HOW BIG ARE STEROIDS IN H.S.

JUST WANTING TO SEE WHAT EVERYONES OPINION IS COMPARED TO WHAT I HAVE HEARD.

Statistically, I woulndn't even hazard a guess, but I would think it's alot more than anyone would care to admit.

What are your thoughts BCBB.

Eagle suggested maybe about 10%.  That's about 10% too much IMO.  But as competitive as HS sports are and the potential benefits of performing well to attain the next level, it wouldn't surprise me at all.

It's a SAD statement...but one that I don't think is going away anytime soon.

I am curious just how "random" those random tests are.  Will a school REALLY test a star athlete and have the risk of him/her failing the test?? I don't think so. Maybe sweeping a postive result under the carpet?? I do think so.  Just my opinion.

I've heard of parents taking their kids to get growth hormone shots. But no personal proof.

Not surprising at all...some parents will go to ANY lenghts to have their kid get the edge...whether it's          right or wrong.  It seems they fail to realize (or just don't think it's that important) what the negative health effects in the long term will be...just as long as junior gets the advantage.

I saw a story on CNN this morning where they inteviewed various athletes and how they noticed how stronger their bodies became. A female track star begin to notice the pain in her broken foot went away. Another minor league baseball player began to pitch harder and was called up the majors.

I saw a story on CNN this morning where they inteviewed various athletes and how they noticed how stronger their bodies became. A female track star begin to notice the pain in her broken foot went away. Another minor league baseball player began to pitch harder and was called up the majors.

The pain in her foot went away but she also noticed that she was shaving alot more than usual. She has beautiful sideburns now!!  ;D

The pain in her foot went away but she also noticed that she was shaving alot more than usual. She has beautiful sideburns now!!  ;D

Now that you mention it, I did see hair growing between her teeth :)

A concerned paret sould not wait for their child to be randomly tested.Take it upon yourself to look for the signs and then take care of the situation.I would say ten percent is high.

I think some of the problem is with the parents. Are coaches stupid enough to lose their jobs by dispensing drugs?

Now that you mention it, I did see hair growing between her teeth :)

Uuuhhh..I dont think it was GROWING  Dove. ;D

WELL YANKEE HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS. THE THING THAT JUST GETS ME IS WHEN I HEAR OF HOW THIS PLAYER OR THAT PLAYER IS THE NEW UP AND COMMING STAR AND THEY GET TALKED UP ON THIS SIGHT OR JUST PEOPLE IN GENERAL AND YOU KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE HEARD ABOUT THEM. (NOT SAYING ITS TRUE EITHER JUST WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING ) I KNOW THERE JUST KIDS BUT IT JUST SEEMS SO UNFAIR TO THE OTHER PLAYERS. AND NO I HAVE NO ONE PLAYING SO I AM NOT A JEALOUS DAD JUST TRYING TO COMPLAIN.

I would guess that not many parents encourage drug use(even steroids)   It's easy enough for the kids to get them on their own.

I guess in my mind I keep going back to the parent who told me they were keeping their kid back so that they could be one of the stronger baseball players in his age group. I'm guessing some parents will try anything.

From my experience I have learned that at each different school there are quite a few or virtually none.  From what I can tell there is not much middle ground.  An athletic program is very clean or very dirty.

Rampant steroid use does not usually occur until after graduation from high school.  It is much more prevalent in the colleges.

I hate to say this but I knew at least 20 kids from various schools that were doing them in 1991... That was the ones I was sure of...  Every year I hear of 10 or so kids that are taking this stuff...I coached a group of 13 year olds and followed them until the were in High School and I always had the inside scoop of who was taking them all over the golden triangle and it was obvious......Dont be Neive they are doing it even more these days.  Think about it!!!  How can a kid that weighs 170lbs and a metabolism as fast as a rocket gain 10 or 15lbs of muscle in a year when they run everyday, lift a little bit(two or three times a week for 35 minutes), and eat junk like most kids do these days... Listen a body builder has a hard time putting on 15lbs of muscle with steroids and a slower metabolism and he eats perfect... Its out there everywhere and the kids dont realize what they are doing to themselves and any parent the feeds it to their kids is a fool.... Ive been around it all my life!!  My dad was a very successful bodybuilder in this area and took everything under the sun, but he wouldnt dare feed me the stuff especially in high school...  Thats my 2 cents!!!

I hate to say this but I knew at least 20 kids from various schools that were doing them in 1991... That was the ones I was sure of...  Every year I hear of 10 or so kids that are taking this stuff...I coached a group of 13 year olds and followed them until the were in High School and I always had the inside scoop of who was taking them all over the golden triangle and it was obvious......Dont be Neive they are doing it even more these days.  Think about it!!!  How can a kid that weighs 170lbs and a metabolism as fast as a rocket gain 10 or 15lbs of muscle in a year when they run everyday, lift a little bit(two or three times a week for 35 minutes), and eat junk like most kids do these days... Listen a body builder has a hard time putting on 15lbs of muscle with steroids and a slower metabolism and he eats perfect... Its out there everywhere and the kids dont realize what they are doing to themselves and any parent the feeds it to their kids is a fool.... Ive been around it all my life!!  My dad was a very successful bodybuilder in this area and took everything under the sun, but he wouldnt dare feed me the stuff especially in high school...  Thats my 2 cents!!!

Your right. I knew one whos fastball increased 10 mph over the summer months.

I doubt if anyone can name more than maybr 2 or 3 that they are absolutely  know used in high school. I am not saying that there are not that many it just seem to me that people jump to conclusions really quick.If a kid hears a parent talking about someone they may think is using(especially dads around the field talking)he too will start spreading this rumor before anyone has facts.Be careful what you say, it may be your kid the rumors fly about next time.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami