Any Play-off Previews this Year?

And thats all good, but Yates would absolutely PUNISH Silsbee...Seriously. They don't need that type of a beating going to the playoffs, and it would be just that, too!

No different than the beating that you are taking at LSC-PA!!!! ;D ;D ;D

That's hilarious...how long did it take you to come up with that one?  ::)...BTW, what's LU's record again? In the SOUTHLAND conference....Thats a JV league!! ;)....You dont wanna go there bro! ;)

DV you would give anything to be at LU instead of LSC-PA as you are now.........do not act like you would not either.......speaking of JV leagues.......you are at a piss ant Junior College.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DickVitale

And thats all good, but Yates would absolutely PUNISH Silsbee...Seriously. They don't need that type of a beating going to the playoffs, and it would be just that, too!

That's hilarious...how long did it take you to come up with that one?  ::)...BTW, what's LU's record again? In the SOUTHLAND conference....Thats a JV league!! ;)....You dont wanna go there bro! ;)

DV you would give anything to be at LU instead of LSC-PA as you are now.........do not act like you would not either.......speaking of JV leagues.......you are at a piss ant Junior College.

Lets see....LOW Major D-I, versus juco in a highly visible league......I think I would stay right here!  ;) Don't get mad, and call juco "piss ant"! There are more HIGH Major D-1 coaches that were once "piss ant" juco coaches at one point than you know...You have to pick your spots...I am good. ;)

Lets see....LOW Major D-I, versus juco in a highly visible league......I think I would stay right here!  ;) Don't get mad, and call juco "piss ant"! There are more HIGH Major D-1 coaches that were once "piss ant" juco coaches at one point than you know...You have to pick your spots...I am good. ;)

Your record speaks for itself!!!! ;) ;)

I remember that game Kountze vs Houston Milby, Milby was like Rank #1 in State, Undefeated and i heard they was Rank around the Nation

Kountze only lost to them by 12, i think the score was 60-48 back in 2003-04 season

Guest DickVitale

I remember that, but really...Do you think Milby was very enthused about playing Kountze? Kountze could have played them 20 times that season and they would have been beat all 20! Some worse than others...

Guest DickVitale

So Clay does not list his titles with Todd at HJ, right? I have earned every accolade that I got. Besides I have also won district and been to regionals as a head coach, and have never missed the playoffs at any point in my career on any level...Won district each year I coached sub varsity...(Never lost a sub varsity district game) Why are you riding me so? back up, man!

Clay has won a championship as a player and as an assistant.........

He has also taken his teams as the head coach to the regional tourney as well and won district every year as a head coach if I am not mistaken!!!!  That is 4 years.  He also has won district every year as a JV coach except for this season and that is 3 years I believe again.

I ride you because you always ride people and just giving it back to you!!!!!!  I will back off if I upset you!! :'( :'(

Guest ST4life

Playoff basketball is about momentum...I DOUBT that Travis wants to get a 40-50 point loss going into the playoffs, though, knowing Greg Wise (Yates Head Coach) I doubt he would even waste their time playing Silsbee...Silsbee has a shot to win a 3A title this year...Leave it at that...They should not try to bite off more than they can chew playing a Yates team that is clearly on a mission.  Besides they take 4 teams to the playoffs in 4A and 5A this season so that can't happen anyway...Stop being a homer AAW and realize your teams limitations. Yates would beat the heck out of Silsbee....really...And I know, "we only lost to Ozen by 1 point!" Yeah..That was Novemeber.....Wanna play them again now? That would be a beating..bad beating....Still pulling for your tigers though, don't get me wrong...Just a little reality check...Silsbee is 3A tough....keep that in mind.

So maybe Silsbee should play Ozen and beat them instead of yates before the play-offs.............

Guest DickVitale

Dicky can give but cannot take.. how many times will a JUCO game be on any of the ESPN networks??? NONE... Lamar has played on it a few times this year.... ESPN Fullcourt... and this Saturday ESPNU...

And you are contenet with that? being on ESPNU? You should have bigger goals for your team like MAKE THE CONFERENCE TOURNAMENT!! Forget the NCAA tourney, thats out, just make your conference tourney....IN THE SOUTHLAND...Wanna bet that half the teams in our conference can beat the bottom half of the Southland? Seriously....High major Juco vs. LOW LOW Major should not even be Division I..... ;):D

is there any team that can beat silsbee in your mind?? and you wonder why people get oon here and critize everything you say.. you and hawkheckler are the two biggest idiots that get on here

So maybe Silsbee should play Ozen and beat them instead of yates before the play-offs.............

Playoff basketball is about momentum...I DOUBT that Travis wants to get a 40-50 point loss going into the playoffs, though, knowing Greg Wise (Yates Head Coach) I doubt he would even waste their time playing Silsbee...Silsbee has a shot to win a 3A title this year...Leave it at that...They should not try to bite off more than they can chew playing a Yates team that is clearly on a mission.  Besides they take 4 teams to the playoffs in 4A and 5A this season so that can't happen anyway...Stop being a homer AAW and realize your teams limitations. Yates would beat the heck out of Silsbee....really...And I know, "we only lost to Ozen by 1 point!" Yeah..That was Novemeber.....Wanna play them again now? That would be a beating..bad beating....Still pulling for your tigers though, don't get me wrong...Just a little reality check...Silsbee is 3A tough....keep that in mind.

Let's see, where do I start first knocking holes in your post. Yes, first of all, you are correct that 4A takes 4 teams to the playoffs, BUT, district ends next Tuesday night and the playoffs don't start till the following Tuesday night. The Friday and Saturday in between is left for any tie breaker games needed or if anyone chooses to have a warm up game. So there is an opportunity for these teams to play. Here is the 4A bracket for you to see:

This is the hidden content, please
Get your facts straight!

Secondly, I was not disputing the fact that Yates or Wheatly would not run over Silsbee. I personally believe that would be the case. What I was disputing with you was the fact that YOU thought that it was in Silsbee's best interest not to play those teams and I said I will trust Travis judgment as to what HE feels is best for his team and what he thinks would be good for HIS team. I'll trust him with that decision, not you. I am willing to bet you and anyone else that Silsbee would not lose by 40-50 points to either one of these teams.

Also, just because Silsbee and Ozen played to a one point game in NOVEMBER, doesn't mean that Ozen would blow Silsbee out now. How do figure that one? Is it because you feel only Ozen can get better as the season progress's and not anyone else? Silsbee is pretty battle tested and you and I both know that Ozen is not as good with Saveat at the helm compared to Boutte. Boutte was the coach back in November.

I agree, Walter, that playoff basketball is about momentum, but if Silsbee gets the opportunity to play either Yates or Wheatly, I wouldn't doubt Travis decision in playing them. I would trust that it would only do Silsbee good, would be no harm. By your words, they would definetly not play anyone better in the 3A playoffs.

Guest tigersvoice

So Clay does not list his titles with Todd at HJ, right? I have earned every accolade that I got. Besides I have also won district and been to regionals as a head coach, and have never missed the playoffs at any point in my career on any level...Won district each year I coached sub varsity...(Never lost a sub varsity district game) Why are you riding me so? back up, man!

Dickie V, you really ought to have better things to do with your time than to put your career synopsis out on a sports discussion board!!!

Hey guys i don't think it's a bad thing at all to play yates or wheatly they want to play someone that is battle tested and can play basketball they are not afraid of any team win or lose. When they had they had to drop newton they played college park an even better team than newton they wanted to test themselfs and did not do a bad job. They have to develope the heart of a champion and they have grown up as a better team since none district i remember when silsbee played aldine a few years ago who was ranked #4 in class 5a at port neches in a warm up game and beat them although with different players the point is play the stiff and tough competition it can only make them better. GOOD LUCK SHOWTIME TIGERS ALL THE WAY TO STATE!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont