Best Option For LCM AD/HC (Updated New Names)

Bears

Pick who you think will be best  

195 members have voted

1. 1. Pick who you think will be best

• Coach Crouch-WOS
    • Coach Alverez-Kirb
    • Coach Parsons-LCM ASST
    • Coach Rankin-Former LCM ASST
    • Coach Harrell-Former LCM ASST
    • other
    • Coach Surratt-Carthage
    • Coach Long-Kelly
    • Coach Bolton-LCM OC
    • Coach Stewart-OF OC

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest rykerx144

it will be along time before LCM can ever be compared to WOS but I think if they get a coach in there that can make it intresting again and get some of the athletes back on the field and win a few maybe some of them transfers (official and unofficial if you know what i mean!!  ;)) will find there way back to LCM

I would say it comes down to what LCM is looking for:

Is it the Older Experience Coach with proven success

Coach Crouch

Coach Long

Coach Bolton

Or a younger exciting in your face kind of coach:

Coach Rankin

Coach Parsons

Coach Alverez

I beleive you can be very succesfull with either, but I would like to see a coach that really loves the program and embraces not only Football and makes it competitive but respects and helps the Highly successfull programs like VB, BB and Baseball and Cross Country and the recent State Champion Softball teams. Remember lots of work for this guy just to get all of the excellent athletes at LCM back on that football field.

LC-M taking AD applications

Van Wade

The Orange Leader

LITTLE CYPRESS — The search is on at Little Cypress-Mauriceville for a new athletic director and head football coach.

The LC-M CISD is looking to replace former AD Todd Moody.

The district posted the job on its school website and is taking applications through Jan. 19. The position will pay between $68,026 and $80, 596 for 226 working days.

Some requirements are a minimum of five years of successful teaching and coaching experience, a valid Texas teaching certificate. A Master’s degree from an accresdited college or university is preferred.

Todd Moody recently requested to be reassigned within the district and Superintendent Dr. Pauline Hargrove approved the request earlier this month.

Moody was 8-28 in his four seasons at LC-M and turned in an 0-8 record in 2008 with the Bears.

LC-M was outscored 337-71 for the season. Opponents averaged 399.0 yards a game on offense while the Bears averaged 189.0.

The Bears finished 1-9 in 2007 with a team high picked by The Orange Leader in its pre-season rankings. The Bears were outscored 278-132 that season.

The Bears’ most productive season in the Moody era came in 2006 in which they went 5-5 and almost grabbed the third-place playoff spot by finishing fourth. The Bears outscored their opposition 194-140 that season. LC-M went 4-3 in 20-4A play, posting shutout victories over Port Neches-Groves and Beaumont Ozen while also defeating Lumberton and Vidor.

In Moody’s first season in 2005 during the Hurricane Rita-shortened campaign, the Bears went 2-6.

Moody is the second head coach within District 20-4A to be reassigned since the end of the football season.

Matt Burnett recently was reassigned at Port Neches-Groves High School after leading the Indians to a 3-6 campaign in 2008 after going 8-4 in 2007 and sharing the district championship with Dayton and Lumberton.

Guest rykerx144

I would say you will probably lose him this year!  The only way he stays if someone from WOS tells him he would look good as a WOS head coach after the Hooks era!  If not, hes gone!!!

OK, with Memorial, PNG and LCM wide open, I'm getting a little worried about our OC Monte Barrow.

LCM might just raid that oc from wos.   

We would be glad to see Monte apply, but I don't think you need to worry. Monte is wating to be Neumanns successor, and deserves to be when Larry retires.

I think that you need someone that can work with Griff for the baseball kids.  If you have seen any baseball games in the past few years there is some really talented kids playing baseball but they seam not to have an interest in football.  That's a problem in it's on right,  i think the baseball kids get bored with baseball all the time.  They need a break from baseball so, you need someone to work with Griff to get theses kids out for football.  I know Griff and he has no problem with this at all.  For all these reason's i think the best man for the job is going to be Coach Mike Sewart.  He and Griff has work together before and they are good friends.  I think they can work together to get this football problem turned around.  They both have LC-M roots and both care to get us back to where we need to be.  I know both of these men and we would be in great hands to fix the problems.

I think that you need someone that can work with Griff for the baseball kids.  If you have seen any baseball games in the past few years there is some really talented kids playing baseball but they seam not to have an interest in football.   That's a problem in it's on right,  i think the baseball kids get bored with baseball all the time.  They need a break from baseball so, you need someone to work with Griff to get theses kids out for football.  I know Griff and he has no problem with this at all.  For all these reason's i think the best man for the job is going to be Coach Mike Sewart.  He and Griff has work together before and they are good friends.  I think they can work together to get this football problem turned around.  They both have LC-M roots and both care to get us back to where we need to be.  I know both of these men and we would be in great hands to fix the problems.

Wow!!!  great post hit the nail on the head, its  not only with Baseball, its Track & Field and Basketball as well.  You have great athletic talent in all three sports, however, they don’t seem to play Football.

After football season ad needs to release the varsity baseball, basketball, soccor players to that sport during athletic period and make rest of football players run track. Then expect them back in the weight room once that sport ends. I think you would find that more of your atheletes would stay with football. Have to get the kids to buy back in and I think this would help. Everyone hits the weights hard all summer. jmo

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami