Today's live updates at East Chambers tournament/HJ WINS TOURNEY!

Not as pretty as the previous win over Hitchcock, but a W is a W.  Props to Hitchcock's heart-- they really brought it tonight.  Jarvis was tournament MVP.  Our Big Three played great all tournament long.  Seniors Jon Spell and Dylan Klages contributed valuable minutes and hit some timely 3s.  Gus did a solid job of running the point.  Overall, it looks like the Hawks are improving.

Agreed Slam..........ugly W, but a W is a W!!!!!!!!

Hitchcock played agressive tonight and created a bunch of Hawk TO's and the Bulldogs capitalized on those TO's.  HJ was poor again from the line and from downtown.  HJ played well tonight.........just well enough to win.  I see a few more players getting involved which well help prepare them for district.

EC Holiday Classic All Tournament Team

Cory Adams-Hamshire-Fannett

E.J. Cockrell-Kelly

Michael Farace-Liberty Hill

Stephan Alfred-Newton

Zach Hayes-Orangefield

Jacob Tackett-Tarkington

Donte Raymond-EC

Roddrick Gilmore-Hitchcock

Jacoby Turner-HJ

Jarvis Bernard-HJ

Congratulations to Coach Sutherland, Coach Davis, Coach Lee and the Hawks on a well played tournament. It was a great three days of basketball...but I'm glad it's over!

It was great to meet Aggiesarewe yesterday and thanks for the great coverage. Keep up the good work!

Happy New Year!

Coach Andrews

Agreed Slam..........ugly W, but a W is a W!!!!!!!!

Hitchcock played agressive tonight and created a bunch of Hawk TO's and the Bulldogs capitalized on those TO's.  HJ was poor again from the line and from downtown.  HJ played well tonight.........just well enough to win.  I see a few more players getting involved which well help prepare them for district.

Sounds like the beginning of the end ;D  Move over HJ

I watched HJ play several games and Burrell just looks out of sync right now.  Granted, we made him look like an all american and he had his best game but other than that he played ok.  I still think he brings alot to that team, just looks like he is trying to find his roll.  Great job by the hawks though, always find a way to win.

HJ played very well at points in this tourney and not so great at other points but we still came out with first place so that is all that matters trey didnt get all tourney because jacoby and jarvis made it it really could have been any combination of the big three getting named they all played well this tourney...but one thing is a sure thing pool c consisting of HJ Hithcock and Kelly was defintely the best pool in the tournement placing 1st 2nd and 3rd

HJ played very well at points in this tourney and not so great at other points but we still came out with first place so that is all that matters trey didnt get all tourney because jacoby and jarvis made it it really could have been any combination of the big three getting named they all played well this tourney...but one thing is a sure thing pool c consisting of HJ Hithcock and Kelly was defintely the best pool in the tournement placing 1st 2nd and 3rd

I watched a lot of this tournament and i would have to agree with you about Pool C.  Pool A turned out to be by far the weakest in the tournament, and that had a lot to do with why Hitchcock made it to the finals.  I will give them credit for beating Kelly though.  But if the pools were evened out, and they had a team like Liberty Hill to play in the 2nd round instead of EC, i dont know if they couldve survived 2 tough games and made it to the finals.  This was mentioned earlier, but i didnt like the bracket setup where if you lost the 2nd round game in the winners bracket, your next game was basically pointless.  I thought Liberty Hill was one of the 3 best teams in the tournament, but because they lost to Kelly in the 2nd round, they ended up playing for nothing instead of consolation, 5th or 3rd place.  I also thought that kid Farace, #15 for Liberty Hill was the best player in the tournament.  If i were voting for MVP, i'd give it to him but i know it usually goes to the player on the winning team.  All in all i thought it was a very good tournament with some good games.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124