BISD Shakeups

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DickVitale

Going from Silsbee to Central is at best a lateral move and likely a regression IMO!!!!!!!

I agree....

Everyone already knows who I am!!!!!!!  My source is a BISD board member and it will be confirmed shortly that a BISD Head Basketball Coach will not be back for the 09-10 season!!!!

Who are you? hit me on PM if you must...a board member has been trying to get TWO OF THE THREE BISD coaches fired for years!! I worked in BISD, and happen to know how they operate as far as that goes...Team loses in playoffs, they grumble with fans, declare those guys FIRED, then Dr. Thomas and/or the AD shuts it all down, and life goes on....Really...a board member? That means NOTHING...If it came from DOC or Rodney Savaet, then you may have something.

Guest DickVitale

::)...Lazeek?? Man!! I should have read the HJ credentials at the bottom and KNOWN that....OK..spit it out, man...whats going on? which school? Really...if it came from a board member, I think I KNOW exactly who it is, and thats every year...

First of all DickieV because I said I don't go to Central games anymore was a decision I base on the fact that I spoke with Calvin Rice personally when he took over the jaguars head coaching job and is not on what I heard from other other people but what he in fact he stated to me when I ask him a question on the team.  I wrote to you in a personal email on what Mr. Rice say to me and  now that you on here telling me about my job I am doing very well thank you. I'm a Computer Engineer for Baker Hughes Corp. here in houston. I cancelled my season tickets in 2003 when I was introduce to Mr. Rice and the gentlemen that introduce us informed him that I was a season ticket holder for Central and when I ask him  about the team and how they looking and going to perform in the upcoming season he point blank told that and I quote " Those N....... could not beat their way out of a wet brown paper bag" in which I reported it to BISD and also then cancelled my season tickets. It doesn't take a brain scientist to see that he was not one for the program and in fact his seven years at the school has proved that, and because a word is misspelled doesn't mean I do not know the difference. Its not like he hasn't been given a chance to improve a system that was excelling before he got there. I may not live there anymore but that doesn't mean I have know idea was going on. Sure there are things you may know and there are also plenty of things you do not know and its looks like you don't know a bad situation when you see it. Its my choice to feel that someone it not good for a school system and he's not whether you like it or not. Maybe someone need to review your credentials.

First of all DickieV because I said I don't go to Central games anymore was a decision I base on the fact that I spoke with Calvin Rice personally when he took over the jaguars head coaching job and is not on what I heard from other other people but what he in fact he stated to me when I ask him a question on the team.  I wrote to you in a personal email on what Mr. Rice say to me and  now that you on here telling me about my job I am doing very well thank you. I'm a Computer Engineer for Baker Hughes Corp. here in houston. I cancelled my season tickets in 2003 when I was introduce to Mr. Rice and the gentlemen that introduce us informed him that I was a season ticket holder for Central and when I ask him  about the team and how they looking and going to perform in the upcoming season he point blank told that and I quote " Those N....... could not beat their way out of a wet brown paper bag" in which I reported it to BISD and also then cancelled my season tickets. It doesn't take a brain scientist to see that he was not one for the program and in fact his seven years at the school has proved that, and because a word is misspelled doesn't mean I do not know the difference. Its not like he hasn't been given a chance to improve a system that was excelling before he got there. I may not live there anymore but that doesn't mean I have know idea was going on. Sure there are things you may know and there are also plenty of things you do not know and its looks like you don't know a bad situation when you see it. Its my choice to feel that someone it not good for a school system and he's not whether you like it or not. Maybe someone need to review your credentials.

he called them nitwits? :o

Going from Silsbee to Central is at best a lateral move and likely a regression IMO!!!!!!!

:o :o  What does that mean?!

it means he'd be going from a team that is capable of winning state in any given year to a team that struggles to get out of the first round of the playoffs.  it's no knock on central, just pointing out that he'd be moving from a guaranteed great team to a team where he'd probably have to work  harder for lesser results.  (not to mention the fact that silsbee is already built for another deep playoff run next year)

it means he'd be going from a team that is capable of winning state in any given year to a team that struggles to get out of the first round of the playoffs.  it's no knock on central, just pointing out that he'd be moving from a guaranteed great team to a team where he'd probably have to work  harder for lesser results.  (not to mention the fact that silsbee is already built for another deep playoff run next year)

We have good talented 'athletic' kids almost every year.  I think a coach like Williams would love to have the steady flow of quality talent that Central produces.  No knock on 3a, but 4a playoff basketball is a totaly different animal than 3a playoff basketball.  You won't see the Yates', the Jones', or Wheatley's in 3a.  I know Williams is a good coach.  Surely, he wouldn't be trying to avoid the competition...I hope not.

It means what I typed..............Silsbee is likely a better job, more athletes, more tradition and more recent success!!!!!  Why would he leave Silsbee for Central...........now Ozen on the other hand???

It means what I typed..............Silsbee is likely a better job, more athletes, more tradition and more recent success!!!!!  Why would he leave Silsbee for Central...........now Ozen on the other hand???

Kenny!!!! shh-hhhhhhh!!!!!!!!  :-X :-X :-X

Guest spinks

The real question is when is Sutherland or Williams leaving for Hamshire because they dang sure know that they don't have a chance against HF in 2012? I wonder if either of the schools will let them leave for just the 2012 season and then come back so they don't have to coach against that team??????????? ;D ;D ;D

The real question is when is Sutherland or Williams leaving for Hamshire because they dang sure know that they don't have a chance against HF in 2012? I wonder if either of the schools will let them leave for just the 2012 season and then come back so they don't have to coach against that team??????????? ;D ;D ;D

Time is definitely running out for Hardin-Jefferson. The boys start h.s. this Fal semester.I think Sutherland has earned the right to a 2-4 year leave of absence until the graduating class of 2015.

Guest spinks

Time is definitely running out for Hardin-Jefferson. The boys start h.s. this Fal semester.I think Sutherland has earned the right to a 2-4 year leave of absence until the graduating class of 2015.

Word has it he is looking in to it.

::) ::) ::) ::)  ....  Please tell me who is the judge of 'the better job'. and please tell me since when did Silsbee had better athletes and tradition than Central.  ::) ::)

::) ::) ::) ::)  ....  Please tell me who is the judge of 'the better job'. and please tell me since when did Silsbee had better athletes and tradition than Central.   ::) ::)

Robert, I don't know about the better athletes, but Silsbee's basketball tradition is better than Central's. I realize that Central has not been a school as long as Silsbee, but the schools that combined to make Central, French and BCP, weren't the most tradition rich basketball programs around. BCP did have some good years, but they never made it to Austin.

Guest spinks

::) ::) ::) ::)  ....  Please tell me who is the judge of 'the better job'. and please tell me since when did Silsbee had better athletes and tradition than Central.   ::) ::)

Robert, I don't know about the better athletes, but Silsbee's basketball tradition is better than Central's. I realize that Central has not been a school as long as Silsbee, but the schools that combined to make Central, French and BCP, weren't the most tradition rich basketball programs around. BCP did have some good years, but they never made it to Austin.

Central is a 2nd rate 4A job.  Most if not all coaches would rather have a 1st rate 3A job because when you win you can likely go get a better 4A job than central

Guest DickVitale

Silsbee is a better job than Central...Hands down..Better talent pool for 3A, better facilities, better support...It would be a foolish move to leave Silsbee to go to Central...ONLY if more $$$$ was involved, and if for that, it would have to be substantial or life changing different. Now Ozen.....Thats an entirely different story! ;)

Guest spinks

Silsbee is a better job than Central...Hands down..Better talent pool for 3A, better facilities, better support...It would be a foolish move to leave Silsbee to go to Central...ONLY if more $$$$ was involved, and if for that, it would have to be substantial or life changing different. Now Ozen.....Thats an entirely different story! ;)

agree with EVERYTHING you said dickie v.  See we can agree.

I do admit that Silsbee have had a great season THIS season.  But besides that, since Silsbee have moved down to 3a from 4a, what have they done?  Better Facilities?  So Facilities make the better job?  I admit.  Silsbee does have a nice Gym as I have been in there when Silsbee used to battle in 4a.  Heck, PN-G have a nice gym too.  So I guess that is a better job? 

What I am saying, IMO, Central have on average year in and year out, better athletes and face tougher playoff competition than Silsbee.  You can excel on a 3a team.  That good and dandy, but if you can come to Central and excel and make a deep playoff run with those great houston teams, that saying something and will probably set you up with a great 5a gig. 

I do admit that Silsbee have had a great season THIS season.  But besides that, since Silsbee have moved down to 3a from 4a, what have they done?   Better Facilities?  So Facilities make the better job?  I admit.  Silsbee does have a nice Gym as I have been in there when Silsbee used to battle in 4a.  Heck, PN-G have a nice gym too.  So I guess that is a better job? 

What I am saying, IMO, Central have on average year in and year out, better athletes and face tougher playoff competition than Silsbee.  You can excel on a 3a team.  That good and dandy, but if you can come to Central and excel and make a deep playoff run with those great houston teams, that saying something and will probably set you up with a great 5a gig. 

Well, since you asked, way more than what Central has done in 4A. In the 5 years that Silsbee has been in 3A, they have reached the regional tourney 4 out of those 5 years. Three times to the regional finals and a trip to Austin. Other than this year when they were upset by Jasper in the regional semis, those first 4 years the regional winner had to go through Silsbee. The last 2 years, not counting this year, they were knocked out by the eventual state champion, '07 to HJ in regional finals, '08 to Kennedale in state semifinals.

So, it hasn't just been this season that the Tigers have had success here of late. Yes, 4A playoffs are tough, but give us another 600 kids to choose from on top of the 800 we have now, and I am quite sure we can do just as well or even better than what Central has done lately.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami