Orangefield 51 @ Coldsprings 54

Bobcat1

This is the hidden content, please

Dont forget to check here for scores, its been posted there for over an hour.  The score was Coldspring 54 Orangefield 51.  In the first half Orangefield was limited to one shot on offense while giving CS a second chance shot on almost every possession.  They picked it up and played better in the 2nd half, erasing a 9 point lead in the 3rd quarter.  They didnt rebound very well for the game despite the fact that Coldsprings didnt have much size.  They had the ball down 2 on their last possession and gave it to Hayes in the post and he missed and there appeared to be contact but no call.  The coaches and fans were all over the official on that one.  Orangefield got the rebound on the 2nd missed free throw and Hayes missed a shot just inside half court to end the game.  All in all they didnt play that well and only played good in spurts in the 2nd half.  Theyre gonna have to pick it up and play well for 4 quarters if they expect to make the playoffs.  Coldsprings wasnt as good as last years team and although i heard they were missing a good player.  I feel confident if Orangefield gets them again on a neutral court in the playoffs they can win.  If they dont start playing more consistent though, there will be on playoffs.

So wait -- are you telling me that District 22-3A beat District 21-3A...?!?   :'(

And didn't Cleveland beat Silsbee a week or two ago.....?

Yes Ulrich, right now 22-3A has the bragging rights, but wait until the first round of the playoffs and then 21-3A runner up and 3rd place teams will beat the 22-3A runner up and 3rd place team.

Who will be your runner up and 3rd place team in district 22-3A????

It's tough to tell right now. 

Cleveland is looking like the top team of the district.

Behind them, it's tough to tell.  Coldspring has been up and down this year, so they're hard to read. 

The #2 & #3 spots could conceivably go to any combination of Coldspring, Liberty, Shepherd, or Splendora.  Huffman and Tarkington look like they might be on the low end of the totem pole this year...

It's tough to tell right now. 

Cleveland is looking like the top team of the district.

Behind them, it's tough to tell.  Coldspring has been up and down this year, so they're hard to read. 

The #2 & #3 spots could conceivably go to any combination of Coldspring, Liberty, Shepherd, or Splendora.  Huffman and Tarkington look like they might be on the low end of the totem pole this year...

I have seen Cleveland, Coldspring, Liberty, Splendora and Tarkington play this season. Cleveland wins this district easily. If you are considering Liberty, Coldspring and Splendora in the mix for the other playoff spots, then this district is very weak.

21-3A will win both playoff games, no matter who we have representing us.

So wait -- are you telling me that District 22-3A beat District 21-3A...?!?   :'(

And didn't Cleveland beat Silsbee a week or two ago.....?

But its 21-3A Ulrich!?! Lol.....Im in 22-3A, and believe Coldspring will be the runner up and DID beat OF, which they claim will be the 3rd place team to beat '22' runner up. I believe Cleveland and Coldspring will win their games, and still not sure 3rd will be....Between Huffman, Splendora, Liberty

It's just a good thing that you guys are so modest about District 21.   ;) ;)

Well, i wasnt trying to say anything bad about district 22 when i was talking about the game.  But when you consider they've been struggling the past few weeks and played CS on the road, in front of like 10 of their fans, lol, and still had a chance to win the game late.  Hayes got a no call on the final possession that was very questionable, i think on a neutral court he'd be shooting 2 free throws down 2 with 5 seconds left.  Thats just one the things about playing on the road though.  Thats why i said i'm confident next time they play they would have a good chance to win.  They'd be playing them on a neutral site in front of a big crowd behind them.  

But i think 4 teams in 21-3A would make the playoffs if they played with 22-3A, thats just my opinion.

I don't disagree that 21-3A has more competitive teams throughout the entire district, just trying to give Kudos to 22-3A for both games. Cleveland will be good year in year out, usually starting 5 sophs....A junior started against Silsbee cause of an injury...Scary

I don't disagree that 21-3A has more competitive teams throughout the entire district, just trying to give Kudos to 22-3A for both games. Cleveland will be good year in year out, usually starting 5 sophs....A junior started against Silsbee cause of an injury...Scary

The youth will likely hurt them in this year's playoffs, but if they all stay in school and at Cleveland this group of Sophomore's may be the team to beat in Region 3 and in the State the next two seasons!!!!!!!

Best of Luck to Cleveland and all teams in 22-3A this season!!!!

The youth will likely hurt them in this year's playoffs, but if they all stay in school and at Cleveland this group of Sophomore's may be the team to beat in Region 3 and in the State the next two seasons!!!!!!!

Best of Luck to Cleveland and all teams in 22-3A this season!!!!

Now you're just sucking up. ;D

First - I do not have a dog in this fight.

But - Here goes my Karma.

To the poster that stated that 4 teams from 21-3a would make the playoffs if they were in the 22-3A district must just ignore the scores.  I will say that through the years 21-3A has had a head and fist advantage over the teams from 22-3A - but this year that is not the case.

Cleveland beat the probable 21-3A winner by 11

Coldsprings beat OF in a close game - is not OF predicted to be the 2rd team in 21-3A

To make the statement - after reviewing these facts - that the top 4 teams in 21-3A are better than any of the teams in 22-3A after losing to them is kind of hard to believe.

Ohhhhh- that's right - the best teams in 21-3A never really lose they just either didn't show up that night or the refs stole the game or in this case "it was the hometeam advantage".

Just admit that finally the teams from 22-3A have at least 2 teams that can compete and beat the better teams from 21-3A and then move on.

Guest bleed orange

To early to tell. I guess we will just have to wait and see. I hope you are not pinning you hopes on Cleveland. They have always been undisciplined and always will.  ;D They will self explode.

I have followed district 22-3A for a long time and Bleed Orange you are 100% right - Cleveland has always had athletes just no disipline on or off the court.  But this year these kids are young and appear to be a cut above past Cleveland athletes on and off the court - they play well as a team and are very young and from what I hear ar very good students.

But you are also right - lets play the games and see where the chips will fall - so far 22-3A is holding its own - well at least Cleveland and Coldsprings.  I will not argue that he rest of the district - in basketball - is not the strongest in the area.

To the poster that stated that 4 teams from 21-3a would make the playoffs if they were in the 22-3A district must just ignore the scores.  I will say that through the years 21-3A has had a head and fist advantage over the teams from 22-3A - but this year that is not the case.

Coldsprings beat OF in a close game - is not OF predicted to be the 2rd team in 21-3A

To make the statement - after reviewing these facts - that the top 4 teams in 21-3A are better than any of the teams in 22-3A after losing to them is kind of hard to believe.

Ohhhhh- that's right - the best teams in 21-3A never really lose they just either didn't show up that night or the refs stole the game or in this case "it was the hometeam advantage".

Just admit that finally the teams from 22-3A have at least 2 teams that can compete and beat the better teams from 21-3A and then move on.

Who is your dog OldTimer???

Also OF is not the projected 2nd place team.  OF will either be 3rd or 4th.

Again OF lost by 3 at Coldsprings.  Neutral site I think that OF would win.

We shall see in the playoffs.  See you in about a month in the playoffs, if your dog makes it.

I know Old Timer your response was to the statement i made that 4 teams would make the playoffs in 22-3A.  I made that statement based on a lot of info.  I watch a lot of games, just ask the Hoopinsider.  I've talked to a coach in the district and plus from what i've read online has said that its Cleveland 1st, Coldspring 2nd, then between Liberty, Huffman, Splendora and Shepherd for 3rd place.  I've seen Liberty and Huffman play a couple times and seen a lot of Shepherd, Splendora scores.  OF and WOS are close and will battle it out for 3rd place likely.  Coldspring has already beaten Huffman by 21, Shepherd by 9, Tarkington by 14, and Splendora by 21.  So if you can see why i would say 4 teams would make the playoffs in that district when the 3rd or 4th place team in district 21 takes the 2nd place team in district 22 down to the wire at their gym.  I cant say it would happen for sure that 4 teams would make the playoffs in that district, but based on what i've seen and heard, i think it is very likely it could happen.

Shepherd will get the 3rd place spot in 22-3A.  ;D

They're very much improved from last year and continue to get better every week. The new coach is doing a great job as far as i can tell, and has the entire community behind him. 8)

No way ;D ;D ;D ;D

yes way  :P :P :P

and then who do you pick for your 3rd place team in 22-3A?

Shepherd will get the 3rd place spot in 22-3A.  ;D

They're very much improved from last year and continue to get better every week. The new coach is doing a great job as far as i can tell, and has the entire community behind him. 8)

No way ;D ;D ;D ;D

I agree...No way

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83