PNG Football

mjones830

This goes out to the PNG faithful, which Indians team is considered your all time #1 team.  It does not necessarily have to be a State Champion Team.  My personal favorite is the 1977 Indians.  Even thought they lost to Plano in the final.  I believe that game still holds the record for largest crowd. I cannot remember, but was Doug Etheridge the Coach?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, Ethridge was the coach.

This goes out to the PNG faithful, which Indians team is considered your all time #1 team.  It does not necessarily have to be a State Champion Team.  My personal favorite is the 1977 Indians.  Even thought they lost to Plano in the final.  I believe that game still holds the record for largest crowd. I cannot remember, but was Doug Etheridge the Coach?

Letting Malone get away was a little curious to me. 

Danny Malones 1989 Indians was probably my favorite. They were a very fun team to watch, and played with a lot of emotion. I also think the 1996 Indian team was as talented as any. Coaching let them down in the Jacksonville playoff game.

This is a little off the subject, and didn't want to start a new "PNG" thread, but wanted to share a pic of our new scoreboard.  It's GREAT, and the PNG faithful have a LOT to be proud of!

pngscoreboard1.jpg

NICE!  I'm surprised the neighbors don't sue the school for blocking their sunlight!  ;D

This is a little off the subject, and didn't want to start a new "PNG" thread, but wanted to share a pic of our new scoreboard.  It's GREAT, and the PNG faithful have a LOT to be proud of!

pngscoreboard1.jpg

NICE!   I'm surprised the neighbors don't sue the school for blocking their sunlight!   ;D

I was at the PNG stadium this past weekend and wow, it was like a college setting. The football field, stands, scoreboard and the press box was awesome.  Great job PNG.

Very nice , to bad you need a respirator when you go see a game.

More jealousy I see.   Man, this stuff never ends!

No jealousy just a fact , its ashame it couldnt be built somewhere other than the tank farm.

No jealousy just a fact , its ashame it couldnt be built somewhere other than the tank farm.

The PNG press box would possibly be the highest structure in Jefferson County in it was not sitting next to one of them refinery towers.  Of course I’m exaggerating; it is a very nice stadium.  I just hope that the refineries in the area are helping yall pay for it.

Not a fact! I happen to know first hand that the emissions from the local facilities are virtually non-existant. The TCEQ air quality regulations and engineered solutions to reduce emissions over the last 10 years have been incredible. Both of the facilities nearest to the stadium are under 24-7 monitoring in the parts per billion range and both have spent millions on environmental projects and procedures to reduce emissions.

When was the last time you went to a game at the Res??

What school do you support?

Not a fact! I happen to know first hand that the emissions from the local facilities are virtually non-existant. The TCEQ air quality regulations and engineered solutions to reduce emissions over the last 10 years have been incredible. Both of the facilities nearest to the stadium are under 24-7 monitoring in the parts per billion range and both have spent millions on environmental projects and procedures to reduce emissions.

I was there in '06 and didn't smell a thing.

Yea you keep believing that! Dont take it personel I think it is a great stadium it wouldnt be so nice without the plants. We're a victim of our enviroment.

I happen to work at one of those facilities so I do know first hand what all has been done to clean up the air and I also know what systems are in place to keep it clean!

The air at the Reservation is no worse then the air at Nederlands stadium or Memorials or WOS. Is it worse than the air at Ausitn area Hs stadiums? Sure. but to single out the Reservation within our area is bunk!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ssiaa
    Newest Member
    ssiaa