SVOBODA IS PERFECT !

BudTugley

Why is he going to San Jac and not DI? I know the draft is a possibility too.

Great accomplishment. From all I have heard about Svoboda I figured he was headed DI.

IMO JUCO is the way to go especially for pitchers.

some reasons:

lost in the crowd at a big school, JUCO can pay more, and most that go D-1 will ride the pine for two years, San Jac and Angelina are two of the top baseball schools anywhere

I was not bashing in any way. Trust me I know how good San Jac and Angelina are. I was just curious. Being in Orange all the time, I just never get to hear much about players in Beaumont. I was just curious.

understand completely and he may decide to go to a D-1 but just trying to give reasons why JUCO might be a better fit

I was not bashing in any way. Trust me I know how good San Jac and Angelina are. I was just curious. Being in Orange all the time, I just never get to hear much about players in Beaumont. I was just curious.

understand completely and he may decide to go to a D-1 but just trying to give reasons why JUCO might be a better fit

Many times players with a chance to be drafted in the next couple of years will head to a JUCO instead of D1 also if they have a better chance starting immediatly they'll play at a JUCO. On a lot of levels there are better players at the JUCO level people in baseball circles know about San Jac they are a powerhouse ranked 5th in the nation right now.

Many times players with a chance to be drafted in the next couple of years will head to a JUCO instead of D1 also if they have a better chance starting immediatly they'll play at a JUCO. On a lot of levels there are better players at the JUCO level people in baseball circles know about San Jac they are a powerhouse ranked 5th in the nation right now.

If you go D1, you cannot be drated for 3 years or until you turn 21. Go to Juco, you can transfer to D1 after a year or two years. You can also be drafted after each year. You keep all of your options open each year. IMO, JUCO is made for baseball....especially for pitchers as Diamond-J stated.

Obviously San Jac is a baseball powerhouse, year-in and year-out. My only concern w/ San Jac is that it is really easy to get lost in the mix as a pitcher. They are well known for "priming" pitchers ( for lack of a better term ) for a year before they transfer to Texas, Rice, or A&M. San Jac's ace this year, Jacob Cowan is an example of such. I'm fairly certain their # 2 guy, Davis Rollins fits into this category also. Obviously, if you go out and perform you will get mound time.

Also, often times players who believe they may get drafted are advised to verbal/sign w/ a JUCO and a D1. It's common for players to do both.

Why is he going to San Jac and not DI? I know the draft is a possibility too.

Great accomplishment. From all I have heard about Svoboda I figured he was headed DI.

I'm not sure of his reasoning but if he goes D1 he has to stay in school through his Jr. year. Then he is eligible to be drafted. If he goes to JUCO he can be drafted after every season.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder