TOP TEN PLAYERS IN 25-1A

Guest ghostt

Tyler Copeland is the best player in this district, but Daniel Blankenship is next. Copeland is a great all round player but he should be faster for his size on the court. I don't know too much about him playing football. Daniel Blankenship is too a great player, I'll take this kids shot over Copeland's. He's just on an actual team that is why his name isn't as big as Copeland's.

I totally agree I would even go as far as saying Daniel is just as good as Copeland.

Come on now.One team holds Copeland to 27 and then 28 and their pleased.On an off night he hits 17 and people are talking about the defense???If you'll search my post you'll find I said all Blankenship had to do was realize how good he could be and Spurger would be on their way.He is starting to realize that.You'll see on my top 5 players I have him as Spurgers best,because he is,but he isn't in the same league as Tyler Copeland.No one in this district is this year. ;) ;) ;)

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tyler Copeland is the best player in this district, but Daniel Blankenship is next. Copeland is a great all round player but he should be faster for his size on the court. I don't know too much about him playing football. Daniel Blankenship is too a great player, I'll take this kids shot over Copeland's. He's just on an actual team that is why his name isn't as big as Copeland's.

I totally agree I would even go as far as saying Daniel is just as good as Copeland.

Come on now.One team holds Copeland to 27 and then 28 and their pleased.On an off night he hits 17 and people are talking about the defense???If you'll search my post you'll find I said all Blankenship had to do was realize how good he could be and Spurger would be on their way.He is starting to realize that.You'll see on my top 5 players I have him as Spurgers best,because he is,but he isn't in the same league as Tyler Copeland.No one in this district is this year. ;) ;) ;)

Hey all my props to Copeland hes earned my respect and definently deserves it.

Copeland whines too much to make it at the next level.  He'll get his chance, but I'm afraid he'll be in for an eye opener when nobody cares who he is anymore.  He did some whining when Evadale and Hull roughed him up in football and I've seen him whine on the court.  He's reading too many articles about himself.

HE CAN PLAY BASKETBALL, no doubt, he just could be so much better if he wasn't caught up in who he is.  JMO

Let the hatters begin!!!  Most of you know I'm right.    :o :o :o

Any given night may be a different outcome in our overall weak district this year, L.O.L.

This district is weak this year the TALENT level has droped off from past years!!!

Personally i dont understand why everyone is mad about some soph player.... Alright this kid is good for THIS DISTRICT!!! plan and simple he can play with these players and teams so i AGREE he is good but for this district he still has alot to learn!

The only player in this district right now who can play on almost any level is Copeland and that is the truth!!!

But like you said this District is up for grabs and it will be exciting to see who comes out on top this season!!

Copeland, Copeland, Copeland, MVP Copeland only had 17 pts. against Spurger, remember this name Soph. Shain Rawls, because he was the one in Copeland face all night.  Yes, Copeland is a great player, but he also has things to learn & he's a Senior.  And what about Jr. Daniel Blankenship from Spurger who had 33points against WH.  Copeland is overrated, he has turned into a big whin bag, don't remember him whinning as much last year as I have seen him do this year & still needs to learn how to play DEFENSE also.

Copeland is the best player in this district by far sorry if that makes you mad but its TRUE!

So if you were the coach of Spurger or any other team and you are going to play WH what would you do to stop them lets think......... o maby lets throw everything we got at Copeland and double team him all night... 

You need to understand that Basketball is a 5 man game not 1 man you can expect 1 player to drop 30 pts 10 ast 10 rb when he is getting double and triple teamed all night..... and nobody talked about how overrated and terrible defence Tyler played last yr or the yr he was a soph... (WHEN THIS DISTRICT WAS ACTUALLY FULL OF TALENT) but like i said WH just does not have the Talent or experience like previous years and Copeland has to do everything to keep his team in it and that is the TRUTH

When a player gets double teamed he should trust his team and make them better. When I get double teamed my eyes light up and I look for the open man, because that is the best thing for my team. Copeland just puts his head down and goes to work. I would love to see some stats on his assist/game.

Check MAXPREPS and you will see that Copeland scored 41 against Spurger the first time around and his team lost.  Maybe this game he tried to get his teammates more involved.

In that game he had 41 and they still lost. the only other player that had double digits was # 23 10pts. One man cannot make or break a TEAM. Copeland could be so much better in my eyes if he got his team mates involved more. If there is 2 player guarding him someone is open.

He's just a sophomore and he didn't pay a ton last year so if you watched him for years it had to be in little dribblers.I'm not sure that would count JMO  ::) ::) ::)

whsalum and The_Gladiator just wished ur town/team had a point guard like McGallion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't lump me in with The Gladiator.I just made a simple observation.I pick up the paper every week now and look for the best game and that's where I go.I don't have a team,I am a BASKETFALL fan.I have seen just about every team in SeTx this year and comment as to what I see.If you'll look at my post I put Chase in the top 5 players in the district.Which in my opinion he is one of the top 5 but the district overall is weak.My quote above was concerning the "I have watched him for years" statement which I stand by.If he didn't start last year and your midway through the season you had to be watching either Jr.High or Little Dribblers,that's not a put down it's a fact.Sports Talk you are right,if I was starting a team and looking for a good young point guard I would certainly take Chase on my team,I just wouldn't say I had watched him for years.I gotta disagree with Gladiator about Spurgers club,they are headed in the right direction.

Whsalum,  I realize you are saying that younger experience doesn't count as far as hs ball and I don't disagree with you.  I was just trying to respond to the fellow who said he was a joke.  Obviously he has not seen Chase play much or he wouldd not say he cannot handle man pressure. When I said I have watched him for years I wasn't trying to lump his jh or little dribblers play with hs...know it's a different league...simply meant that I know the player and what he can do.  I know that he has not had much hs experience.  He did play quite a bit last year and ended up being a starter towards end of season, I just mean he has always handled well under pressure and is continuing the pattern in his varsity experience.  Wasn't trying to start a debate, just choice of words because I have known him for so long. I agree with you, think Spurger is headed in a good direction.  Glad you come and watch us!

Any given night may be a different outcome in our overall weak district this year, L.O.L.

This district is weak this year the TALENT level has droped off from past years!!!

Personally i dont understand why everyone is mad about some soph player.... Alright this kid is good for THIS DISTRICT!!! plan and simple he can play with these players and teams so i AGREE he is good but for this district he still has alot to learn!

The only player in this district right now who can play on almost any level is Copeland and that is the truth!!!

But like you said this District is up for grabs and it will be exciting to see who comes out on top this season!!

Copeland, Copeland, Copeland, MVP Copeland only had 17 pts. against Spurger, remember this name Soph. Shain Rawls, because he was the one in Copeland face all night.  Yes, Copeland is a great player, but he also has things to learn & he's a Senior.  And what about Jr. Daniel Blankenship from Spurger who had 33points against WH.  Copeland is overrated, he has turned into a big whin bag, don't remember him whinning as much last year as I have seen him do this year & still needs to learn how to play DEFENSE also.

Copeland is the best player in this district by far sorry if that makes you mad but its TRUE!

So if you were the coach of Spurger or any other team and you are going to play WH what would you do to stop them lets think......... o maby lets throw everything we got at Copeland and double team him all night... 

You need to understand that Basketball is a 5 man game not 1 man you can expect 1 player to drop 30 pts 10 ast 10 rb when he is getting double and triple teamed all night..... and nobody talked about how overrated and terrible defence Tyler played last yr or the yr he was a soph... (WHEN THIS DISTRICT WAS ACTUALLY FULL OF TALENT) but like i said WH just does not have the Talent or experience like previous years and Copeland has to do everything to keep his team in it and that is the TRUTH

When a player gets double teamed he should trust his team and make them better. When I get double teamed my eyes light up and I look for the open man, because that is the best thing for my team. Copeland just puts his head down and goes to work. I would love to see some stats on his assist/game.

good point bigtimeplayer.  I agree,  he is a very good player..but reading a defense and being able to adjust is a must.  The best players in the game know how to make assists and are better teams because of it. 

I enjoy watching Spurger.I brought a team over there for years when coach Stappert was there.The kids always play hard and this young coach will do great.In Copelands defense he has absolutely no help.Even when he breaks down the defense WH doesn't have anyone to take the dish and score.So he basically puts the team on his back and does what he can.If you want to see the difference in him and the rest of these kids get some tape of his sophomore season and watch him when he had some players with him.He could really be a special player if he had some help.I don't know why he didn't move down the road to HJ.

I enjoy watching Spurger.I brought a team over there for years when coach Stappert was there.The kids always play hard and this young coach will do great.In Copelands defense he has absolutely no help.Even when he breaks down the defense WH doesn't have anyone to take the dish and score.So he basically puts the team on his back and does what he can.If you want to see the difference in him and the rest of these kids get some tape of his sophomore season and watch him when he had some players with him.He could really be a special player if he had some help.I don't know why he didn't move down the road to HJ.

Probably because football is his first love and football will be paying his college tuition. 

Probably because football is his first love and football will be paying his college tuition. 

WHERES HE SIGNING TOO?????

DOES HE KNOW WHERE HE WANTS TO GO????

Hands down Chase McGallion is the best TRUE point guard in the district. I dont think that there is anyone that can compare. He played point alot last year as a freshmen and started this year. His handles and court vision set him aside as far as being a PG.

no i dont want a point on my team that gets mad when somebody gets up in his face a little bit and starts makin bad decisions... i'll keep my point pls never say somethin like that again about an overated soph. who's town is tryin to make look good because they're desperate and dont wanna admitt that spurger basketball is goin down the drain!!!!!!

[/quote

CALLING OUT The_Gladiator:  If Spurger basketball is going down the drain!!!!!! Then answer this question. When will Evadale ever get out of the drain?????? 

This only pretains to The_Gladiator, nothing against Evadale or their players & that's the truth

The Pirates should have proven to the The_Gladiator in Evadale tonight, that they are not going down the drain and can overcome bumps in the court

Copeland is a better basketball player than he is a football player.I can't see him playing football unless it would be at a small Juco or possibly a D-3 school and there isn't a ton of tuition money there.If that's his first love I wish him the best but 6'4" guards who can shoot the long ball and handle the ball like he can are a pretty rare commodity.

Hands down Chase McGallion is the best TRUE point guard in the district. I dont think that there is anyone that can compare. He played point alot last year as a freshmen and started this year. His handles and court vision set him aside as far as being a PG.

no i dont want a point on my team that gets mad when somebody gets up in his face a little bit and starts makin bad decisions... i'll keep my point pls never say somethin like that again about an overated soph. who's town is tryin to make look good because they're desperate and dont wanna admitt that spurger basketball is goin down the drain!!!!!!

[/quote

CALLING OUT The_Gladiator:  If Spurger basketball is going down the drain!!!!!! Then answer this question. When will Evadale ever get out of the drain?????? 

This only pretains to The_Gladiator, nothing against Evadale or their players & that's the truth

The Pirates should have proven to the The_Gladiator in Evadale tonight, that they are not going down the drain and can overcome bumps in the court

Where is The_Gladiator??????????????????????????????

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder