Who wins the Big 12?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the Big 12?

• Baylor
    • Texas
    • TAMU
    • Oklahoma
    • OSU

The Longhorns look especially strong this year. I had the opportunity to make it out for their double-header against Penn St. and man did they play some ball!  I opted not to go to the Sunday series finale and the kid throws a no-hitter!  Baseball America was sure impressed after last week. 

I think Baylor and Okie-lite are the next best two outside of Texas. Pitching will be big. I saw one mean curveball from a UT right-hander. Reminded me of Kevin McDonald from Silsbee.

You better not overlook the Ags. We are pretty strong, plus we are the defending Big XII champs...

Horns are off to a 10-0 start...coach Guarido has really built a steady dynasty thats always a threat to win it all, even if he is an alkie. But all DUI jokes aside...the guy can coach.

LOL

Horns are off to a 10-0 start...coach Guarido has really built a steady dynasty thats always a threat to win it all, even if he is an alkie. But all DUI jokes aside...the guy can coach.

LOL

and i meant every word haha.

but seriously....dont leave nebraska or mizzou out of the picture even if they are unranked....nebraska has always been a good baseball school. im still pretty fixed on texas winning it all...but dont count out the other 6 programs that have a fighting chance...3 of which have pretty good chances. (a&m, baylor, ou)

Texas swept A&M in conference last year and then beat them in the Big 12 tournament. So Texas was 4-0 against the Aggies last season.  And the Longhorns also won the Big12 Tournament title.  I see Texas winning the conference.  With Ruffin, Wood and Workman all back and all off to great starts on the mound, Texas will be tough to beat.  Brandon Belt, David Hernandez and Cameron Rupp are all back as well and off to good starts at the plate. A&M has some good pitching, but I don't see them winning the conference.  Texas also has 2 of the 3 conference games against A&M at the Disch!!

^

but wins in conference do nothing for you except give you a spot in the conference tournament (I realize you have to win enough games to even make it) and bragging rights. It really matters in the tournament begins...So tu can have the games at disch, I'd rather take it in the post season.

Texas swept A&M in conference last year and then beat them in the Big 12 tournament. So Texas was 4-0 against the Aggies last season.  And the Longhorns also won the Big12 Tournament title.  I see Texas winning the conference.  With Ruffin, Wood and Workman all back and all off to great starts on the mound, Texas will be tough to beat.  Brandon Belt, David Hernandez and Cameron Rupp are all back as well and off to good starts at the plate. A&M has some good pitching, but I don't see them winning the conference.  Texas also has 2 of the 3 conference games against A&M at the Disch!!

That's a mild understatement!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami