THSBCA Poll (March 8th)

This makes me laugh when i read this Felts Statum and Peevey are all good player but after that its a big slip in talent wait till district wouldnt surprise me if they didnt finish second in district

Man you make yourself sound dumb when you talk. Think first then type.  ;)

and right or wrong have some respect and class because your making BC look arrogant which is not a good look.

This makes me laugh when i read this Felts Statum and Peevey are all good player but after that its a big slip in talent wait till district wouldnt surprise me if they didnt finish second in district

Have you seen OF play this year? This team is very solid top to bottom and all hitters 1-9 can make things happen at the plate and we have 5 very capable pitchers we can put on the mound any given night. And just for your information, I would be very happy with a second place finish in this district. Although we are shooting for a district title (and a state title for that matter) 2nd place isn't bad. I promise you we have a great deal of respect for the Bridge City program and tradition and you won't see any OF fans on here talking smack on the Cardinals. Why can't you do the same and just let it all play out?

P.S. I know this one poster does not represent the community of BC. There is great mutual respect between the two teams and communities.

yall cant talk smack on BC we Beat yall every year an this district in my opinion is the weakest its been in 3 or 4 years

Man just quit while your ahead.  ;)

p.s. Im from Bridge City and support the Cardinals but that doesn't mean i have to hate on everyone else. Like i said before think before you open your mouth.

Have you seen OF play this year? This team is very solid top to bottom and all hitters 1-9 can make things happen at the plate and we have 5 very capable pitchers we can put on the mound any given night. And just for your information, I would be very happy with a second place finish in this district. Although we are shooting for a district title (and a state title for that matter) 2nd place isn't bad. I promise you we have a great deal of respect for the Bridge City program and tradition and you won't see any OF fans on here talking smack on the Cardinals. Why can't you do the same and just let it all play out?

P.S. I know this one poster does not represent the community of BC. There is great mutual respect between the two teams and communities.

I have seen OF play and I don't think the BC team and coaches take them lightly.  I know most of these players personally and do not think the attitude 4life has is in any way represents the way they think of the OF team.  I know these guys always look forward to playing OF in all sports because of the closeness in our communities and they all have friends on the opposing team. 

And 4life....................you sound like certain HJ posters that get on here and make idiots of themselves and make other schools dislike them..........please don't do that to the students of BC that are on these teams and like to represent BC with dignity!  Do the talking on the field if you are a player!

Green uni's? That would be awesome!

Heard they dyed thier old white game pants lime green and bought some special dark green T-shirts with numbers along with dark green socks.  Should be a special night!  8)  All fans are asked to wear their green!  Word is Coach McKeller is dressing as a leprechaun and will introduce the starting lineups.  Irish music will be played in between innings and the Kirbyville cheerleaders will be wearing their Lucky Charms outfits and will be River Dancing during the 5th inning stretch!  Shaping up to be a special St. Patty's Day night!

orangefield over jasper or carthage? I dont think so.  They will make the playoffs because of a weak district but they wont be a contender. If jasper would have stayed south they would struggle for 3rd.  but its great that they are getting some press the young men deserve it.

Guest BC boy 17

orangefield over jasper or carthage? I dont think so.  They will make the playoffs because of a weak district but they wont be a contender. If jasper would have stayed south they would struggle for 3rd.  but its great that they are getting some press the young men deserve it.

What weak district? Orangefield has some good talent. They should have done a lot better last year but just needed some time to mature. From what I have seen in playing during the fall they will give BC all they want. I can assure you BC will not taken them or anyone else in the "weak" district lightly. Hamshire Fannet played BC a very strong game last year in BC. One dropped fly ball that gets caught and BC loses that game. Three schools easily ranked in the top 20. Then you throw in Hardin Jefferson and Silsbee that can easily be in the mix for one of the play-off spots when all is done. Let's see, that leaves out only one school, WOS. The new coach over there has already shown he is expecting more from the program and the players are responding. Don't be surprised when they turn a few heads this year.

This district is not any weaker than last year, just because Jasper moved North. A new year and new players. This district will make lots of noise in May. A very good chance to still have representatives playing in June. Maybe Jasper got the better deal getting out when they did.  :) :) :)

W    L            W    L    T

Carthage            1      0            6      4    1

Lufkin Hudson      1      0            7      5    1

Diboll                  1      0            7      1    0

Center                1      0            5      4    0

Central                0      1            7      4    0

Rusk                  0      1            6      5    0

Jasper                0      1            6      3    0

Huntington          0      1          3      6    0

Total wins =  43

W    L    T

Bridge City                  11    2    1

Orangefield                  10    2    0

Hamshire-Fannett          10    2    0

West Orange-Stark        6    6    0

Silsbee                        6    6    0

Hardin Jefferson            4    7    0

Total wins = 47

The rankings at the end of the year are the ones that count. I think most of the voters are unaware of preseason schedules, quality of tournaments, underclassmen pitchers developed during summer/fallball, lingering postfootball injuries, or basketball players just getting to baseball. Most early votes go to schools with a lot of returning starting pitching. We beat Livingston 7-2,beat Kirbyville 21-2,lost to Vidor and Dayton by 1 run each with a very ill catcher and lost the first district game to Carthage 2-1. Just be glad that we have some of the best baseball in the state to see in our area and enjoy the show. Any one that represents this region will be battle tested and ready to represent well. Sometimes your best can be shut down by one strong pitcher. One of Jasper's best all time teams ran into Homer Bailey and lost . During the state run Middlebrooks had to pitch the game before us  and we dodged another bullet to go to the finals.

??? poised for what.  The four strongest PROGRAMS in east texas BC, Carthage, Hudson, and Jasper.  These teams will be there every year.  You have to beat the big four before going to state.  So what are you poised for the first round of the playoffs or the state tourn..

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami