BARBERS HILL BASEBALL 2009 GAME RESULTS

RIP09

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Somebody please start a new post like, "BH Gripes" ??? or "BH Politics" ??? or whatever you want to call it. I started this post just to try and let people know how the team was doing and to give the kids a little publicity. Believe me, I know where everone is coming from, but I'd like to keep this post as clean as possible for those that just want to see how the team is doing.;D Oh and by the way, the BH team played extremely good this week with a 5-1 record! ;D ;D ;D

Thanks!

I would play the BEST 9. Period!

If a senior is just "cruising" because he "paid his dues", I call BS! There are no guarantees in life. Just because you had to supposedly wait your turn, does not mean you do not have to perform to keep your spot.

We need to prepare these young men for the real world!

Competition breeds success!

Totally 100% correct. The best 9 play--end of story.

Mustang you made a valuable point sitting is like quitting, you only get better by being in the game practicing with Varsity sometimes is not all it's cut out to be. You guys over their at BH seem to be coming around so don't let the politics play a part of what you are trying to accomplish. Who ya'll got next?

Playing Kingwood at the Hill it should be good and then headed to GCM on Friday

Well said Patriot117.....

ponder, carmona, rocha, and padgett.  were all once fresh and soph on varsity...  :o  whos spots did they take at that time????

Since you ask Ponder freshman was wasted  he was a bullpin catcher

Carmona sophomore year he played because the Senior shortstop tore his ACL

Rocha sophomore year was wasted setting the bench

Padgett  sophomore was wasted setting the bench

I do not think you gain anthing by setting on the bench a year you need to be playing in games not watching from the bench but that's just my thoughts

Ponder--was all district hororable mention his freshman year.

Rocha-- was all district honorable mention his soph. year.

Padget-- ran for people.. and burned up the base path his soph. year

Carmona--- played regardless of the reason.

its very hard to get all district any thing setting on the bench.

ponder, carmona, rocha, and padgett.  were all once fresh and soph on varsity...  :o  whos spots did they take at that time????

I do not think you gain anthing by setting on the bench a year you need to be playing in games not watching from the bench but that's just my thoughts

Not in Barbers Hill.  ;)

Played sports myself funnyman. You get better by playing in games not watching from the sidelines. Your starters will get about 100 at bats. Your subs if they are lucky might get in 10 - 15 at bats. My son is younger and I hope when we get to that level he is own the team were he is in the lineup daily.

BH  4     KP 1

BH 3-0 IN DISTRICT

What a great around performance from Barbers Hill. Jay Burditt would get the start on the mound for BH. Burditt was at his best with an outstanding performance in a complete game win. Burditt would face 4 hitters in the 1st inning striking out 2 and that seemed to set the pace for the game. BH would get an early lead in the btm. of the 2nd with a leadoff walk to Burditt. Cade McDonald would be inserted as a courtesy runner for Burditt and would score on an RBI double down the left field line from Jake Ponder. Burditt would face only 4 hitters in the top of the 3rd giving up only one single. Colby Henscey would help extend the lead in the btm. of the 3rd. Cody Clifton lead off the inning by ripping a line drive into left field. The K-Park pitcher would get a flyball to left and a strikeout as Cody Clifton stole second on the strikeout. With 2 outs and Clifton at 2nd, Colby Henscey would hit a 2-out, 2-Run bomb of a homerun over the left field score board. This would be Henscey's 4th HR in 5 games. That would be all that Burditt would need. BH would tack on 1 run in the 5th as Clifton and Peterson would lead off with singles and Clifton would end up scoring on a bases loaded walk. Burditt would not get into any trouble until the 6th inning when he allowed the first 2 hitters to reach. He would then get the next 3 hitters in order with a flyball, a strikeout, and a ground ball back to the mound to end the threat. The only run Burditt would give up would be on a 2 out base hit into the outfield that was bobbled which would allow a runner from 2nd to score in the 7th inning. Awesome performance from the BH team.

PITCHING

Burditt - 7 ip, 7 hits, 1 run, 8 k, 0 bb

OFFENSE

Henscey - 1 for 3, HR, 2 RBIs, run

Clifton    - 2 for 3, 2 runs

Peterson - 2 for 3

Ponder    - 1 for 2, 2b, RBI, HBP

Carmona  - 1 for 2, BB

BH  4     KP 1

BH 3-0 IN DISTRICT

What a great around performance from Barbers Hill. Jay Burditt would get the start on the mound for BH. Burditt was at his best with an outstanding performance in a complete game win. Burditt would face 4 hitters in the 1st inning striking out 2 and that seemed to set the pace for the game. BH would get an early lead in the btm. of the 2nd with a leadoff walk to Burditt. Cade McDonald would be inserted as a courtesy runner for Burditt and would score on an RBI double down the left field line from Jake Ponder. Burditt would face only 4 hitters in the top of the 3rd giving up only one single. Colby Henscey would help extend the lead in the btm. of the 3rd. Cody Clifton lead off the inning by ripping a line drive into left field. The K-Park pitcher would get a flyball to left and a strikeout as Cody Clifton stole second on the strikeout. With 2 outs and Clifton at 2nd, Colby Henscey would hit a 2-out, 2-Run bomb of a homerun over the left field score board. This would be Henscey's 4th HR in 5 games. That would be all that Burditt would need. BH would tack on 1 run in the 5th as Clifton and Peterson would lead off with singles and Clifton would end up scoring on a bases loaded walk. Burditt would not get into any trouble until the 6th inning when he allowed the first 2 hitters to reach. He would then get the next 3 hitters in order with a flyball, a strikeout, and a ground ball back to the mound to end the threat. The only run Burditt would give up would be on a 2 out base hit into the outfield that was bobbled which would allow a runner from 2nd to score in the 7th inning. Awesome performance from the BH team.

PITCHING

OFFENSE

Peterson - 2 for 3

Carmona  - 1 for 2, BB

Good write up RIP09 I know we left a lot on base. How many?

BH  4     KP 1

BH 3-0 IN DISTRICT

PITCHING

OFFENSE

Peterson - 2 for 3

Carmona  - 1 for 2, BB

Good write up RIP09 I know we left a lot on base. How many?

I don't have my book with me. I thought it was about 6. We did leave the bases loaded in one inning and we had a few base running mistakes that cost us at least 2 runs. We did have one big 2-out hit to score 2 runs so overall I'd say it was a pretty solid performance.

BH 2    GOOSE CREEK MEMORIAL 6

BH 3-1 IN DISTRICT

BH seems to be on a roller coaster with their up and down play. BH has been playing some very good baseball over the last 6 or 7 games but that was not the case last night. BH got completely beaten in every area of the game last night. The Memorial players wanted this game bad and it appeared from the very beginning that it meant more to them than it did to the BH team. Heath Padgett got BH off to a good start with a line drive single but that would be short lived when he was picked off of first base. Carmona followed that up with a hard line out to the shortstop and Henscey would line out to 2nd base. All three balls were hit hard and it looked like BH would be able to get to the Memorial pitcher later in the game, but it never happened. BH would finish the night with only 4 hits. Matt Peterson got the start on the mound and would give up hits to 3 of the first 4 hitters he faced giving GC the early 1-0 lead. Peterson got himself out of a bases loaded jam after giving up the 1 run with a couple of strikeouts. BH would fail to make good on a golden scoring opportunity in the top of the 4th. Carmona would start the inning off by ripping a double down the left field line and Colby Henscey would follow that up with a walk after getting behind in the count 1-2. Burditt would lay down a sac bunt to move Carmona and Henscey to 3rd and 2nd with only 1 out. Jake Ponder would pop up to 2nd base for the 2nd out of the inning and GC intentionally walked Lyday to load the bases. Alex Rocha would leave the bases loaded with a pop up to short center field to end the inning without scoring a run. The game would remain at 1-0 until the top of the 6th. Carmona once again started things off with a hit down the first base line. Henscey would fly out to right for the first out. Burditt would follow that up with a big 2 strike double to the right center gap putting runners on 2nd and 3rd with only 1 out again. Ponder would be intentionally walked to load the bases. Lyday would come up and foul off several pitches with a 2 strike count before reaching on a fielder's choice to 3rd base that would bring in the tying run. The 3rd baseman would get the out at 3rd but made a bad throw to first trying to double off Lyday that would allow courtesy runner Cade McDonald to move up to 3rd base. McDonald would score the go ahead run with a wild pitch on the very next pitch. Lyday would move to 2nd on the pitch and then to 3rd on a pb. Rocha would draw a walk to put runners at 1st and 3rd with 2 outs. BH would fail to get any more as Peterson would fly out to center to end the inning. GC would come back in the btm of the inning with 5 runs on 3 hits , an error, 2 balks, a hbp, and 3 walks to end the scoring. BH would go down in order in the 7th to end the game.

PITCHING

Peterson - 5 2/3 ip, 7 hits, 6 runs, 4 earned, 5 bb, 8 k

Baker      -  1/3 ip, 1 hits, 0 runs, 1 k

OFFENSE - (not much)

Carmona - 2 for 4, 2b, run

Burditt  -  1 for 2, 2b

Padgett  - 1 for 4

So the Goose aint cooked but the Eagle has landed, and if the Eagle doesn't get back to soaring A group of Broncos will trample it Tuesday?

A poet and don't know it. You will be getting a dose of #10 on Tuesday and he has been pretty good on the mound just ask KP

Guest lowandaway

I think KP dont know this district....in fact i think more loses are in thier future and the Eagle will drop like a rock if they don't find a up draft soon.

I think KP dont know this district....in fact i think more loses are in thier future and the Eagle will drop like a rock if they don't find a up draft soon.

You must be a bronco. We have our on tail wind and willtry to keep clear of your horse smell Tuesday night you will be talking or silent we will see

You must be a bronco. We have our on tail wind and willtry to keep clear of your horse smell Tuesday night you will be talking or silent we will see

Thats funny....but i'm no Bronco.....I'm closer to the Patriots and have allways been an avid bird watcher

if last nights game is any indication of this areas varsity talent they won't get far out of district. No discipline at the plate, no discipline on the mound, nothing over 82 MPH and only maybe 3 hard hit baseballs for 7 innings! Where is our talent, Eagles swinging for the fences and cant hit out of the infield when they needed it. GCM only benefitted from the Eagles lack of pitching and lack of hitting for sure the buzz around town was y'all where better than that.

if last nights game is any indication of this areas varsity talent they won't get far out of district. No discipline at the plate, no discipline on the mound, nothing over 82 MPH and only maybe 3 hard hit baseballs for 7 innings! Where is our talent, Eagles swinging for the fences and cant hit out of the infield when they needed it. GCM only benefitted from the Eagles lack of pitching and lack of hitting for sure the buzz around town was y'all where better than that.

Last night was ugly not sure why we did not hit but I know several were at the cages today trying to work on it. We watched to many curve balls for strikes. The GCM kid did pitch well. But to get out of the first round of the playoffs you better be able to hit better than that

BH  6    DAYTON 0

BH 4-1 IN DISTRICT

BH rebounded in a big way tonight with the help of an outstanding complete game from Jay Burditt. Burditt gave up only 2 hits while striking out 12 in a dominating performance on the mound. Alex Rocha came up big at the plate with a couple of triples and an rbi. Looking forward to a big game on Friday night against Crosby.

PITCHING

Burditt - 7 ip, 2 hits, 0 runs, 12 Ks, 4 bb, 1 hbp

OFFENSE

Rocha - 2 for 3, 2 triples, rbi

Padgett- 1 for 2, bb, sb, run

Ponder - 1 for 2, 2b

Myer - 1 for 1, rbi

BH  4     CROSBY 14

BH is 4-2 in district.

The roller coaster ride continues for BH. Not a whole lot of positives to talk about in this one. Crosby's pitcher strikes out the first 6 hitters for BH and Crosby scores 4 runs on 5 hits and an error in the first 2 innings and never looks back. Crosby would blow the game wide open in the bottom of the 3rd. After scoring 1 run on an rbi double and the runner being thrown out at 3rd trying to stretch the double to a triple for the 2nd out of the inning, things fell apart. Matt Peterson who got the start would walk the next 2 batters and would be pulled from the game. Daniel Mitchell came on in relief and walked the first batter to load the bases. Mitchell would coax the next hitter into what appeared to be a routine fly ball for the final out of the inning. The ball was hit into shallow center and the BH shortstop appeared to be in position to make the play but at the last second he was called off and the catch wasn't made. Two runs scored on the play and after another walk and an error at 3rd base, Crosby would end up scoring 7 runs in the inning, only 1 of which was earned. BH would end up with 5 errors on the night. BH would not get on the board until the top of the 5th after trailing 11-0. Rocha lead off with a double and Blaine McDonald would follow that up with a single. After a ground out to the pitcher, Heath Padgett would hit a ball into left center that the centerfielder would run down but could not hang on to for the final out of the inning. Both runs would score to keep the game going for BH. Rocha who came on in relief of Mitchell, would hold Crosby scoreless in the 4th and 5th innings. Colby Henscey lead off the 6th inning with a solo HR to left field. Lyday and Ponder would both single and move to 2nd and 3rd on a groundout. Lyday would then score on a wild pitch to end the scoring for BH. Crosby would end the game in the btm. of the 6th scoring 3 runs on 4 hits off of Rocha.

PITCHING

Peterson - 2.67 ip, 6 hits, 7 runs 5 earned, 4 bb, 4 k, 1 hbp

Michell    - 0 ip, 1 hit, 4 runs 0 earned, 3 bb

Rocha     - 3 ip, 4 hits, 3 runs 3 earned, 4 k, 2 hbp

OFFENSE

Lyday           - 2 for 3, run

Henscey       - 1 for 3, HR, rbi, run

Ponder         - 1 for 3

Rocha          - 1 for 2, 2b, run

B. McDonald - 1 for 2, run

Padgett       - 1 for 3, 2b, 2 rbi

How about that JUNIOR, Tyler Lyday?

I thought you had to be a senior to play for the Hill!  The UNDERCLASSMAN seems to be doing quite well for the Eagles!

Sorry the game didn't go well last night.  Hold your heads up.  BH will come back.

How about that JUNIOR, Tyler Lyday?

I thought you had to be a senior to play for the Hill!  The UNDERCLASSMAN seems to be doing quite well for the Eagles!

Sorry the game didn't go well last night.  Hold your heads up.  BH will come back.

He has done very well. He is the only under classmen starting and he has done a good job with the bat

BH 14    NF 0

BH 5-2 IN DISTRICT PLAY

BH gets the win in 4 1/2 innings Tuesday night. BH puts up 3 runs in the 1st, 1 in the 2nd, and 5 in both the 3rd and 4th innings. Carmona gets the start on the mound, going 3 innings and Rocha pitches the final 2 innings. Sophomore Brandon Wright gets the start at SS and makes a nice play deep in the hole to start a 6-4-3 DP with Clifton that would end the only threat of scoring from NF on the night. The big hit of the night came from Bryan Myer with a bases loaded triple.

PITCHING

Carmona - 3 ip, 3 hits, 0 runs, 1 bb, 2 k

Rocha    - 2 ip, 1 hit, 0 runs, 0 bb, 3 k

OFFENSE

Carmona - 2 for 2, 2b, bb, 2 runs

Henscey - 2 for 3, 2-2b, 2 runs, 2 rbi

Burditt   - 1 for 2, run, 3 rbi, sb

Myer      - 1 for 1, 3b, run, 3 rbi

Clifton    - 1 for 2, 2 runs, sb

Peterson - 1 for 1, run, rbi

Bullock   - sac. fly, rbi

Lyday    - 1 for 2, 2b, 2 rbi