HJ vs. Hudson Predictions?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think that hj is going to win this game but could you tell me one thing?. . .i am not a coach by any means but how do the hawks sit on the ball with 3 mins. left in the game and no lead? that is not like sutherland at all! i played on the 2007 team and we never sat on the ball to get there and the hawks are not going to make it if they keep playing like that. you lay to win the game. so could anyone tell me why all of the sudden he is playing like that.

uhhh, HJ "sat on the ball" in the state championship game with FIVE MINUTES left, they "sat on the ball" in the semi-final game with FOUR MINUTES LEFT.

secondly, HJ was trying to spread the floor to create scoring lanes last night, they were not stalling.

it was a great win and yess it is the coaches call. and for the record we never sat on the ball in 07. we went for the kill every game. they are playing great ball right now and deserve all they are getting. they are not gettin anything handed to them at all. the refs. suck in every game and they have to deal with that also so my hat goes off to the team.(they deserve to get another ring)

Guest hjlonghorn

HJ by 4. They did have trouble matching up with a few players for Lufkin but that was also at the very beginning of the year. Hopefully HJ can come out with a W.

it was a great win and yess it is the coaches call. and for the record we never sat on the ball in 07. we went for the kill every game. they are playing great ball right now and deserve all they are getting. they are not gettin anything handed to them at all. the refs. suck in every game and they have to deal with that also so my hat goes off to the team.(they deserve to get another ring)

I beg to differ............actually you were on the bench at crunch time two years ago so you are correct in saying that you never sat on the ball!!!!!!!!!  The starters did!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Here is a suggestion - if you have some questions/advise to give Todd, why do you not just go talk to him,you obviously know where his office is? I am certain that he would appreciate your input and your steadfast loyalty and support!!!

Here is a suggestion - if you have some questions/advise to give Todd, why do you not just go talk to him,you obviously know where his office is? I am certain that he would appreciate your input and your steadfast loyalty and support!!!

Sensitive aren't we.

Both teams have improved drastically and I think this one is in the coaches hands.  Not that any other game is not, but Sutherland and staff are some of the best.  Obviously the Hudson coach is very good also especially since a HJ fan and parent went up to him after the game at HJ and said that I wish my son played for you!!!!!!

If HJ can keep the Big 5 (yes I said Big 5) on the floor then I think that HJ wins this one.

If HJ can reduce the number of wild drives that they make into double and triple teams, i like there chances against pretty much anyone.  gustafson, burrell, and benard all played big roles in the hawks win last night, but they still probably missed fifteen wild, flailing layups between them.  when they make an extra pass or two, as they also did about fifteen times last night, they pick defenses apart and get wide open layups instead of stumbling double pump reverses. 

If HJ can reduce the number of wild drives that they make into double and triple teams, i like there chances against pretty much anyone.  gustafson, burrell, and benard all played big roles in the hawks win last night, but they still probably missed fifteen wild, flailing layups between them.  when they make an extra pass or two, as they also did about fifteen times last night, they pick defenses apart and get wide open layups instead of stumbling double pump reverses. 

i agree with this... but you have to admit.. those refs last night wouldnt give trey a break.. he was getting hacked inside all night, and even got knocked down to the floor a few times and couldnt get ANY calls..

i agree, Trey was getting pounded, but... if they aren't calling the contact, quit trying to force the ball in and trying to draw it.  gustafson and benard also missed layups where it appeared they were fouled, but the refs are a lot more likely to call it if the player making the drive is under control, and not careening wildly through the lane.

i agree, Trey was getting pounded, but... if they aren't calling the contact, quit trying to force the ball in and trying to draw it.  gustafson and benard also missed layups where it appeared they were fouled, but the refs are a lot more likely to call it if the player making the drive is under control, and not careening wildly through the lane.

True.. but i honestly think those refs was refusing to call a foul on trey especially cuz he had argued a call earlier and i think the refs remembered that and used it against him throughout the gamee...

True.. but i honestly think those refs was refusing to call a foul on trey especially cuz he had argued a call earlier and i think the refs remembered that and used it against him throughout the gamee...

Learn a lesson?

Learn a lesson?

im sure he did.. i tlked to him at school today and was really frustrated cuz it appeared everyone else could get a call BUT him.. and i think thats the reason..

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83