Post Tournament And Friday scores here

I know its early and I do not wish to be critical.  I am glad that nederland is in tournaments against the houston area teams.  I believe playing the better teams will make us stronger in the long run.  why are we not getting shots on goal?  Why do we have only one forward?  This group of boys has a pretty good core of athletes so is there a strategy in place that I do not see? Are our defenders not good enough so that the outside mids don't have to return to defend but instead be more involved in shooting at the opponents goal?  I'm going to take a deep breath and believe that coach B will figure out what is best for our team.  I am no soccer wizard by any means but I don't care if you have the best defense in the world, if you can't kick the ball towards the opponents goal, forget about it. ???

I know its early and I do not wish to be critical.  I am glad that nederland is in tournaments against the houston area teams.  I believe playing the better teams will make us stronger in the long run.  why are we not getting shots on goal?  Why do we have only one forward?  This group of boys has a pretty good core of athletes so is there a strategy in place that I do not see? Are our defenders not good enough so that the outside mids don't have to return to defend but instead be more involved in shooting at the opponents goal?  I'm going to take a deep breath and believe that coach B will figure out what is best for our team.  I am no soccer wizard by any means but I don't care if you have the best defense in the world, if you can't kick the ball towards the opponents goal, forget about it. ???

Wow.  One loss and the bleacher coaches are already showing up.   ::)  Thanks for the support.  I'm looking forward to my birthday card...

This is the same formation that put 20 shots on goal last Friday against Memorial and had several good scoring opportunities against an excellent Lumberton team in the second scrimmage.  Apparently it went unnoticed, but we ran with two forwards for the majority of the second half, as well.  All in all, it doesn't matter what formation you run, when the other team competes harder, wins the 50-50 balls, and has better touch they will usually come out ahead.

And the day that our outside midfielders are not asked to defend is the day that there is a new coach in Nederland - which would please you it seems.  Defending is a TEAM action, not an individual one.

The first thing the Kingwood Park coach said to me last night was, "Man, you guys looked flat."  I'll take the blame for that.  Team preparation is on my back.  But to blame our formation or philosophy is lame.

The success of Nederland soccer has always depended on the amount of hustle, the amount of effort, and the sheer determination to WIN - not PLAY. 

I know it's early and I don't wish to be critical, but you know how to get in touch with me instead of blasting me on a public forum hiding behind a screen name...

Win a game 1-0 or lose a game 8-7. Sounds like this Ned parent would rather lose 8-7.  Its not about the record coach,  sounds like its about someone not having to run but allowed to be getting shots on goal.  I would feel better knowing that the kids are told the rite things and  watch kids play their positions the correct way.  Its easy to sit and be critical of something you dont understand, and obviously OCM doesnt understand.  Watching an event doesnt mean we  know that sport and the logistics of attacking.  When these guys were under ten and under nine sure you can have three kids standing along the back line and boot the heck out of it to a very good player who then dribbles the whole way and scores, but when they go to a big field the game is completely different..   I can guarantee you this much.  Coach B, two professional players, and several other knowledgeable players and people will tell this person the same thing and they will still believe  "their" wrong ways.  Dont waste your energy worrying about this person as they can destroy a team or two.  The Nederland team is a great group and know how to play.  The coach and assistant coaches care and know what to do. Be thankful for that.  THEY LOVE the sport and put up with the headaches because of their love for THEIR TEAM. So you parents sitting around criticizing the strategies and other players, or coaches at supper, remember you get what you give.   One loss and time to hang the coach.   GO DOGS................ 

Didn't mean to start such a storm.  I thought the forum was a chance for folks like me who really do not understand all of the aspects of the game to voice an opinion.  I certainly did not mean for you to take it so personal.  The fans (for the most part) really do support the kids and the coaches.  My post was mainly questions not an attack.  Would you rather we not talk about anything?  Just an observer who gives a hoot and wanted to ask a few questions.  I was fully aware I was out on a limb since the games have just started but after seeing the same things for so long, I was just curious.  Do not hammer me for a few questions and comments.  Maybe put that energy into generating a consistent outing.

I'm no expert by any stretch, but I was very impressed with Nederland's system of play when I watched the Lumberton scrimmage last week and I don't have any allegiance to either team.  Nederland was very well balanced, built their attack well and I believe they had several more shots on goal than Lumberton during the scrimmage.  I thought if there was any break down in that scrimmage it was a couple of defensive miscues against a very talented Lumberton attack. 

Strange part is you guys have played a total of three games.  Scored 4 in a game against Memorial, and a goal against Lumberton.  Have had many opportunites to score.  And already second guessing strategy.  These are 15-18 year old boys to young men.  Scoring is not easy and neither is developing the opportunity to score.  Lay off and let the coaches do their job.  Good or bad they are in charge.

The system coach B runs is the type that can win playoff games. He could probably put 3 guys up forward and beat Silsbee 13-0, but that style will get you beat 6-1 against some of the powerhouses they will face. This is the time to get it right and it will be for the best in the long run.

I guess having a comment means I am laying into coach?  I very much respect coach.  I will try not to make any more negetive comments.  I just want to see us win.

Thought nederland came out very strong today against KW.  The 1st 20 minutes were a joy to watch.  Everybody playing defense and excellent passing.  Saw some passion.  Now all we need to do is sustain it. I haven't seen the score posted so I will -> 1-1

What a difference a day makes!

Nederland 1

Kingwood Park  1

Nederland played great in the first half in every aspect of the game...except the scoreboard.  A counter attack goal with three and half minutes left in the first half put KP up 1-0.  Nederland led in shots 6 to 3.  

In the second half, the dim-witted Nederland coaching staff decided to once again switch from a 4-5-1 to a 4-4-2 formation which led to... wait for it... not yet... ready... HOORAY! Nederland led the second half in shots 6 to 3!!!!  Wait.  What do you mean that's no different than the first half?!?!  Whatever!  Anyway, Bay Callaway put an absolutely brilliant free kick (

) into the upper left corner from 30 yards out with about 15 minutes left in the game to tie the score.

Today, Brazoswood beat Katy Seven Lakes 3-0 which means:

If KP loses to B'wood

and

Nederland beats K7L

it comes down to Goals For/Goals Against.

I'm not going into the math of it all because I teach English and I don't want to sprain my brain, but a B'wood win 3-0 and a Big Ned win 3-0 puts the Dogs into the 3rd place match.

Guest Brubaker

To have watched Bon Mot play was a joy that's tough to describe, guy had balls and threw em out there every night for his team.  Any father would be lucky to have their son play for this guy.

The system coach B runs is the type that can win playoff games. He could probably put 3 guys up forward and beat Silsbee 13-0, but that style will get you beat 6-1 against some of the powerhouses they will face. This is the time to get it right and it will be for the best in the long run.

Not this year bro... They are good, but, have you seen us play lately?

This is ridiculous. Your system (Bon) obviously works, you shouldnt have to defend yourself. The people who know soccer will write ignorant comments off. It's different if someone comes to your defense but continuing a conversation, yourself, about soccer with someone who has admitted that he/she doesnt know much about the game and using somewhat instigatory (think i just made that word up) dialogue kind of lowers a persons moral fiber in my book and im sure  a few other people feel the same way. There comes a time when you should stop. And this is my time... Good luck with the tournament and the rest of the year, yall are going to do great. I hope you make it deep in the play-offs.

This is ridiculous. Your system (Bon) obviously works, you shouldnt have to defend yourself. The people who know soccer will write ignorant comments off. It's different if someone comes to your defense but continuing a conversation, yourself, about soccer with someone who has admitted that he/she doesnt know much about the game and using somewhat instigatory (think i just made that word up) dialogue kind of lowers a persons moral fiber in my book and im sure  a few other people feel the same way. There comes a time when you should stop. And this is my time... Good luck with the tournament and the rest of the year, yall are going to do great. I hope you make it deep in the play-offs.

AGREED...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder