Pn-g vs. Nederland (girls) this coming tuesday.

soccerfan

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that my opinion ever matters.  And surely not because I care if Friendswood or Brenham wins the state championship.  I do not see where it was wrong for the PNG faithful as well as the Nederland faithful to post about their hopes of a deep playoff run.  Its what parents and fans do with their teams.. hope and boast.  PNG can post a schedule and show it to FF and it will not change his view but give him reasons to pick and attack other squads.  He is loyal to his lady stangs as we are to our teams. You can look and figure and worry and think and compare add in weather conditions.. injuries.. travel time verses rest ;) .. diet... and what do you get......... NOTHING BENEFICIAL.... I have coached soccer for 30 years now. :o  And the one thing I have learned is soccer is a CRAZY game.  This past season I lost two games in Louisiana to the worst high school teams I have seen even though we dominated possession.. funny thing is I get nothing for possession but only for that darn ball rolling into the goal.  But in the same breath,  I have beaten quality teams and sent some big time schools to the edge.  PnG and Friendswood and or Brenham and Nederland may meet one day.  And on that day.  Throw in all the variables,  from wind, sickness diet, freak of nature,  an own goal, or maybe just actually good play, no telling which team will end up on top.  Not always the best team that advances.  But if FF thinks he can look at a schedule and decide the future then we can save a bunch on travel expenses and just pencil in the brackets.  Your schedule so far means nothing to where the lady stangs are heading.  Losing to great teams is a plus,  IF your team isnt getting dominated to the point they are not getting any touches on the ball.  If they are getting touches on the ball and playing and knocking it around... then those games build quality teams.There I said my piece.... now time to be attacked and sad......  :(

SF, when did I say it was wrong for fans to make predictions with their hearts?  I was simply offering a contrary viewpoint about someone's hopeful prediction of a deep playoff run.  And, although it is true that they play the games for a reason, the point of forums like this is to make predictions, discuss predictions, etc.  You know that.

BH, to quote Shakespeare, "The lady doth protest too much..."  Think about it.

Now, does anyone in SE Texas want to post the PNG results?   

SF, when did I say it was wrong for fans to make predictions with their hearts?  I was simply offering a contrary viewpoint about someone's hopeful prediction of a deep playoff run.  And, although it is true that they play the games for a reason, the point of forums like this is to make predictions, discuss predictions, etc.  You know that.

BH, to quote Shakespeare, "The lady doth protest too much..."   Think about it.

Now, does anyone in SE Texas want to post the PNG results?     

more like "done to death by slanderous tongue..."  think about it.

lol you're not gonna give up are ya?  Don't have those results but I do know they beat Lindale who beat Brenham last year at the playoffs.  Good enough for ya?  ;)

Not that my opinion ever matters.  And surely not because I care if Friendswood or Brenham wins the state championship.  I do not see where it was wrong for the PNG faithful as well as the Nederland faithful to post about their hopes of a deep playoff run.  Its what parents and fans do with their teams.. hope and boast.  PNG can post a schedule and show it to FF and it will not change his view but give him reasons to pick and attack other squads.  He is loyal to his lady stangs as we are to our teams. You can look and figure and worry and think and compare add in weather conditions.. injuries.. travel time verses rest ;) .. diet... and what do you get......... NOTHING BENEFICIAL.... I have coached soccer for 30 years now. :o   And the one thing I have learned is soccer is a CRAZY game.  This past season I lost two games in Louisiana to the worst high school teams I have seen even though we dominated possession.. funny thing is I get nothing for possession but only for that darn ball rolling into the goal.  But in the same breath,  I have beaten quality teams and sent some big time schools to the edge.  PnG and Friendswood and or Brenham and Nederland may meet one day.  And on that day.  Throw in all the variables,  from wind, sickness diet, freak of nature,  an own goal, or maybe just actually good play, no telling which team will end up on top.  Not always the best team that advances.  But if FF thinks he can look at a schedule and decide the future then we can save a bunch on travel expenses and just pencil in the brackets.  Your schedule so far means nothing to where the lady stangs are heading.  Losing to great teams is a plus,  IF your team isnt getting dominated to the point they are not getting any touches on the ball.  If they are getting touches on the ball and playing and knocking it around... then those games build quality teams.There I said my piece.... now time to be attacked and sad......  :(

Could not have said this any better.

Guest setxgal

Not that it changes the outcome, but shark brought up a good point about possession during the game....does anyone have any stats on poss time per each team shots on goal? ( and yes I am speaking of the orig post of this thread...you know NED, PNG girls soccer)

I was at the game and it was so fast as a parent i was worried about injuries, etc. so I dodn't take notes about the stats.

Unfortunately, possession doesn't win games.  There have been too many games that we've all seen where one team had the ball in front of the defending team's goal for 75% of the time and fail to convert.  To make matters worse, sometimes, the other team may get lucky and score for the 10% of the time they had possession.  Some coaches usually ask their assistants to keep tabs of shots on goal, shots taken, yada yada.  Ask your team's coach.

Guest setxgal

Unfortunately, possession doesn't win games.  There have been too many games that we've all seen where one team had the ball in front of the defending team's goal for 75% of the time and fail to convert.  To make matters worse, sometimes, the other team may get lucky and score for the 10% of the time they had possession.  Some coaches usually ask their assistants to keep tabs of shots on goal, shots taken, yada yada.   Ask your team's coach.

not trying to spund too gripey, but i KNOW it doesn't win games....the few seconds the ball goes into the goal wins games.....however it does speak to strengths when you are owning the ball or if you are constantly chasing it.....i will check on it from the coach, i just thought one of the other parents may have had that info

• 2 weeks later...

I'm new to this site...but after reading all the past posts...FRIENDSWOOD.... i would think you should worry about your own team and 'not the INDIANS...you sound very sour as if this years team is not near the team ya'll were last year....I will be glad to post our Biggest Wins as well as our losses:

Beat: Cedar Hill (5A School) 3-0 (this was the championship game of 16 team tournament which included Ned,Lumberton, Baytown GC to name a few)

Lindale 1-0 (Longview Tournament)  Only 2 losses came to North Lamar and Mount Pleasant 2-1 in both games>>>both won their districts!!!

Westbrook ISD ( Beat twice and tied once) 5A School

Lumberton (1-0 in Lumberton)

Nederland (2-0 in Port Neches)

Weasel, thanks for posting the PNG information. 

First, let me say congrats to PNG for what seems to be a very solid season thus far. 

Second, I stand by my prediction that Brenham will prove to be far too tough for PNG in the playoffs.  After several years of mediocrity, the Cubbettes are quite strong this year. 

The "big" wins you have listed for PNG are fine, but none come against what anyone would say are elite type teams.  And, regardless of whether they have won their districts (which may not be accurate BTW), nobody I know considers North Lamar or Mount Pleasant to be really good. 

It may be that PNG has somehow become the real deal this year, and that teams like Brenham and Waco Midway will fall to them -- I don't list Friendswood in that group because it is actually impossible that PNG would be able to beat Friendswood.   ;D   But, given everything I know, I predict a playoff run that ends somehwere in the Houston area (Humble perhaps) in a game vs Brenham.

Good luck tonight.

Weasel, thanks for posting the PNG information. 

First, let me say congrats to PNG for what seems to be a very solid season thus far. 

Second, I stand by my prediction that Brenham will prove to be far too tough for PNG in the playoffs.  After several years of mediocrity, the Cubbettes are quite strong this year. 

The "big" wins you have listed for PNG are fine, but none come against what anyone would say are elite type teams.  And, regardless of whether they have won their districts (which may not be accurate BTW), nobody I know considers North Lamar or Mount Pleasant to be really good. 

It may be that PNG has somehow become the real deal this year, and that teams like Brenham and Waco Midway will fall to them -- I don't list Friendswood in that group because it is actually impossible that PNG would be able to beat Friendswood.   ;D   But, given everything I know, I predict a playoff run that ends somehwere in the Houston area (Humble perhaps) in a game vs Brenham.

Good luck tonight.

Of course you stand by your original prediction.

Enough talk about who would win or who would lose, let's just let the playoff start and let the games be played.

Then we can discuss results if necessary.

It seems kind of hypocritical to get on here to talk about there being enough talk?  Here's a clue soccerfan, you will find no games here, just talk.  So, it's probably not the place to log on if you have had it with talk.   

And, besides my comments were addressed to Weasel -- who, at least, was willing to provide the info.

Guest Newbie

Actually, I'm not sure how accurate my sources are, but from what I've heard, AH and the goalie aren't playing this season for Friendswood even after their basketball season has ended.  They're doing well in their district, but I don't think they'll do as well without those 2 key players.  Goodluck anyways.

It seems kind of hypocritical to get on here to talk about there being enough talk?  Here's a clue soccerfan, you will find no games here, just talk.  So, it's probably not the place to log on if you have had it with talk.   

And, besides my comments were addressed to Weasel -- who, at least, was willing to provide the info.

Thank-you soooo much for providing me with the obvious, FFan.

Look forward to having your company at the NED/PNG game tonight.

Alright y'all want a post schedule for PNG. We've won every district game except for once against Nederland, 1-0, and last night we just played them and killed them with ending score 4-0.  So there you go. PNG girls soccer is amazing this year. End of story. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kinghoyn
    Newest Member
    kinghoyn