Which Coach would be the best fit for Memorial's football team?

ice74

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's funny...you have one coach getting run out of town on a rail for having a smash mouth offense and another school beggin for it...maybe this solution is easy, let Burnett and Thompson switch schools and everyone should be happy then...right???

I still think this idea has merit if you listen to these boards...a simple trade with Burnett going to PAM for some good ole smashmouth football and RT to PNG so you guys can air it out...whatcha think SFA?

;):D ;D :o 8) ???

Here's my list (since we won't get one from Boob West):

Crawford of North Forest

Wilson of Lamar Consolidated

Homes of Galveston Ball

Suggs formerly of Nimitz

Stowars of Central

Of those listed, Wilson has 2 rings to go with the fact of turning LC's program around 5 years ago...

and former Ozen Coach Arthur Louis

Crawford of North Forest

Homes of Galveston Ball

Suggs formerly of Nimitz

Stowars of Central

Of those listed, Wilson has 2 rings to go with the fact of turning LC's program around 5 years ago...

and former Ozen Coach Arthur

bring back the alumni of jimmy johnson with todd dodge as the oc

Guest rykerx144

Crawford of North Forest

Homes of Galveston Ball

Suggs formerly of Nimitz

Stowars of Central

and former Ozen Coach Arthur

bring back the alumni of jimmy johnson with todd dodge as the oc

thats right if your going to dream then dream big right

PA MEMORIAL is a North Shore waiting to happen, I know Memorial has 200lb fullbacks on campass and a 6'4"tight end somewhere, and defense should never be a weakness. They may not win state titles every year but they should go 3 or 4 rounds deep every year with the right head coach...

PAM will never be North Shore. The reason why NS has so many athletes is because they have 4200 students. That's twice as many as PAM has to choose from. PAM can and should be a regular playoff team and have an occassional deep playoff run with the right coach no doubt, but the numbers will hurt them from being a yearly top 10.

I agree with SFA on this one. Suggs!

PA MEMORIAL is a North Shore waiting to happen, I know Memorial has 200lb fullbacks on campass and a 6'4"tight end somewhere, and defense should never be a weakness. They may not win state titles every year but they should go 3 or 4 rounds deep every year with the right head coach...

PAM will never be North Shore. The reason why NS has so many athletes is because they have 4200 students. That's twice as many as PAM has to choose from. PAM can and should be a regular playoff team and have an occassional deep playoff run with the right coach no doubt, but the numbers will hurt them from being a yearly top 10.

I agree with SFA on this one. Suggs!

Galena Park ISD has 2 schools....one of which is not good at football and is a 4a school Galena Park, and another which is 5a and is normally a State Contender North Shore...you do the math, but im guessing their pool is even bigger than 4200....

i have no dog in this coachign discussion (other than i went to Sterling so i dont really want yall beating us again lol)...but PAM has the talent to consistantly go a couple rounds in the playoffs every year and make a State Title run maybe every 5-10 years...

you must be a friend of his. lol cause he's not gonna be the next coach.

THIS GOES OUT TO ALL OF YOU GUYS THAT WOULD LIKE TO PURSUE A COACH FROM ANOTHER AREA. I HEAR EVERYONE SAYING ALL THESE OTHER SO CALLED GREAT COACHES (SUGGS) THAT IS LOADED WITH STUDENTS, SIZE AND TALENT,BUT NONE OF THEM HAS WON A STATE TITLE OR EVEN CONTENDED FOR ONE ON THE 5A LEVEL, TO THE BEST OF MY KNOWLEDGE. MY SON ATTENDS CINCO RANCH IN KATY. NONE OF HIS COORDINATORS TEACH CLASSES, WHICH MEANS THEY STRICTLY STUDY THERE OPPONENTS WITHOUT ANY DISTRACTIONS AT ALL. THAT HOLDS TRUE FOR ALL KATY SCHOOLS, NO COORDINATORS TEACH CLASSES. MAYBE PAISD SHOULD TRY THAT SINCE KATY WON STATE AGAIN, CINCO WENT 3 DEEP, AND KATY TAYLOR WENT 3 DEEPS ALSO. I THINK KENNY CARES MORE ABOUT YOUR STUDENTS THAN A STRANGER, AND HE PROVES IT BY HIS DEDICATION TO THEM DAILY.

PLEASE STOP. IT'S GUYS LIKE YOU THAT MISINFORMS THE PUBLIC. YOU ARE CORRECT, SUGGS IS NO STRANGER TO P.A., AS A MATTER OF A FACT DURING HIS ONE YEAR TENURE AT TJ, UNDER LARRY WALKER HE WENT 0-9-1, IS THIS WHAT WE WANT. AND ACCORDING TO THE TEXAS HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL MAGAZINE NIMITZ HAS EXACTLY 4007 STUDENTS, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CHECK IT YOURSELF. AND IF SUGGS IS SO GREAT WHY IS HE ON THE HOT SEAT(THINK ABOUT) AND DONT FORGET MEMORIAL HAD TO PLAY HISD, ALSO AND KH WAS THE OC WHEN WE FINISHED AS CO-CHAMPS TWO YEARS AGO. WE BEAT HUMBLE AND COLBERT. IT SOUNDS LIKE KH IS BETTER ON PAPER. I DO MY HOMEWORK, I DONT JUST GET ON HERE AND BASH. I ONLY MENTIONED KATY, BECAUSE WE SHOULD PATTERN AFTER SUCCESS. AND THEY HAVE PROVEN THEIR SYSTEM WORKS

Dude, read the forum rules...........

6) NO SHOUTING!!- (Use of "Caps Lock") The standard practice on most message boards, forums, emails, web pages, etc. is that the use of all caps is regarded as SHOUTING!!

It takes a very big line and a great back to run a strickly run offense.  I agree with SFA you develop your running game and use the pass to keep them honest.  A spread offense is used for teams that cannot develop a good running game and is hard to run accurately and is easily adjusted too.  A great run game with split backs or I setup with a pass threat is ideal football and anyone in the stands that is complaining about that needs to go watch a basketball game.    

Not true...remember a few years back...Ceder Hill won state using the spread formation utilizing a QB who had over 2000 rushing and 1000 passing!

As a resident and tax paying citizen in Port Arthur I strongly recommend KH as the next HC at Memorial. We need a coach that has an invested interest in our community and he has truly shown that by living here and allowing his kids to attend  school in PAISD. He's from PA and wants nothing more than to see the kids succeed in life. If PA is good enough to work in it should be good enough to live in. Good Luck KH.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont