For those who went to the state tourney....

If you were able to watch all the games....What player (other than H-J) impressed you the most?

PG-22-Jordan Clarkson, 5A Wagner

F-34-Shawn Glover, 5A Cedar Hill

C-31-Evan Washington, 5A DeSoto

PG-23-Tim Frazier, 5A Strake Jesuit

F-3-David Kates, 4A Kimball

PG-0-Joseph Young, 4A Yates

PG-23-Brandon Peters, 4A Yates

PG-1-Kevin Wagner, 3A, Estacado

PG-31-Dominque Smith, 3A Madison

F-15-Jordan Scaff, 2A Shallowater

PG-11-Isaiah Boxell, 2A Ponder

PG-23-Jared Lane, 1A-II Slocum

PG-00-Seth Riddle, 1A-II Lipan

C-55-Caden Smith, 1A-I Roscoe

F-10-Tim Brock, 1A-I Plains

Guest nostradamus

#23 from Strake can flat out play!  Reminds me of Acie Law

Don't know how you leave off #5 from DeSoto....he single handedly won the state championship for them.  STUD!

Wagner does not look like much, but he is silky smooth. I also liked Morris from Shallowater. He is the coach's kid and finished with close to 15 points and 11 assists. Some of you may remember his older brother from a few years ago(now a reciever for Texas Tech). That kid was one of the best competitors I've seen at the tourney.

Guest spinks

My bad....5 Dominque Bennett-DeSoto...

Wagner struggled in the finals...Could have won the game but missed a front end of a 1-1 with :06 left.

He is a sophomore and played one of the most clutch quarters I have seen in person in the 4th quarter of the semi.  This kid will be GOOD!

Guest stevenash

My bad....5 Dominque Bennett-DeSoto...

Wagner struggled in the finals...Could have won the game but missed a front end of a 1-1 with :06 left.

He is a sophomore and played one of the most clutch quarters I have seen in person in the 4th quarter of the semi.  This kid will be GOOD!

Spinks- You are a dumb country bumpkin from SE Texas.  Remember, its a big world out there and you have not been in it like certain others have.  How can you say something good about a 3-a player especially one who has not yet been approved by "the chosen one"?

Brooks for SJ was probably the most talented player at the tourney, but he killed SJ with his out of control play. He was forcing way too much and not letting it come to him.

I agree with Nos, Frazier for SJ was the player of the tourney IMO. He was basically unstoppable. He did remind me of Acie Law.

Washington for Desoto had very good basketball skills for a blue chip OL-DL football player. I was impressed.

I think in time, Wagner of Estacado will be a very talked about player, still a bit young and makes mistakes due to his inexperience. I hope his lack of height doesn't hurt him. But he was the man down the stretch against HJ.

Jared Lane of Slocum was probably the best pure shooter at the tourney. I was told this by a friend, but had my doubts. After watching him, I agree.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami