*Kountze vs. New Waverly Updates...NW Wins!!*

congrats boys on a good year no one expected you boys to make it this far.  some said you wouldnt make the playoffs.  some had you not making it past the first round and here you were 5 points and 2 more games from state great year.  I really enjoyed watching you boys play and to the seniors good luck in your future

Congrats to both team!!!! New Waverly, represent that Region 3.  Yall beat a very good team tonight and tonight yall were the best team.  Kountze, nothing to hang your heads down about.  You have kept the tradition going.  Everyone still know that the road to the 'ship goes through Kountze!  To all the seniors on the team, thank you for all you have done for the town Kountze, your community, and your school.  The fans of Kountze are very proud of you.  As for New Waverly, keep bringing the excitement.  Nothing is guaranteed, but from what i heard, your drive to play your heart out is.  Good luck the rest of the way.

One word....FREE THROWS! We make those we win the game. Period! To my dismay, NW was a very UNDISCIPLINED team. At one point in the game they were turning around during a TO and talking noise to some Kountze fans, all this while the coach was talking. Will post more later or in the morning...kinda hard posting from my phone.

One word....FREE THROWS! We make those we win the game. Period! To my dismay, NW was a very UNDISCIPLINED team. At one point in the game they were turning around during a TO and talking noise to some Kountze fans, all this while the coach was talking. Will post more later or in the morning...kinda hard posting from my phone.

I was at the game,tell u more in the morning.

thats TWO words... haha jk man... Great season kountze, ya'll made a good run... best of luck next year

thats TWO words... haha jk man... Great season kountze, ya'll made a good run... best of luck next year

Yea I saw that after i posted it, but couldn't correct it from my phone...lol... off to bed.

Great job Lions! So just fast forward a bit to next year. Can anyone who seen Kountze alot this year tell me how much were losing, who will be back, and any good freshman coming up?? I only been to a couple of games this years and the only person I know coming back is Roman.

Are you serious khsalum!!!!!  You call those boys UNDISCIPLINED when some beligerent, drunk Kountze fan follows them to the locker room and then is standing over their huddle talking noise constantly.  You must have been acting stupid with him because I know if you saw NW boys turned around, you heard him constantly harassing them.  You obviously condone that type behavior.  You had to find something though.  Just give the dogs credit.  Both teams played hard and looked disciplined to me.

Are you serious khsalum!!!!!  You call those boys UNDISCIPLINED when some beligerent, drunk Kountze fan follows them to the locker room and then is standing over their huddle talking noise constantly.  You must have been acting stupid with him because I know if you saw NW boys turned around, you heard him constantly harassing them.  You obviously condone that type behavior.  You had to find something though.  Just give the dogs credit.  Both teams played hard and looked disciplined to me.

I dont no if he was drunk or not,but he was standing over their team harassing them.

First, let me give the Dawgs credit on a great win last night. Secondly, I'll also clear the air with what you and I may call undisciplined. Yes, I saw the Kountze fan talking noise to the players constantly, but at no point did I see him stand over their huddle. Both teams just so happened to be seated on Kountze's side of the gym. While I called undisciplined was the way the players were "yapping" back at the guy during a timeout their coach called. Any coach would quickly get his players focused back on the game instead a some guy in the stands. New Waverly is a GREAT team and from what I saw last night, they SHOULD win the State Championshp, but all I said was I felt they were undisciplined. My opinion!

Now to the game. As I said in an earlier post, we lost the game at the free throw line. We missed ours, NW made theirs. We had more opportunities at the line and did not capitalize. NW had a few large leads in the game of 7-8 pts, and we continued to fight back. Our largest lead was only 3 in which we led 31-28 at the half. NW came out in the 3rd quarter, took the lead, and never let it go, as we could only cut it down to no less than 3 as I remember the score being 50-53 at one point. Hats off to both teams on a great game. Good luck New Waverly, and to the Lion team. Let's continue to get bigger, stronger, and faster. You over-achieved this year.

Former Lazeek.....

Did you notice that no basketball banners/championships are hanging?

No only the scorers table had the Volleyball and Basketball State Championships on it................the wall behind the north goal needs something on it.

Former Lazeek.....

Did you notice that no basketball banners/championships are hanging?

;D We'll get 'em in there Coop. I don't know if they're duplicating the ones from the old gym or bringing them over.

Well said KHS.  I think Coach G might have said a few words with the guy himself.  And his players may have just followed suit.  But If you know "G" and have watched our Dogs, one thing they are not is undisciplined.  He runs a very tight ship from HS to the JH.  But he is very aggressive and as you can see his boys follow close behind..  It was a great game though, I thought your boys did a heck of a job.  That 25 can flat out play.  Sad part is we'll probably have to do this again next year, that should be a regional match-up!!  How many starters you guys have back?

We only loose 2 outta 5 starters this year.. Good freshman group coming up I think. Also we need to make FREE THROWS!!! We had to have been like 3 for 20 from the line!!  If we wouldve made free throws we wouldve won... For a #1 ranking in tha state I wasnt that impressed, But congrats on the win Dawgs and good luck at regionals:)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder