Angelina Hits Field to start 2009

Bears

My bad for leaving out Chase he will be a key to our Middle relief with that nasty stuff he throws.

Remember I am from the Golden Triangle so local would mean inside that triangle but Thamm has forced me out of my comfort zone......

According to mine the practices have been very sharp...Rowell has moved behind the plate and we are now very strong there with him and Johnson.

My bad for leaving out Chase he will be a key to our Middle relief with that nasty stuff he throws.

Remember I am from the Golden Triangle so local would mean inside that triangle but Thamm has forced me out of my comfort zone......

According to mine the practices have been very sharp...Rowell has moved behind the plate and we are now very strong there with him and Johnson.

LOL.. ;D

Hey Eagle, next time your there look for a small tribute of a close friend of mines son, he played at West Brook and then for Coach Levin at Ang., he was killed in a car wreck up there, last time I was there (97) they had just got it. 

Watched a little practice on sunday and man is there some talent out there, to quote a Coach " The best talent he has ever had at Angelina, now if he can work them hard enough to play up to the talent level.

Some moves made, Rowell from LCM has moved behind the plate and will split time with Chris Jones-A&M Cons.

Hernandez looks great at first, Andreas-Brenh. has picked his game up at Third but no depth behind him, the middle could have the best battle Dugas-LCM,Laird-Ned and Garcia-Pflu. will battle for 2 positions. OF looks good with Serna-WB and Prestera-HC along with Padgett-BH. Some young depth behind the OF and Local Kenny Allison-Cent. is looking bettter and better. Rotation I keep hearing is Rackel-MC,Benividous-Friend,Thamm-BH and Smith-Foster as the 4 but Parker-Splen will also get a look, watch for Tatum-Lufk. to close.

More to follow.....

Watched a little practice on sunday and man is there some talent out there, to quote a Coach " The best talent he has ever had at Angelina, now if he can work them hard enough to play up to the talent level.

Some moves made, Rowell from LCM has moved behind the plate and will split time with Chris Jones-A&M Cons.

Hernandez looks great at first, Andreas-Brenh. has picked his game up at Third but no depth behind him, the middle could have the best battle Dugas-LCM,Laird-Ned and Garcia-Pflu. will battle for 2 positions. OF looks good with Serna-WB and Prestera-HC along with Padgett-BH. Some young depth behind the OF and Local Kenny Allison-Cent. is looking bettter and better. Rotation I keep hearing is Rackel-MC,Benividous-Friend,Thamm-BH and Smith-Foster as the 4 but Parker-Splen will also get a look, watch for Tatum-Lufk. to close.

More to follow.....

Nice job, Bears. Keep it coming 'til I can get up there.  ;D

Man, am I ready. I may try to drive up this Saturday if they practice or scrimmage.

OK update time, it appears the starters for the opening series against Blinn will be Trey Rackel and Kendal Thamm, nice combination these two are very solid, Positions are still competing as we speak, the MIF looks to be down to 3 Laird,Garcia and Dugas. Also Dugas has been playing some LF as of late to help with the depth.

I like Rowell to open up at catcher, Hernandez 1B, Andreas-3B, Padgett-RF, Prestera-CF, Serna-LF(if not injured) if Serna is injured look for Crenshaw or Dugas(if not at SS/2B) to play LF.

Also on a sad note please remember Kenny Allison in your prayers his Father passed away on Sunday after a long illness. Kenny is a great kid.

No doubt. Angelina will play San Jac twice this year, both single games. Monday, March 16th and Monday, April 6th.  San Jac is in the South zone and Angelina in the East...then we will not see them until the conference tournament.

I'll be in Lufkin on Saturday...will check out the tribute/memorial you mentioned about your friend's son. I keep meaning to ask my son about it, but my mind doesn't seem to remember everything these days.  ;)

Was able to catch the intersquad yesterday, and nothing has changed about this team, still should be a fine team. Saw Benividous on the hill he looks really strong, Parker and Geake along with Berrera and Tatum and Aldrich all threw, Gaeke has some interesting stuff from the left side both Aldrich and Tatum throw hard.

Hitting is starting to come on, looking good yesterday was Rowell,Andreas both with shots to LF, Rakel and Hernandez can hit, really good team speed, there was a couple of outstanding backhands and diving in the middle by a certain SS that had Coach Livin fired up....his name I will leave off so I don't show bias.

This team is ready, few nagging injuries but so far no major ones. Let's get this party started......

Confirmed batterymate assignments for doubleheader against Blinn tomorrow starting @ 12:00.

Game # 1-- Trey Rackel ( RH/soph/Mayde Creek ) starts on the mound w/ Chris Jones ( fres/A & M Consolidatd ) behind the plate.

Game # 2--a couple of locals....Kendall Thamm (LH/fres/Barbers Hill ) on the mound w/ Jake Rowell ( soph/LCM ) behind the plate.

Good luck Roadrunners !

AC baseball opens season with pair of losses

By AC News Service

The Lufkin Daily News

Saturday, January 31, 2009

The Angelina College Roadrunners picked a mighty tough team with which to open their 2009 campaign, with Blinn's Buccaneers getting numerous pre-season votes as one of the nation's top junior college programs.

The Bucs proved those voters knew their business with a pair of wins over AC in Saturday's regular-season opening games for both teams.

Complete Story> 

This is the hidden content, please

AC baseball opens season with pair of losses

By AC News Service

The Lufkin Daily News

Saturday, January 31, 2009

The Angelina College Roadrunners picked a mighty tough team with which to open their 2009 campaign, with Blinn's Buccaneers getting numerous pre-season votes as one of the nation's top junior college programs.

The Bucs proved those voters knew their business with a pair of wins over AC in Saturday's regular-season opening games for both teams.

Complete Story> 

This is the hidden content, please

I have to agree that Blinn will be one of the top JUCO's in the nation this year. Angelina did not play bad. Pitchers made a couple of mistakes that hurt them. Play @ Temple on Wednesday. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont