HS Football..How Does It make You Feel?

Guest Living 4 Friday Nights

We have two of your Coaches over here in Huffman (Jones and Deberry) on our staff. Deberry's son is a very nice kid and good football player. Good luck to your son and Dayton this year as many over here are pulling for you'all from Huffman.

i love friday nights... im used to being in the stands yellin for all my friends... now every one ive ever played with is out there under the lights... right now im on the injured reserve haha but im on the field with with all the guys from warmups till the buzzard of the fourth quarter...i stand in the middle of them all as they go through pregame stretches and every time i hear the whistle and two claps i get chills...when i look at the lights.. my heart races... when we have a big play im jumpin up and down on the sidelines...friday nights is the biggest rush of energy u can get...my heart goes out to the lumberton raiders of 06...time for a turn around boys

• 1 year later...

I was in North Carolina during Rita and went to a high school football game...  Its not the same in other states!

I did the same thing in Alabama.  It was pretty cool though, Alabama thinks alot like Texas when it come to football.

What I always thought was cool, is how total strangers knew who you were when playing Varsity ball.  They come up to you in a store or somewhere and say "Man, yall played good last night!" or "good luck tomorrow."  It was pretty cool.

I did the same thing in Alabama.  It was pretty cool though, Alabama thinks alot like Texas when it come to football.

What I always thought was cool, is how total strangers knew who you were when playing Varsity ball.  They come up to you in a store or somewhere and say "Man, yall played good last night!" or "good luck tomorrow."  It was pretty cool.

It's hard to describe the felling, I guess everyone here understands.  Absolutely can't wait for Friday nights.  Evacuated to Georgetown during Rita and went to a game there.

Guest coch_hound_sugga

I wait for football season all year just because of Friday night. All the hard work I put in when I was a player paid off when I got to step on the field and the same holds true now that I am a coach. Friday night in Texas is special. It is a way of life and if you are not from here you would not understand.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami