****PN-G Hires New Head Football Coach...MOJO..Brandon Faircloth!!****

Congrats NDN's on your new HC. Sounds like he was the right man for the job, and I believe he will bring PN-G back where it needs to be.

Thank ya sir. What matters most to me right now is it seems all Indian fans are happy and back together. It hasn't really felt that way since Burnett was reassigned.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Faircloth takes PN-G job

By Tom Halliburton

The Port Arthur News

PORT NECHES -- Brandon Faircloth will be recommended to become Port Neches-Groves next head football coach at a special PNGISD trustees meeting Tuesday night.

Faircloth was offered the opportunity and accepted it Friday from PNGISD schools superintendent Dr. Lani Randall. The innovative Odessa Permian offensive coordinator was expected to attend the board meeting next Tuesday night in West Groves Elementary School at 6 p.m., according to Dr. Randall.

"We had some strong candidates but Brandon was impressive to our interview committee," Dr. Randall said. "We had some great finalists but Brandon's background in Texas high school football at Austin Westlake, Highland Park and Odessa Permian was very impressive. I would say that he's a great fit for PN-G... You're going to like him when you meet him."

Always a strong advocate of academics, the PNGISD schools superintendent indicated that Faircloth's father was a school principal in Brownwood.

"We looked for a candidate with good leadership, a good role model for our students and a keen mind about football."

Faircloth has coached such outstanding athletes as former University of Texas and current Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Roy Williams while working under head coach Darren Allman on the Panthers coaching staff.

"We're going to miss him," Permian's head coach told sports writer Joel Erickson of the Odessa American newspaper. "But that's what we want our assistant coaches to be able to do, and it's one of the reasons they come to Permian."

Permian averaged 41.4 points per game during an undefeated, 10-game regular season last year. The Panthers won two playoff games and lost to Allen, 28-22, in the Class 5A Division I area round.

Since joining the Permian coaching staff in 2006, Faircloth has presided over three consecutives seasons in which his quarterback has broken Permian's single-season passing record, a streak that was capped by the 2,682 yards Trevor Adams gained this season. Faircloth also presided over running back Sherard Ray's 2,224-yard rushing season in 2008, the second-best single-season rushing mark in Permian history.

Pending Randall's recommendation to the board, Faircloth would fill the vacancy created when Matt Burnett accepted the reassignment to become the school's outdoor athletic complex coordinator and attendance officer.

The News reported in Thursday's sports section that two prestigious applicants for PN-G's position had withdrawn their names from consideration -- Phil Danaher from Corpus Christi Calallen and Jerry Vance from Liberty Hill.

Another major Southeast Texas head coaching vacancy opened Friday at Jasper. Bulldogs head football coach Thomas Brooks surprisingly announced that he has resigned from the position. Brooks announced his intentions to stay in the Jasper school district as athletic director and director of the alternative education center.

Faircloth takes PN-G job

By Tom Halliburton

The Port Arthur News

PORT NECHES -- Brandon Faircloth will be recommended to become Port Neches-Groves next head football coach at a special PNGISD trustees meeting Tuesday night.

Faircloth was offered the opportunity and accepted it Friday from PNGISD schools superintendent Dr. Lani Randall. The innovative Odessa Permian offensive coordinator was expected to attend the board meeting next Tuesday night in West Groves Elementary School at 6 p.m., according to Dr. Randall.

"We had some strong candidates but Brandon was impressive to our interview committee," Dr. Randall said. "We had some great finalists but Brandon's background in Texas high school football at Austin Westlake, Highland Park and Odessa Permian was very impressive. I would say that he's a great fit for PN-G... You're going to like him when you meet him."

Always a strong advocate of academics, the PNGISD schools superintendent indicated that Faircloth's father was a school principal in Brownwood.

"We looked for a candidate with good leadership, a good role model for our students and a keen mind about football."

Faircloth has coached such outstanding athletes as former University of Texas and current Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Roy Williams while working under head coach Darren Allman on the Panthers coaching staff.

"We're going to miss him," Permian's head coach told sports writer Joel Erickson of the Odessa American newspaper. "But that's what we want our assistant coaches to be able to do, and it's one of the reasons they come to Permian."

Permian averaged 41.4 points per game during an undefeated, 10-game regular season last year. The Panthers won two playoff games and lost to Allen, 28-22, in the Class 5A Division I area round.

Since joining the Permian coaching staff in 2006, Faircloth has presided over three consecutives seasons in which his quarterback has broken Permian's single-season passing record, a streak that was capped by the 2,682 yards Trevor Adams gained this season. Faircloth also presided over running back Sherard Ray's 2,224-yard rushing season in 2008, the second-best single-season rushing mark in Permian history.

Pending Randall's recommendation to the board, Faircloth would fill the vacancy created when Matt Burnett accepted the reassignment to become the school's outdoor athletic complex coordinator and attendance officer.

The News reported in Thursday's sports section that two prestigious applicants for PN-G's position had withdrawn their names from consideration -- Phil Danaher from Corpus Christi Calallen and Jerry Vance from Liberty Hill.

Another major Southeast Texas head coaching vacancy opened Friday at Jasper. Bulldogs head football coach Thomas Brooks surprisingly announced that he has resigned from the position. Brooks announced his intentions to stay in the Jasper school district as athletic director and director of the alternative education center.

Pretty impressive!

Anyone else notice that Tom Haliburton does no research?

"Faircloth has coached such outstanding athletes as former University of Texas and current Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Roy Williams while working under head coach Darren Allman on the Panthers coaching staff."

