3A semis: No. 1 Dallas Madison vs. No. 5 Stafford/Madison Wins!!!!!

Guest spinks

3:30pm: No. 1 Dallas Madison (31-4) vs. No. 5 Stafford (30-5)

PICK: Madison (-4)

End 3Q: M 45-32....

3Q: M 43-32, 2:15

Half: Madison 33-18

2Q: Mad 23-16, 2:29

RUN AND GUN BABY...Most in the media section say this is the state championship game.

End 1Q: 14-14

Guess that is why yall are media..........sitting in a coaching section listening to coaches talke and 10 plus said man that sucks for HJ because they could handle Stafford!

This State Tournament was a lot different than in the past.  HJ looked really young compared to the other 3 teams.  All three of the other teams had big kids that not only were taller, but looked more physically developed!!!!!  Madison looked like a good JUCO team and Stafford and Estacado looked better than any other teams that I had seen.  Had I not known any better I would have thought that I was watching the 4A teams play.  I hope that Estacado wins Saturday, but I think it will be a great game for sure.

Guest spinks

Man Stafford is dang good!! They only lost to Jones by 10 earlier in the season.

We all know warm up games mean nothing.  HJ almost beat wheatley a few years back when they were top 5 in 4a and lost in their first playoff game to Jasper.  Warmups mean NOTHING AND I MEAN NOTHING.  HJ is just as good if not better than Stafford and Estacado is better than Stafford.  This is coming from coaches.  In fact their opinion is if Estacado shoots it better then they win Saturday!  We will see.  You media experts favored Silsbee as well.  We know what happened there.

In my humble opinion, and I am no "expert", but I believe Silsbee would have matched up well against Estacado and are very capable of beating that team. On the other hand, I am afraid that the Tigers would not have fared well against both Madison and Stafford. Silsbee would lose to both those teams in my opinion.

I think Madison is the best team out of the 4 here in Austin.

I hope we can find a way to get one more victory. It would've been nice to play the Hawks because it's been about 4 or 5 years since we last played H-J. The last time we played was a tournament game in Beaumont that we won 63-62 if memory serves correct.

Estacado looks like a really, really good team so it's going to take the best game of the year from the Trojans to pull it out. The Matadors have Coach Mobley's full attention and I'll be interested to see how he decides to play them Saturday morning.

I saw Madison play earlier in the regional tourney when they beat Argyle.  It was a heck of a game.  The thing that impressed me about Madison was they just found a way to win.  They shot lights out from outside when they needed it and scored before the end of each half.

I would not bet against them. Argyle had just beaten Kimball--who is playing in the 4A final and Madison still matched them step for step just out touching them at the buzzer.  All I know is that winners win and I think they will.

I hope we can find a way to get one more victory. It would've been nice to play the Hawks because it's been about 4 or 5 years since we last played H-J. The last time we played was a tournament game in Beaumont that we won 63-62 if memory serves correct.

Estacado looks like a really, really good team so it's going to take the best game of the year from the Trojans to pull it out. The Matadors have Coach Mobley's full attention and I'll be interested to see how he decides to play them Saturday morning.

That was at the YMBL tourney at Lamar University. 

That was at the YMBL tourney at Lamar University.   

I couldn't remember the initials for the tourney and I didn't want to put the wrong thing down...lol. I wish we still could travel down there to play in that one, but we can't travel down there anymore due to the cost of going down there. I think the fartherest away we got to go this year was up to Oklahoma for a tournament in Hugo.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont