VIDEO......DANAHER WITHDRAWS NAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We'll know that day (Feb. 10) if not sooner.

You think it may be sooner ? Can a school board give complete authority to the Committee ?

They can announce who they are going to present to the school board.  Like Brownwood announced last week that Shipley will be presented to the board tonight.  It's usually just a formality isn't it?

You think it may be sooner ? Can a school board give complete authority to the Committee ?

They can announce who they are going to present to the school board.  Like Brownwood announced last week that Shipley will be presented to the board tonight.  It's usually just a formality isn't it?

You're probably correct, the school board approval is just a formality. Can't see them not approving a recommendation.

yes... I've only seem a board disapprove once and that was with classroom teacher, not an hc/ad.

I thought they were looking for a staff full of energy, excitement and discipline. 

Ya'll had exactly that with Danny Malone. 

And we could have it again with Chris Garrett!  He has already had coaches from Plano, Allen and Duncanville that said they would go anywhere with him. 

Are you Garretts agent? ::) Give it a rest already. You do realize that we don't get a say in who they choose. You are lobbying to the wrong people!

Besides if you look at the programs Faircloth has coached at you would see the same. Westlake and Highland Park are synonymous with Championships as is Permian.

Faircloth hasn't won any championships.

Faircloth was on the staff at Highland Park when they won the state championship in 2005. Since he has been at Permian the last 3 years, they have gone 33-6 and lost one district game. They have finished 10-0 twice in the that 3 year span. He would be the BEST hire for PNG...hands down!!!

Their district is probably the weakest district in Texas. 

You're a fool if you think that is one of the weakest districts in Texas.

I thought they were looking for a staff full of energy, excitement and discipline. 

Ya'll had exactly that with Danny Malone. 

And we could have it again with Chris Garrett!  He has already had coaches from Plano, Allen and Duncanville that said they would go anywhere with him. 

Are you Garretts agent? ::) Give it a rest already. You do realize that we don't get a say in who they choose. You are lobbying to the wrong people!

Besides if you look at the programs Faircloth has coached at you would see the same. Westlake and Highland Park are synonymous with Championships as is Permian.

Faircloth hasn't won any championships.

Faircloth was on the staff at Highland Park when they won the state championship in 2005. Since he has been at Permian the last 3 years, they have gone 33-6 and lost one district game. They have finished 10-0 twice in the that 3 year span. He would be the BEST hire for PNG...hands down!!!

Their district is probably the weakest district in Texas. 

You're a fool if you think that is one of the weakest districts in Texas.

Ok...explain to me how it's so strong. 

District 2-5A

Amarillo

Amarillo Tascosa

Lubbock

Lubbock Coronado

Lubbock Monterey

Midland

Midland Lee

Odessa

Odessa Permian

San Angelo Central

Now...compare that to:

District 8-5A

Allen

Jesuit

McKinney Boyd

Plano

Plano East

Plano West

Wylie

or

District 7-5A

Cedar Hill

Duncanville

Grand Prairie

Irving

Irving Macarthur

Irving Nimitz

South Grand Prairie

Come on man...there is no comparison.  I have respect for Permian...but it's not really a big deal to win that district. 

The committee makes the recomendation to the school board.  Since the committee had board members on it already, its usually just a formality for the board to approve.  The committee scrutinizes these applicants a lot, so when they arrive at a recommendation, its for real.  I feel we will know who the new HC/AD is before February 10th.  The "natives" are gettin restless in PNG land ! ;D

He was the HC during all of this?  Well he probably was not. Consequently the main credit goes to the actual HC.  Sure this Garret guy was only one spoke of the larger wheel.  Again, are you willing to pay big bucks for "on-the-job-training?"  I wouldn't.  IMHO.

Garrett has more championships than all those coaches combined:

As a player

1986 - Plano Wildcats (5AAAAA State Champions)

1987 - Plano Wildcats (5AAAAA State Champions), (Mythical National Champions)

1988 - Navarro College  (Texas Junior College Conference Champions), (Mythical National Champions)

As a coach

2000-2001 - Northeast Oklahoma A&M College (Lone Star Conference Champions - 2nd in conference in overall offense)  ***By the way...N.E.O. has 8 National Championships.

2002-2004 - Mississippi College (Passing Game Coordinator) *Lead the ASC (Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi D-III conference in passing)

2005-2007 - Plano West (Offense ranked 7th in the state in 2006)

2008 - Duncanville (Working with Jeff Dicus, who is known for turning programs around, and took Duncanville to the playoffs for the first time in four years.)

One word is associated with Garrett:  CHAMPION

But, unless you can be 100% sure -- which you cannot -- then are you willing to take a chance on an unproven HC commodity?  My point is: when paying the big bucks, you stick, if available, to the proven HC's. 

You must not know too much about football.  It takes every spoke on the wheel to win championships.  A great head coach is only as good as his assistants.  There are some assistant coaches out there that are a helluva lot  better than some head coaches. 

You must not know too much about football.  It takes every spoke on the wheel to win championships.  A great head coach is only as good as his assistants.  There are some assistant coaches out there that are a helluva lot  better than some head coaches. 

True.

But, unless you can be 100% sure -- which you cannot -- then are you willing to take a chance on an unproven HC commodity?  My point is: when paying the big bucks, you stick, if available, to the proven HC's. 

The only thing in life that you can be 100% sure about is death and taxes. 

Even Tom Landry started out somewhere.  Tex Schramm gave him a shot after he played on a championship team and was assistant coach on a championship team.  He had never been a head coach when he took over the Cowboys. 

The only thing in life that you can be 100% sure about is death and taxes. 

Even Tom Landry started out somewhere.  Tex Schramm gave him a shot after he played on a championship team and was assistant coach on a championship team.  He had never been a head coach when he took over the Cowboys. 

But The Cowboys had never HAD a head coach when Tom Landry took over.

I think Tomlin sums it up the best:

Just a few hours after touching down in Tampa, Steelers Coach Mike Tomlin and some of his top players met the media to talk about this weekend's big game.

As the youngest head coach to lead his team to a Super Bowl, it wasn't surprising that one of the first questions Steelers Tomlin faced when he went before the media centered around his age.

But Tomlin was quick to point out that age is not an issue when it comes to his relationship with his team.

Tomlin told reporters, "I think relationships with players are personality things and not age things."

"I think it's in vogue right now to talk about the youth of coaches, being able to relate to today's athlete and so forth," Tomlin added, "I don't know if I buy into the concept that today's athlete are any different than they were some 20, 30, 40 years ago. I'm a traditionalist in that way and I think that people that have a way with people and can communicate with people and teach people and convey messages to people – they can do it at 35, 45, 55, or even 71, such as the case with Dick LeBeau. I think it's a personality thing and not an age thing."

Tomlin went on to add that it wasn't his goal to form "meaningful, warm and fuzzy relationships" with the team when he took the Steelers head coaching job two years ago.

"It wasn't my intention to go about breaking through to the team," Tomlin told reporters. "I have a job to do as the coach; they have jobs to do as players; and I knew that just over time, that we would get to know one another and have a level of comfort and that I wasn't going to do that day 1, day 2, day 3 or day 10 on the job – that it was something that was going to occur over time."

"I just knew that they would occur eventually," Coach Tomlin added, "And I went about the business of the things that I needed to do on a day-to-day basis to make sure that our program was up and running the way that I desired it to."

Tomlin went on to say that he's always looking to improve. "I'm always going to be open and willing to change if it produces better results. Like every year that I've been in this profession, I analyze the things that I've done and how I potentially could have done some things better to produce a better outcome… I'll always be searching for the ceiling in terms of putting our team in the best position to perform."

As for how it feels to make it to the big game, Tomlin says he's embracing all that comes with it.

Ultimately though, "We're down here to play. We're down here to win!"

This is the hidden content, please

I still have my "reservations" (no pun intended) about Danaher.  Maybe because so much has been said that he's trying to use PNG as leverage for a pay increase from CC.  Also, he stated his "heart" would stay at Calallen.  I don't know......any other thoughts about whether you think he's trying to use PNG as leverage, or does he have "real" intentions?

Again, one can't be totally sure about Danaher's intentions.  But -- he is a proven commodity and I presume he is serious at this point.  If he's not, PN-G was right -- with all the available info at the time -- in being excited about the prospect because of what he has achieved in the past.

I still have my "reservations" (no pun intended) about Danaher.  Maybe because so much has been said that he's trying to use PNG as leverage for a pay increase from CC.  Also, he stated his "heart" would stay at Calallen.  I don't know......any other thoughts about whether you think he's trying to use PNG as leverage, or does he have "real" intentions?

I agree with you.  He just wants a raise.  Plus, PN-G doesn't want an old guy.  They just reassigned one of those. 

I agree with you.  He just wants a raise.  Plus, PN-G doesn't want an old guy.  They just reassigned one of those. 

I didn't  say he was using PNG for a pay raise, but that "so much has been said that he's trying to use PNG for a possible pay increase" from CC.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83