SETXsports Pre-Season Baseball Top 10

Burditt will probably be #1 but after that we shall see who steps up. There's a 6'5" soph named Asbury that should help. He can really bring it but does have control problems at times. 

Now that basketball is over for BH, we can turn our focus to baseball. There are a few kids coming out of basketball who will get a good look. I agree with all of those comments concerning the seniors that will make up this years team. If they stay healthy and produce, then they should start and play. As for the underclassmen, there time will come later. Here are the boys coming from basketball and what my opinion is of them.

Heath Padgett (senior) will start in CF and should lead off in the lineup. This kid can hustle and play!

Daniel Mitchell (Jr) will be called on for his pitching, but may be limited due to the seniors ahead of him. He is perfectly capable of pitching and hitting at the varsity level, but again he is a Jr.

The big question mark will be Carson Asbury (Soph). He was moved around last year from JV to Sophomore and this year who knows! He is a big kid who can pitch and hit, but at BH he may have to wait his turn. Probably a number one starter for the JV team, based on all the seniors this year.

Another Sophomore, Dylan Marshall, should start on JV. He is a good catcher and was our number one catcher last year on the sophomore team. He can hit JV pitching. His time will come, too.

There are a few kids coming from the freshman basketball team who will play on this years sophomore baseball team. I am not sure of their names, so I won't attempt to mention them.

There you have it. Let the games begin and see what happens. Good luck BH at all levels. 

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Burditt will probably be #1 but after that we shall see who steps up. There's a 6'5" soph named Asbury that should help. He can really bring it but does have control problems at times. 

Now that basketball is over for BH, we can turn our focus to baseball. There are a few kids coming out of basketball who will get a good look. I agree with all of those comments concerning the seniors that will make up this years team. If they stay healthy and produce, then they should start and play. As for the underclassmen, there time will come later. Here are the boys coming from basketball and what my opinion is of them.

Heath Padgett (senior) will start in CF and should lead off in the lineup. This kid can hustle and play!

Daniel Mitchell (Jr) will be called on for his pitching, but may be limited due to the seniors ahead of him. He is perfectly capable of pitching and hitting at the varsity level, but again he is a Jr.

The big question mark will be Carson Asbury (Soph). He was moved around last year from JV to Sophomore and this year who knows! He is a big kid who can pitch and hit, but at BH he may have to wait his turn. Probably a number one starter for the JV team, based on all the seniors this year.

Another Sophomore, Dylan Marshall, should start on JV. He is a good catcher and was our number one catcher last year on the sophomore team. He can hit JV pitching. His time will come, too.

There are a few kids coming from the freshman basketball team who will play on this years sophomore baseball team. I am not sure of their names, so I won't attempt to mention them.

There you have it. Let the games begin and see what happens. Good luck BH at all levels. 

I'm excited about getting Padgett and Mitchell from basketball. Padgett will definitely be in centerfield but I wouldn't expect to see him in the lead off spot. I expect Carmona will stay in that position but not sure where Padgett will end up in the order. Padgett is capable of being a very good hitter but struggled a little at the plate last year. I would expect to see him have a big year this year. You definitely won't find anybody that plays any harder than Heath. Mitchell is very capable of being an important part of the pitching staff this year. I would think he will end up being our #1 guy in relief of the starting pitchers this year and possibly even working himself into the rotation.

5A

West Brook

Memorial

4A

Crosby

Barbers Hill

Central

Ozen

Dayton

Lumberton

Nederland

Little Cypress-Mauriceville

Port Neches-Groves

Vidor

Private

Kelly

3A

Huffman Hargrave

Bridge City

Hamshire-Fannett

Jasper

Orangefield

Silsbee

Hardin-Jefferson

West Orange-Stark

Cleveland

Tarkington

Coldspring-Oakhurst

Kingwood Park

Liberty

Shepherd

Splendora

2A

Kirbyville

Corrigan-Camden

Hemphill

Nacogdoches Central

Heights

Newton

San Augustine

Shelbyville

Woden

Woodville

Anahuac

Buna

Deweyville

Hardin

Kountze

Warren

East Chambers

1A

Evadale

High Island

Hull-Daisetta

Sabine Pass

Saratoga West Hardin

Spurger

the teams in bold i have seen or have reports from reliable sources during the current scrimmages. we should have pre-season poll up before the real stuff starts. feel free to comment on any of the teams.

big school: 1. west brook            small school: 1. buna

2. lc-m                                      2. kirbyville

3. vidor                                     3. evadale

4. bh                                        4. kountze

5. bc                                        5. woodville

6. jasper                                   6. west sabine

7. pn-g                                     7. big sandy

8. nederland                              8. hardin

9. silsbee                         9. deweyville

10. hardin-jeff                           10. newton

I think you forgot Orangefield  ;)

1. LCM

2. PNG

3. BH

4. Vidor

5. BC

6. WB

7. Huffman

8. Nederland

9. Orangefield

10. Buna

Vidor's not better than BC. BC at five is good but i'd put Vidor 8 and move WB to 4.

This is just my uneducated guess.  ;D I really haven't seen enough of the teams yet this year. I do want to get out and see Hicks pitch this year. Also, I'm a big Hester fan.

What about Panola ? You guys gonna cool off before playing Angelina ( my son's a pitcher @ AC )  ??? ??? See ya @ Lufkin on April Fool's Day.  ;)

2 of the 3 bombs came off a sophmore pitcher and they both came after the 7th inning. lets all understand that!They also had 7 runs not that it matters they are not in the same district and it was a scrimmage.I am sure both teams probably played some players that will not always be starting.IMO

Cards versus LCM hit 3 bombs and held the "powerfull" bears to just 5 runs in 10 innings.  Maybe a few should reevaluate who should be number 1.

Amen  8)

So after last night Nederland should be there right? ;D  It's too early to really know who should be number 1.  Coaches are still putting people in different spots just to see what they have.  Nederland is getting Pitts and Dean from basketball starting today.  Should be a fun year. 

Guest BC boy 17

2 of the 3 bombs came off a sophmore pitcher and they both came after the 7th inning. lets all understand that!They also had 7 runs not that it matters they are not in the same district and it was a scrimmage.I am sure both teams probably played some players that will not always be starting.IMO

yeah they had the homers late in the game but the starting lineup didnt bat for the first 3 innings if i remember right

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder