Silsbee 106 Bridge City 42

Guest ST4life

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest aschrapps

Who cares if they could have one by 125. What is the sportsmanship in that? I mean I understand if there is bad blood between teams but what do you accomplish in winning by that? I mean at some point you call off the dogs and work on things in a game situation that need improvement or let younger players or bench kids play.

What's the point in this? I am not sure the fashion in which this was won, press for 4 quarters or what, but busting the century mark on somebody who didn't even make 50 is pointless. I say don't pass up layups, but if any second half points were made outside of 10 feet then this is just pure and simple poor sportsmanship.

What's the point in this? I am not sure the fashion in which this was won, press for 4 quarters or what, but busting the century mark on somebody who didn't even make 50 is pointless. I say don't pass up layups, but if any second half points were made outside of 10 feet then this is just pure and simple poor sportsmanship.

That was not the case, UKCats. Silsbee pressed to start the third quarter but by mid quarter, called it off. Silsbee did most of their scoring in the fourth quarter on BC mistakes, mostly layups and offensive rebound putbacks. The Tigers killed the Cards on the boards.

Man if you get a chance to hit 100 points you hit 100 points. Don't care who you are. So you can take that poor sportsmanship out the door.

Finally somebody who understand. And Silsbee just couldn't help but score 100 point they could have easily went for 150 in my opinion. BC is the one that wanted to play the game too.  They knew the outcome of this game and they took full responsibility for letting Silsbee score that many point on them. So go talk all that noise somewhere else because u wouldn't be on here talking about your team scoring a 100 point on a team. UKCats and Hoop123, be realist please. G**, yall complaining over high school players scoring a 100 point. Get over it!

That's a Varsity game brother.  In addition, you don't want ANY of your players to get in the habit of holding back.  You play the whole game, 110%, and you go home.  If they don't like it, then they will do something about it.  The other team has no liability for your tears other than mopping them off the floor with you.  :o

Man if you get a chance to hit 100 points you hit 100 points. Don't care who you are. So you can take that poor sportsmanship out the door.

Maybe Bridge City, but Orangefields girls could have scored over 100 in 4 district games last year and Coach Jost wouldn't allow it.

Guest ST4life

Finally somebody who understand. And Silsbee just couldn't help but score 100 point they could have easily went for 150 in my opinion. BC is the one that wanted to play the game too.  They knew the outcome of this game and they took full responsibility for letting Silsbee score that many point on them. So go talk all that noise somewhere else because u wouldn't be on here talking about your team scoring a 100 point on a team. UKCats and Hoop123, be realist please. G**, yall complaining over high school players scoring a 100 point. Get over it!

;)

Guest ST4life

can I get a AMEN!!!!! :D

Who cares if they could have one by 125. What is the sportsmanship in that? I mean I understand if there is bad blood between teams but what do you accomplish in winning by that? I mean at some point you call off the dogs and work on things in a game situation that need improvement or let younger players or bench kids play.

Silsbee had 9 kids the non starters scored about 50 of those points didn't press after the start of the 3rd quarter and one of nonstarters fouled out so at any point ther had to be at least 2 starters on the floor

HJ beat Bc 109 to 40 last year don't throw stones when you live in glass house

That's a Varsity game brother.  In addition, you don't want ANY of your players to get in the habit of holding back.  You play the whole game, 110%, and you go home.  If they don't like it, then they will do something about it.  The other team has no liability for your tears other than mopping them off the floor with you.   :o

i like your style mclovin

Guest aschrapps

Bridge City wanted to play Silsbee? They are the ones that make the districts? They took full responsibility? You dont think Bridge City knew they were overmatched and in for a beating. Im not complaining about scoring one hundred but beating an overmatched team by 60 points there is no point to. I absolutely would be on here complaining if Kelly beat a team like this but they wouldnt because coach knowles has been around the game and doesnt encourage that. You dont have to hold back, every team in the area has some sort of a spread that they run and you go into that. IT WAS POOR SPORTSMANSHIP.

It obvious that they knew they were possibly in for a beating and they took it. You need to quit making excuses. All coaches and team know how to pull back if they wanted too. Silsbee is not the only team to be scoring 100 points on a team and you need to confront the coach if you have this problem then. No one on here really cares if you dislike how a team beat another team so keep it to yourself.

Bridge City wanted to play Silsbee? They are the ones that make the districts? They took full responsibility? You dont think Bridge City knew they were overmatched and in for a beating. Im not complaining about scoring one hundred but beating an overmatched team by 60 points there is no point to. I absolutely would be on here complaining if Kelly beat a team like this but they wouldnt because coach knowles has been around the game and doesnt encourage that. You dont have to hold back, every team in the area has some sort of a spread that they run and you go into that. IT WAS POOR SPORTSMANSHIP.

do you just always have something to complain about... it never ends.... all i see is blah blah blah complain complain complain coming from you....

Im not from HJ so what glass house am I living in? What you think because I said something about Silsbee being a poor sport that I must be from HJ or do you just not understand the meaning of the quote you're throwin around. And second of all I would never tell a kid to quit or to pass up on a layup, but I would have them quit shooting three's and look for the open layup. You can also use these types of games as an opportunity to work on some things. Have you ever seen a team need to slow the pace of a game down to protect a small lead in the closing minutes. Silsbee could have worked the ball around a little bit. BC may have played bad, but I am sure they didn't just stand in the circle at half court and leave the goal ungaurded. There are other options.

Guest aschrapps

do you just always have something to complain about... it never ends.... all i see is blah blah blah complain complain complain coming from you....

really you have read all my posts and know what im talking about all the time? if so that is kind of creepy

Im not from HJ so what glass house am I living in? What you think because I said something about Silsbee being a poor sport that I must be from HJ or do you just not understand the meaning of the quote you're throwin around. And second of all I would never tell a kid to quit or to pass up on a layup, but I would have them quit shooting three's and look for the open layup. You can also use these types of games as an opportunity to work on some things. Have you ever seen a team need to slow the pace of a game down to protect a small lead in the closing minutes. Silsbee could have worked the ball around a little bit. BC may have played bad, but I am sure they didn't just stand in the circle at half court and leave the goal ungaurded. There are other options.

silsbee scored the majority of its points in the second half off bridge city missed shots and turnovers... they did what they were taught get the ball out and go thats the style thats has always worked for silsbee run and gun, and when they got it off a dead ball they did run somethings offfensivly they just happen to score everytime they did and BC couldnt answer.... only a couple of threes in second half were even being gaurded by BC are you saying that kids should pass up the opportunity to shoot a wide open 3 in a game situation just because they are ahead by a lot? do NBA teams pass up shots ever?!?! i saw the suns get blown out the other night the team they were playing never slowed down never quit trying to score...

really you have read all my posts and know what im talking about all the time? if so that is kind of creepy

you would love it if anyone payed that much attention to you wouldnt you??

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• What the writer stated wrt crossover votes in the primary/runoff: "Covey and his supporters Paxton and Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick said Phelan only won because Democrats crossed over to vote in the Republican Primary for him. Paxton said Covey’s campaign identified “at least” 1,442 Democrats who voted early in Jefferson County in the primary runoff. Texas does not have party registration, but a voter’s primary voting history is public. The Covey campaign has not released its methodology behind its claim, but  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  by The Texan news website found that 9% of Republican voters in the March District 21 primary had voted in one of the previous four Democratic primaries. However, only 5% of that group had voted in all four previous Democratic primaries. What Phelan’s opponents did not mention is historically Democratic Jefferson County is undergoing a political transition towards the Republican party — the county judge switched his affiliation to the GOP in 2017 — so many residents have a mixed primary voting history. And Phelan’s allies in the House dismissed the idea that liberals swung the election. "I knocked on doors, hundreds and hundreds of doors, made calls for Dade,” Republican Rep. Jeff Leach, R-Plano, said on Mark Davis’ radio program Wednesday. “I did not speak to a single Democrat down here in HD21. Not a single one." "  
    • He's with it enough to do what he's told, beginning day 1 when he signed the order to revoke the Keystone Pipeline project.  But more recently, he's protecting the DOJ, as well as himself ...  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  
    • Most 75-80 year Olds have some type of cognitive impairment. If you are asking if Biden has dementia then my answer is no. That is a Republican talking point. If you all think he has dementia what type do you think he has?
    • A lot better showing from the Ags tonight!   Bring on Oregon 
  • Topics