Faircloth joined the Permian staff in 2006. In 2006 Roy Williams had 1300 yards receiving and 9td's...for the DETROIT LIONS!

But totaly failed to report that he did coach potential first overal pick in this years draft in QB Mathew Stafford durring their state championship season in 2005.

Tom is a tool!

Guest Brubaker

Congrats NDN's on your new HC. Sounds like he was the right man for the job, and I believe he will bring PN-G back where it needs to be.

Thank ya sir. What matters most to me right now is it seems all Indian fans are happy and back together. It hasn't really felt that way since Burnett was reassigned.

Gabe, please pay attention, the PNG faithful haven't been together for many years.  Burnett was reassigned a couple of months ago, that's not how long folks have been divided over that situation.  You're a sports writer, please keep up, less folks throw you in with the Halliburton's of the world.

I keep up way more than you obviously are giving me credit for. What I mean is it has been at its peak around the time of his reassignment and through the process of it (before and shortly after). And please keep up, I'm not a sports writer. I'm an editor who still writes sports.

Nice recovery, you're a big time homer.

There is an all of a sudden problem with supporting my high school? You really don't know anything about me do you? One of the main reasons I have stayed in Orange to write sports was to be able to say I had no bias whatsoever. I cover everyone the same, treat everyone the same and will always put PN-G first. If you don't like that, I can't help you and really don't want to.

Coach Faircloth will be in Dallas this weekend at the 2009 Nike Coach of the Year Clinic. His topic will be, "Game Planning 3rd Down - Offense".    I'm liking our new Head Chief more and more!

9:20 – 10:30  Brandon Faircloth (Odessa Permian High School)

“Game Planning 3rd Down – Offenseâ€

This is the hidden content, please
))/c-48-.aspx

Congrats to you PNG looks like you got a top notch coach. Lets just hope the new coach has the talanted players at PNG to run his new offense. The title may run through mid county but it will be a few years before it runs through PNG.

Learning a complex offensive scheme will be more of a challenge than worrying about the talent. As far as Mid County did you attend the PNG - Nederland Freshman game this past season? ;D

Guest Brubaker

Sorry OL, you're right, I was trying to think of you more as a professional sports writer on here, but I'll just think of you as Gabe when you're posting.  You're alright.

Guest Brubaker

Congrats to you PNG looks like you got a top notch coach. Lets just hope the new coach has the talanted players at PNG to run his new offense. The title may run through mid county but it will be a few years before it runs through PNG.

Learning a complex offensive scheme will be more of a challenge than worrying about the talent. As far as Mid County did you attend the PNG - Nederland Freshman game this past season? ;D

I was there, Nederland had like 300 yards of penalties, the best team don't always win, that was the case that night.  The Nederland freshman class was the most talented group of freshman I saw play last year.  Nederland had 5 sophs starting on varsity last year, they have some of their most talent laden classes coming through since Neumann has been there.  The CO group hasn't lost in 3 years... we'll just play the games and find out.

I was there, Nederland had like 300 yards of penalties, the best team don't always win, that was the case that night.  The Nederland freshman class was the most talented group of freshman I saw play last year.  Nederland had 5 sophs starting on varsity last year, they have some of their most talent laden classes coming through since Neumann has been there.  The CO group hasn't lost in 3 years... we'll just play the games and find out.

I believe the PN-G freshman B team played Nederland B three times.... for 3 wins. The future's looking bright for the Indians.  ;D

We also going to miss The Young Coach.

I'll still be around.  And I am very happy for Coach Faircloth.  He is a good coach.  Garrett knows that God is in control of his life and His plans for him are much greater than he could ever imagine. Evidently, he still has some more lives to touch in Duncanville.  That is what coaching is all about, not the X's and O's.  Our life on Earth is very short compared to the time spent in eternity.  The measure of a great man is not what he does while on this planet, but what he leaves behind.  All great coaches, like Garrett, influence young people and old alike on a daily basis. That is their calling. 

Anyway, I will keep up with the Indians, since they seem to be part of my family now and I wish them the best of luck in the spring learning the new offense and defense. 

Honor, Pride, Tradition!!!

Scalp 'em Indians!!!

We also going to miss The Young Coach.

I'll still be around.  And I am very happy for Coach Faircloth.  He is a good coach.  Garrett knows that God is in control of his life and His plans for him are much greater than he could ever imagine. Evidently, he still has some more lives to touch in Duncanville.  That is what coaching is all about, not the X's and O's.  Our life on Earth is very short compared to the time spent in eternity.  The measure of a great man is not what he does while on this planet, but what he leaves behind.  All great coaches, like Garrett, influence young people and old alike on a daily basis. That is their calling. 

Anyway, I will keep up with the Indians, since they seem to be part of my family now and I wish them the best of luck in the spring learning the new offense and defense. 

Honor, Pride, Tradition!!!

Scalp 'em Indians!!!

Excellent Post!  You are so right....God is in charge and we need to ALWAYS seek HIS guidance and surrender to HIS will while we are here.  From what I've read and heard, Garrett is a good man and I'm sure God has a plan for him.  Young Coach let him know he put forth a valiant effort, and yes, he IS part of the PNG family!

Scalp 'em, NDN's, Scalp 'em!

I believe the PN-G freshman B team played Nederland B three times.... for 3 wins. The future's looking bright for the Indians.  ;D

I agree, the future is looking VERY BRIGHT for the PNG Indians!  HONOR....PRIDE.....TRADITION..........."PRICELESS!"

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami