Players Already Committed?

HJ-Sport

has anybody ever wondered what happend to ryan donahoe? last time i heard he was offered the starting point guard position from some college but never showed up after the break..... and just a few days ago he was saying that Rice University was askn him to come try out. One things for sure he has got alot better in basketball after he recovered from his knee surgery

Ryan was a good kid and a great player.I don't know anything about his academics but Rice is a tough place to get in to.I know SFA was ready to sign him out of high school but he got some incredibly bad advice from some AAU folks.I don't think he ever played at Navarro, I hope he gets things worked out,he definitely had the skill to play college ball.

Ryan was a good kid and a great player.I don't know anything about his academics but Rice is a tough place to get in to.I know SFA was ready to sign him out of high school but he got some incredibly bad advice from some AAU folks.I don't think he ever played at Navarro, I hope he gets things worked out,he definitely had the skill to play college ball.

The advice he was receiving has nothing to do with him NOT playing college ball at this time. And while we are on the subject ,I have a question. What players from the local 3-A schools have received scholarships from major D-1 schools, past and present? I was at TCU last month on some basketball business and saw one kid playing for TCU from Hardin-Jefferson.

I think it had ALOT to do with him not playing at this time.There was an offer from SFA on the table at the end of the season.I think he would be playing now had he accepted that offer.I know he played almost his entire senior season on a bad knee.I watched him at the state tournament,where he refused to let his club lose.I hope he signs and plays at the D-1 level,the kid has a ton of talent.

There is someone from Southlake, but not Sour Lake.

Oooop!!! You're right! Then this begs to further ask the qauestion: Why is it that there aren't any 3-A  players playing major D-1 basketball? Is it that these kids are good at the high school level in their respective divisions and lack the skills to play major D-1?

Guest stevenash

I think it had ALOT to do with him not playing at this time.There was an offer from SFA on the table at the end of the season.I think he would be playing now had he accepted that offer.I know he played almost his entire senior season on a bad knee.I watched him at the state tournament,where he refused to let his club lose.I hope he signs and plays at the D-1 level,the kid has a ton of talent.

The SFA coach, when he made the offer, said Donahoe was better than any guard he currently had on his roster.

There is someone from Southlake, but not Sour Lake.

Oooop!!! You're right! Then this begs to further ask the qauestion: Why is it that there aren't any 3-A  players playing major D-1 basketball? Is it that these kids are good at the high school level in their respective divisions and lack the skills to play major D-1?

my personal opinion on this... a 4A school with 1500 kids, or a 5A school with 4000 kids, is more likely just by sheer numbers of students to have a D1 quality player on it's roster due to the mucher larger pool of players they have to choose from.  a 3A school, even a good one, is simply less likely to produce a D1 player.  on top of that, those 3A players who ARE good enough to play get less exposure than those in bigger classifications.  also, if a coach has to choose between two closely matched players, it would make sense for him to go with a player who's in a higher classification, as that player GENERALLY has more experience playing against bigger, better teams, which will have better prepared him for D1 opponents. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124