Estacado on title hunt

Guest stevenash

i have to disagree with the fella who said that any of the 4 finalists in 3A could win the 4A tourney.

Why?  Do you know for a fact, ahead of time, that somebody is planning on forfeiting.  Didn't we just witness a team "who had no chance in h-ll make it to the regional final?

i have to disagree with the fella who said that any of the 4 finalists in 3A could win the 4A tourney.

Why?  Do you know for a fact, ahead of time, that somebody is planning on forfeiting.  Didn't we just witness a team "who had no chance in h-ll make it to the regional final?

Who was that?  ;)  By the way, now that all the hoopla is over and it hopefully will not be taken as an "excuse", Jasper played the last qualifying game against LaVega and the two tournament games without a second team all-district player Scott Middleton who was out with an injury.  He is only a soph so you never know, the Dogs may be back sometime in the future.

Who was that?   ;)  By the way, now that all the hoopla is over and it hopefully will not be taken as an "excuse", Jasper played the last qualifying game against LaVega and the two tournament games without a second team all-district player Scott Middleton who was out with an injury.  He is only a soph so you never know, the Dogs may be back sometime in the future.

Excuse. ::)

Who was that?   ;)  By the way, now that all the hoopla is over and it hopefully will not be taken as an "excuse", Jasper played the last qualifying game against LaVega and the two tournament games without a second team all-district player Scott Middleton who was out with an injury.  He is only a soph so you never know, the Dogs may be back sometime in the future.

Right.  Sounds EXACTLY like the one that Silsbee played on a little bit because a "key reserve" did not make the trip to Huntsville.  You walked right into that one.  ;D

Guest stevenash

Looks to me like the Jasper program is definitely on the upswing.  Is it true that some of the players who played in that regional final with meaningful playing time were on the jv only 3 or 4 weeks ago?  Also, will Spikes and Bailey both graduate this year?

Looks to me like the Jasper program is definitely on the upswing.  Is it true that some of the players who played in that regional final with meaningful playing time were on the jv only 3 or 4 weeks ago?  Also, will Spikes and Bailey both graduate this year?

You can rest easy, Spikes and Bailey both graduate this year.  And yes several of the players played who were on the JV only a few weeks ago.  I had never even seen number 55 I think it was before the LaVega game and he got some serious minutes.

Right.  Sounds EXACTLY like the one that Silsbee played on a little bit because a "key reserve" did not make the trip to Huntsville.  You walked right into that one.   ;D

Hey, I never said mine wasn't an excuse. You were trying to say your's wasn't.

Besides, I was asked why a certain player did not make the trip. I did not post the info to make an excuse.

Right.  Sounds EXACTLY like the one that Silsbee played on a little bit because a "key reserve" did not make the trip to Huntsville.  You walked right into that one.   ;D

Besides, I was asked why a certain player did not make the trip. I did not post the info to make an excuse.

We don't need excuses.  Jasper won the game.  :)

We don't need excuses.  Jasper won the game.   :)

Not in the game that you were using an excuse for. Isn't that what we are talking about, using excuses in losses.

You seem to be getting senile with every post. ::)

Not in the game that you were using an excuse for. Isn't that what we are talking about, using excuses in losses.

No, it is what YOU are talking about.  And you seem to be getting more dis-respectful with every post.  I said that I hoped it would not be taken as an excuse because I did not mean it that way but you jumped all over it anyway.  Okay, it WAS an excuse.  I will clarify my statement if I mis-spoke in my senility.  If Jasper had had Middleton playing, Jasper would have beaten Silsbee by twenty or more. ;D ........

I have no issue with HJ, the game outcome or its fans.  They are very good folks and I wish them the very best at state.

No, it is what YOU are talking about.  And you seem to be getting more dis-respectful with every post.  I said that I hoped it would not be taken as an excuse because I did not mean it that way but you jumped all over it anyway.  Okay, it WAS an excuse.  I will clarify my statement if I mis-spoke in my senility.  If Jasper had had Middleton playing, Jasper would have beaten Silsbee by twenty or more. ;D ........

I have no issue with HJ, the game outcome or its fans.  They are very good folks and I wish them the very best at state.

Then what was the point of posting it if you did not feel that way? In your mind you felt that it could be an excuse but you try to cover your tracks by giving your post a disclaimer.

I posted in the Silsbee/Jasper game thread about the Silsbee player not being there because a HJ fan had heard that a certain player for Silsbee wasn't there and he asked me who it was and why he wasn't there. No excuses were made.

You posted first using the word "excuse" in this thread, not me. I just called you on it, that's all.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont