT IS ASKED THEN JUST LEAVE THE THREAD THERE ARE PLENTY OF  OTHERS TO GET ON. THATS THE BEAUTY OF THIS SITE. ALL I WAS ASKING WAS IF ANYONE KNEW, DIDNT SAY IT REALLY MATTERED, WAS JUST ASKIN.

WELL VENOM THIS IS A SPORTS WEBSITE AND THATS WHAT WE TALK ABOUT SEE. I CAN ASK A QUESTION IF I LIKE ,I AM NOT HURTING ANYONE BY ASKING NOR AM I BAD MOUTHING ANYONE. IF YOU DONT LIKE WHAT IS ASKED THEN JUST LEAVE THE THREAD THERE ARE PLENTY OF  OTHERS TO GET ON. THATS THE BEAUTY OF THIS SITE. ALL I WAS ASKING WAS IF ANYONE KNEW, DIDNT SAY IT REALLY MATTERED, WAS JUST ASKIN.

WELL BCBB THIS IS A SPORTS WEBSITE AND THATS WHAT WE TALK ABOUT SEE. I CAN ASK A QUESTION IF I LIKE ,I AM NOT HURTING ANYONE BY ASKING NOR AM I BAD MOUTHING ANYONE. IF YOU DONT LIKE WHAT IS ASKED THEN JUST LEAVE THE THREAD THERE ARE PLENTY OF  OTHERS TO GET ON. THATS THE BEAUTY OF THIS SITE! hahahahaha!!!!

im not sure if i should be scared or report you because youve now made me extremely nervous with all the screaming! get your little panties out of a wad!your question was not really a sports question... it was more along the lines of wanting to stir the pot! also, if you want to know his families personal business as to why they came here maybe you should ask them directly instead of posting the question on a SPORTS FORUM!!!!!

im curious, are you nervous he might come in and take either your position or the position of one of your loved ones???

Caleb Kellogg is a 2010 RHP/OF with a 6'1'', 174 lb. frame from DeQuincy, LA who attends DeQuincy HS. Lean projectable build, sloping shoulders, toned lower half. Athletic in outfield, high energy, quick to ball, longer release and big raw arm strength, 95 from OF, ball jumps from hand, accurate to bases. Aggressive at plate, short path to ball, patient, good bat speed, runs well - good out of box, shows lift in swing. Full windup on mound, longer arm in back and it works with relative ease, good spin on BB's, buries SL, effective changing speeds, ball jumps on hitter, defensive swings against him. High level two way prospect. Named to Top Prospect team.

How about you give us his shoe size, cereal that he eats for breakfast, his mom's maiden name, and what make of vehicle that he drives because this is the only thing you haven't talked about yet. I'm tired of hearing about BC.  Especially one player, talk about the team as a whole.  Even if they lose, there is always an excuse  They're good but not in the pro's yet (21-3A  everyone doesn't have to hype up what they do) Take five minutes and think about something besides BC.  (everyone)

Guest Silsbee88

How about you give us his shoe size, cereal that he eats for breakfast, his mom's maiden name, and what make of vehicle that he drives because this is the only thing you haven't talked about yet. I'm tired of hearing about BC.  Especially one player, talk about the team as a whole.  Even if they lose, there is always an excuse  They're good but not in the pro's yet (21-3A  everyone doesn't have to hype up what they do) Take five minutes and think about something besides BC.  (everyone)

I am just curious mr intelligence (just in case you have a hard time with that word, it means very smart) did you read the title of this tread?  The title should have given you some indication that this tread had to do with BC and one new individual.  So if you are tired of hearing about BC then don't click on this thread.  And to let you know 21-3A talks no more or less about 21-3A than any other district or classification and if they do then that means they have a greater fan base.  So if you don't want to talk about BC or 21-3A then go to another thread. :o :o

are we taking ourselves a little TOO seriously here?

I had fun with the thread...but now we have elctronic shouting, sarcastic name calling, hurt feelings...all over a young man who has a desire to play sports, baseball in particular, and have fun with it, and, from the looks of his stats, is pretty good at the game...

aaaahhhh...there's that word...game...

Having seen that fan behavior can get...well..crazy, I wanted to inject some levity into the discussion...but NNNOOOOO...we get folks that remind me about a relative of one of the little ball players that used to play at Twin County baseball...He would get SSSOOOO worked up, he would pull a "King Kong" and try to crawl over the backstop fence...we had to ban him...

You know what?  Good luck Mr. Kellogg...you seem like a good young man, who looks forward to playing ball at a really good place to play ball at...'ceptin' for some of the fans, that get the "baseball rabies" 'bout this time of year...

Don't worry...the foam in their mouths is harmless...and they have been vaccinated, so they are safe...you'll find them at all the local ballparks...a crazy vocal minority that have self-assumed the mantle of "baseball oracle"

Have fun playing the game young man...enjoy these years of playing ball...

If you don't like BC or hearing about them, it's a funny thing that you would waste your time coming onto this particular thread, much less post about it.  Sounds like you or your team might have been spanked before by the Cardinals and you have a little bitterness towards them!  I hope these boys make lots of noise in the area and you then will have to go stick your head in the sand in order not to hear about them.

If you don't like BC or hearing about them, it's a funny thing that you would waste your time coming onto this particular thread, much less post about it.  Sounds like you or your team might have been spanked before by the Cardinals and you have a little bitterness towards them!  I hope these boys make lots of noise in the area and you then will have to go stick your head in the sand in order not to hear about them.

I just think that yall need to get off of one person and leave him alone for a while.  And as for you, stick your head underwater and breathe.

I just think that yall need to get off of one person and leave him alone for a while.  And as for you, stick your head underwater and breathe.

You are the one that made the comments above and it's alot more than leaving one player alone, you were making statements about being tired of hearing about BC and how they make excuses if they lose.  Again, if you are sick of hearing about them and think they are hyped up, why are you reading something posted about them?  That makes alot of sense.  And while your head is buried deep in that sand, inhale slowly.  ;D

NO VENOM BOTH MY BOYS ARE YOUNG I JUST LIKE TO KEEP UP WITH THE BASEBALL TEAM FROM MY HOMETOWN. I AM A BIG FAN OF BASEBALL. I LOVE IT. WHY WOULD THERE BE ANY REASON TO STIR THE POT. I WAS JUST ASKIN IF ANYONE KNEW ANYTHING ABOUT THE NEW GUY.

Guest Silsbee88

So when can he play??

I maybe wrong on this but I think if he is not a senior he is in eligible to play on varsity for one season.

He just has to be released by his previous school.

Best I understand, he has to be released by his previous school first, then he has to wait until the 7th calender day following the earlier of either a 3 week progress report or a six week grading report that shows he is passing in Texas.

You are the one that made the comments above and it's alot more than leaving one player alone, you were making statements about being tired of hearing about BC and how they make excuses if they lose.  Again, if you are sick of hearing about them and think they are hyped up, why are you reading something posted about them?  That makes alot of sense.  And while your head is buried deep in that sand, inhale slowly.   ;D

Well if i'm not mistaking, when President Hicks left yall standing on the field crying all alone, everyone from BC suddenly started doubting the future of the team.          All of a sudden he's back, and we have a chance.  Get some more people that actually have talent, that way tears will be saved if he ever leaves yall again.

Boy, just reading, there are some jealous people in the area.....  BC is just a very respectable program with a long history of good baseball going back to the incipient programs in the 1950s.

We welcome this young man to town: he is joining a fine group of young men who thrive on diamond-teamwork.  It is great that he can join a team with 7 very viable Pitchers already; Matt Hicks is now hitting 92 mph and Celab coming in throws good junk and assorted curves up to 88 mph that augments & fits in well with the other great Pitchers in the BC mix.

It will be a strain to win ALL the games in this tough District; BUT, look out in those 3 game playoff bracket sets later!  This team will nail you from the mound both this year and next year.

You are the one that made the comments above and it's alot more than leaving one player alone, you were making statements about being tired of hearing about BC and how they make excuses if they lose.  Again, if you are sick of hearing about them and think they are hyped up, why are you reading something posted about them?  That makes alot of sense.  And while your head is buried deep in that sand, inhale slowly.   ;D

Well if i'm not mistaking, when President Hicks left yall standing on the field crying all alone, everyone from BC suddenly started doubting the future of the team.          All of a sudden he's back, and we have a chance.  Get some more people that actually have talent, that way tears will be saved if he ever leaves yall again.

Are you saying Bridge City doesnt have talent? Im sure we could pitch any of our pitchers and beat whatever team your on!!! We have ALWAYS had a chance...I can proove that...Now we have a chance at state, like always.

Hmmm "runs well" at 7.15 in the 60, thats not really burning the bases up, 7.15s ok for a pitcher but somewhat lacking for a hitter tho...WW

I was at the 08 PG Nationals in Ft. Myers and unless he was able to run in the 2nd chance 60' the times were very slow. There was roughly a 25 mph headwind with a wet field causing the slow times. I noticed several players that normally run 6.8 in the 7.1 range. Some of those were able to run a better time that night in the second chance, however a few game schedules prevented everyone from being able to improve their times.

Personally I'm happy to see more talent in the area.

You really are clueless aren't you?  First of all, if you knew anything at all about baseball, you would know what an asset Matt Hicks is, and I am sure any team in the area would love to have him on their team.  And these boys for the most part have been playing ball together since they were 5 years old and when Matt moved, I think they didn't want him to go because their good friend was not going to be there besides losing a key player on the team.  Not sure anyone was crying on Cardinal field, or doubting the future of the team, because the team is loaded with talent with several others not making the varsity team that probably would in any other town around.  Do I detect alot of jealousy in you calling him "President"?  Did that make you feel better, lol?  And if you want to see actual talent, come on out to Cardinal field, I believe there are 20 something guys on varsity, all of which have talent and class..................you might learn something from any one of them about friendship, talent and teamwork.  Oh, and by the way, it's just Matt Hicks and remember that name, you'll be hearing it for years to come I believe!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder