****PN-G Hires New Head Football Coach...MOJO..Brandon Faircloth!!****

This is the hidden content, please

Odessa Permian assistant set to be PN-G football coach, vote pending

By THE ENTERPRISE

January, 30, 2009

Odessa Permian assistant football coach Brandon Faircloth might be the next head football coach at Port Neches-Groves.

Faircloth, an offensive coordinator at Permian, will be presented to the school board for a vote during a Tuesday meeting, PN-G ISD Superintendent Lani Randall said Friday.

Permian averaged 41.4 points per game during an undefeated, 10-game regular season last year. The Panthers won two playoff games and lost to Allen, 28-22, in the Class 5A Division I area round.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Football: Permian offensive coordinator leaving to become Port Neches-Groves head coach

Comments 0 | Recommend 3

January 30, 2009 - 6:17 PM

BY JOEL A. ERICKSON

Permian offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach Brandon Faircloth has been offered the head coaching job at Port Neches-Groves, pending approval by the school board at Port Neches-Groves ISD.

"We're going to miss him," Permian head coach Darren Allman said. "But that's what we want our assistant coaches to be able to do, and it's one of the reasons they come to Permian."

Allman said Permian's search to replace Faircloth already has begun.

Longtime Port Neches-Groves head coach Matt Burnett left the football program to become the outdoor athletic complex coordinator and attendance officer.

Since joining the Permian coaching staff in 2006, Faircloth has presided over three consecutives seasons in which his quarterback has broken Permian's single-season passing record, a streak that was capped by the 2,682 yards Trevor Adams gained this season.

Faircloth also presided over Sherard Ray's 2,224-yard rushing season this year, the second-best single-season rushing mark in Panthers school history.

Port Neches-Groves has won three state titles - including a win over Permian in the 1975 state final - and has reached the state championship game three more times.

Just copied this off the PNG website about the special board meeting called.

Port Neches-Groves ISD

Special Meeting

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

6:00 PM

West Groves Ed. Center, 5840 W. Jefferson, Groves, TX

1.    Call to Order and Establishment of Quorum 

2.    Consider Approval of Employment of Athletic Director/Head Football Coach 

3.    Adjournment 

This is the hidden content, please

From one storied program to another, Brandon Faircloth appears set to be the next Port Neches-Groves football coach.

Faircloth is an assistant coach at Odessa Permian and will become PN-G's next coach pending a vote of PN-G ISD board members at a Tuesday meeting.

PN-G ISD Superintendent Lani Randall said Friday that she will recommend to the board that Faircloth be the next football coach and boys athletic coordinator.

Should the board approve Randall's recommendation, he'll go from a program that has won six state titles to one that has won three state titles and is steeped with more tradition than any other Southeast Texas program.

"He's been able to live through that experience, which is a lot different from hearing about it or reading about in a book," Permian coach Darren Allman said in reference to "Friday Night Lights," a bestselling book about the 1988 Permian football team.

Faircloth has served as Permian's offensive coordinator for three seasons. Permian averaged 42.6 points through an undefeated, 10-game regular season and three playoff games, the last a 28-22 loss to eventual Class 5A Division I champion Allen.

"He's a very intelligent person that knows how to teach, and he's been a great offensive coordinator for us," Allman said. "We got immediately better when he came to Permian."

Faircloth did not return a phone message Friday.

Randall said Faircloth's experience and accomplishments set him apart from the 35-person field of applicants.

"It came down to his experience and the accomplishments he has had at the places he's been, like Westlake, Highland Park and Permian," Randall said. "Those are all successful high schools."

Last season, PN-G averaged 18.4 points in nine games. The Indians won their first three games but lost the last six.

If hired, Faircloth will replace former Matt Burnett, who coached 22 seasons at PN-G, the last 15 as head coach. Burnett coached PN-G to a Class 4A state title game in 1999.

The PN-G ISD reassigned Burnett to outdoor athletic complex coordinator and student attendance officer Nov. 25.

Faircloth, Georgetown assistant Chuck Griffin and Calallen head coach/athletic director Philip Danaher were the three finalists for the position, Randall said.

The PN-G ISD had revealed Faircloth as a coaching applicant only after the Texas Attorney General's office required it to do so. The school district had asked the AG's office if the Texas Freedom of Information Act required it to release the names of applicants after it received six requests for the list of applicants.

"It's been a long process, and come Tuesday, it will be where we want it to be," Randall said.

Indian Ken is smiling down on The Reservation.

I agree!  Talked to some guys from Permian. They said Faircloth is the "real deal" and he will take PNG back to the playoffs.  Said they will definitely miss him, but its important that he continue his career.  Faircloft wanted to come to PNG and the program we have.  They said he had a LOT of respect for PNG and their fans.  Way to go PNG!  Look forward to a very motivational and enthusiastic young coach!

I agree!  Talked to some guys from Permian. They said Faircloft is the "real deal" and he will take PNG back to the playoffs.  Said they will definitely miss him, but its important that he continue his career.  Faircloft wanted to come to PNG and the program we have.  They said he had a LOT of respect for PNG and their fans.  Way to go PNG!  Look forward to a very motivational and enthusiastic young coach!

Doesn't it feel good tonight to slap the people back in the face who have been doing it to us for about a month now? I love the hire and I love how our board did what they felt they needed to do to get it done. If you don't like it and aren't from PN-G, move on!

I agree!  Talked to some guys from Permian. They said Faircloft is the "real deal" and he will take PNG back to the playoffs.  Said they will definitely miss him, but its important that he continue his career.  Faircloft wanted to come to PNG and the program we have.  They said he had a LOT of respect for PNG and their fans.  Way to go PNG!  Look forward to a very motivational and enthusiastic young coach!

Doesn't it feel good tonight to slap the people back in the face who have been doing it to us for about a month now? I love the hire and I love how our board did what they felt they needed to do to get it done. If you don't like it and aren't from PN-G, move on!

I totally agree, OlGAbe.....A lot of these folks have been really down on PNG and now, the RESERVATION has a new chief and things are lookin up!

You know, I was thinking,  "FAIRCLOTH", kinda sounds like an Indian name, huh?  Way to go PNG in the hiring process...now, we have a LOT to look forward to!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83