Why so dead this year?

Bobcat1

Probably just the timing.  Lots of other stuff on people's minds right now with Christmas and the ecomony, etc.  I predict plenty of smack talk after the first.

Here's something for you "never let up" fans (and you know who you are).  BH had 5A Northbrook down 55-5 at the half, STOPPED pressing at the 1 1/2 quarter mark and worked on new offensive schemes, and practiced 4 corners during the second half, scoring only 19.  Wow it was nice to see someone show some sportsmanship.  ;D

That ought to get a response, Bobcat (this not directed at OF, I promise).    ;)

I think the hurricane has something to do with why I haven't read much lately but, It is up to us to get it going because the girls want get any attention if we don't start hollering.

Watching the sports and reading the paper after all the girls games this weekend only the ozen - central game got air. A disgrace for the media who only report boys scores. That is the way it will always be unless parents and fans start emailing and calling the media.This subject has come up before with only a few responses and that has to change. On another subject the TABC reads like the funny paper with a 4-7 jasper team at #17. No offense to them but they may feel a let down when they are not there anymore. If they won last year I would understand it more but that was not the case. Also last year the nederland parents where complaining about their coach and look at what they have accomplished so far, Great job girls. Just a few subjects to get things started and I didn't say anything about Orangefield yet. :D :D :D

I don't think it's just the girls sight that is down.Not near as much posting going on at the boys sites either.I think one of the problems is the overall talent level is down in the area.Lumberton lit the board up when their girls were going to the regional and state tourneys.Silsbee also is down terribly from the last several years as is WOS.Maybe the post will pick up as district play starts.

I think the hurricane has something to do with why I haven't read much lately but, It is up to us to get it going because the girls want get any attention if we don't start hollering.

Watching the sports and reading the paper after all the girls games this weekend only the ozen - central game got air. A disgrace for the media who only report boys scores. That is the way it will always be unless parents and fans start emailing and calling the media.This subject has come up before with only a few responses and that has to change.

The OL at least disagrees.  ;)

Southeast Texas has had some deep runs in the football playoffs this year, so some of your basketball fans may not have switched gears.  also, it seems like the basketball boards pick up after district play starts.  these games don't mean much right now, but once we get a couple of close district races i'd be willing to bet we have more traffic and MUCH more debating on here.

I have seen both Kountze and EC Girls play this year and both Teams are very good. They both should make deep playoff runs this year.  Both District games should be barn burners, I predict a split with both winning at home.

Finally someone gives them credit.

Kountze is ranked very high in state i've never seen EC up high in rankings maybe in district...

If you think only the ranked teams are good your in never never land.OLGABE I don't put the OL in the same boat as the others. I see your work and everyone else should strive to do as good a job for the kids as ya'll do. When I talk about the poor local media for the girls the OL is never included!

I would like to make a suggestion though how does the orange-hardinjefferson leader sound? I'll get a years subscription  ;D ;D ;D ;D

I agree 100% about the Orange Leader,they support all the teams in Orange county better than any other sports reporters I've seen.Gotta agree with ya about the ranked teams also,there are some unranked clubs in SeTexas right now that would definitely give the ranked ones all they could handle.

If you think only the ranked teams are good your in never never land.OLGABE I don't put the OL in the same boat as the others. I see your work and everyone else should strive to do as good a job for the kids as ya'll do. When I talk about the poor local media for the girls the OL is never included!

I would like to make a suggestion though how does the orange-hardinjefferson leader sound? I'll get a years subscription  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Im busy enough! LOL

Guest ST4life

Last year it was like every week there was a heated debate on here, this year we can't even get anyone to post scores on here!  What's the deal!?

maybe its because Silsbee is dead this year in girls BB but we have high hopes for the boys BB......... ???

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124