HJ vs. Silsbee

Master T

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest immabeaking

Yes I agree once again. Thier record is good but they haven't played anyone worth mentioning that they have beaten.

i hate to do this because i know im always so disrespectful but... i know another team that has beaten anyone worth mentioning... and btw OF doesnt have my respects...

Yes I agree once again. Thier record is good but they haven't played anyone worth mentioning that they have beaten.

i hate to do this because i know im always so disrespectful but... i know another team that has beaten anyone worth mentioning... and btw OF doesnt have my respects...

I'm assuming you mean HJ, but how can OF have your respect and not HJ? That makes absolutely no sense.

Guest immabeaking

I'm assuming you mean HJ, but how can OF have your respect and not HJ? That makes absolutely no sense.

i am talking about HJ and im not ignorant who have yall beaten this year that anyone would know about... and i said OF doesnt have my respects

Guest immabeaking

i just thought about something... and i know this is in reference to the skill level of HJ and im sorry kinda... but this is more about the final layout of our district..... WOS beat Kingwood Park twice in the hj marathon.... so that should throw them into the miz even more

i just thought about something... and i know this is in reference to the skill level of HJ and im sorry kinda... but this is more about the final layout of our district..... WOS beat Kingwood Park twice in the hj marathon.... so that should throw them into the miz even more

I would say yes and no to that.

Teams had bad games, Let me back this up. WO-S lost to Aransas Pass, a team that HJ beat by 30+.

I am not saying this is the case but a friend of mine who watched the game said that night Kingwood was worn out and he suspects that it may have been from the earlier game.

So they may be a threat to HJ or it could have been a fluke.

We will have to wait until district to find out.

I think as well that the poll ewas inaccurate, I dont see how a team looses and goes up.

To the second post that is why I put that it was my friends opinion to why they lost. When I said fluke I refered to the HJ, Kingwood game. They are a good team and I dont consider a loss to them a bad thing but I believe we could have played much better than we did.

But that is in the past and there is nothing we can do about it now.

HJ was ranked too high going into this season, and everyone from this area knows that.  you have a lot of people who aren't really familiar with HJ's situation when making these rankings, and they're basing them on the fact that HJ won a state championship two years ago, and followed it up with another very strong season last year.  Those same people don't know the details of HJ's wins this year, they just see a very good 13-3 record, which is why the Hawks are still so high in the polls, even though some of their results don't seem impressive to those of us from SETX.  Silsbee should be higher than them at this point (Silsbee should be top-3 IMO), but those rankings are meaningless anyway.  The hawks this year are very young, and they've lost some very important players, so they're going to have some hiccups along the road.  It's very encouraging to me that the Hawks have rebuilt well enough to have a very nice record right now, despite the players they've lost.  That being said, IMO Silsbee is the clear frontrunner in this district.  They've got a ton of talent back from last year's fantastic team, and there's no doubt that they go in as the favorites against HJ, both home and away.  If Silsbee gets a good run together, I honestly believe they have a very realistic shot at a state championship.  BUT... HJ has some fantastic players who can take over a game, and if Silsbee comes into either game against the Hawks and overestimates them, they're liable to walk out with a loss.  Teams improve throughout a season, but I think the improvement we'll see with the Hawks will be more noticeable than many of the other teams in the district as all of these young players gain more experience at the varsity level under an amazing coaching staff.  Silsbee might be the best team in the district, but don't be surprised if we have another rematch deep in the playoffs for a trip to state.  I'm not saying it will happen, but it's not a stretch to say it might.  

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124