EC 85, Houston YES 5

Guest ECBucFan

Guest ECBucFan

Please reserve judgment until you understand the circumstances of this game. Houston YES was extremely short handed, and I applaud them for showing up and giving it their best with only 5 players. They could have simply called and forfeited, but chose to show up and play the game.

EC let up to a very great degree after the 1st quarter. The quarter by quarter scoring easily reflects that. Full substitutions took place, and the press completely ended. The EC fans were extremely polite, cheering on both teams. Again, I hope the wrong assumptions will not be made here. Everyone made the best of a very challenging situation. I applaud both teams.

Please reserve judgment until you understand the circumstances of this game. Houston YES was extremely short handed, and I applaud them for showing up and giving it their best with only 5 players. They could have simply called and forfeited, but chose to show up and play the game.

EC let up to a very great degree after the 1st quarter. Full substitutions took place, and the press completely ended. The EC fans were extremely polite, cheering on both teams. Again, I hope the wrong assumptions will not be made here. Everyone made the best of a very challenging situation. I applaud both teams.

See my post on the other thread...my daughter was at the game and backs up what ECBucFan just said....it was pitiful.

Guest ECBucFan

Wow.  How does a playoff team only have 5 players? 

Believe it or not, EC made regionals back around 2000 with six players. I remember standing in the concession line at Tyler JC when the team ran out on the court. Some fans of our opponents were verbally wondering where "the other half" of the EC team was. I turned around and told them that was the full team, and they didn't believe me.   

I remember that 2000 team, I thought they were 5 of the toughtest, grittiest players I have ever seen. K. Baker was one of them.  Tough outstanding young lady who is now one of EC's coaches.  They took it ot the limit every game.  OK, now on to the present day...good luck to the Lady Bucs in the next round

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83