Days later, Central football coach questions official's disputed call!!!

Coach Stowers himself:

"Honestly, I've looked at it in slow motion, and the ball is coming out before his knee hit the ground," Stowers said in a phone interview Tuesday morning. "It's so close. It's a bang-bang situation."

By Tuesday afternoon, Stowers viewed the play on a large-screen projector in the Central coaches' office and reached another conclusion.

"That's not a fumble," said the seated Stowers as he looked up toward a visitor for his opinion. "Look at the knee."

Central assistant coach Eric Jackson told Stowers not to focus on Karam's left knee, which appeared to touch the ground after Karam's left foot slipped from under him, and only focus on the ball.

Stowers rewound the recording and viewed it in slow motion. Then he did it again. And again. And again. And again.

"That's a fumble," said Stowers, who then made a stab at diplomacy.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Know I want to remind all of yall the Refs don't have slow motion to look at, it's all real time and like Stowers said it a bang- bang call. Stowers really don't know what the call is, is he down yes wait let me rewind it no he's not.

Know if the Refs could have had the option of a big screen and slow motion maybe they would have got the call right are maybe not. Lets not judge the Refs that had to make that call in a spilt second.

Lets just let those Jags know how PROUD of them we all are.

Fumble or not it was a VERY close call. Did this really warrant Front Page Headlines ? ?

Isn't this in the Beaumont Enterprise...and doesn't it concern the Beaumont Central Jags...well it's about a BMT team...and yes, it's news...why shouldn't it be front page?...They're still giving us coverage...awesome!

Bad call-Good call it happens in a quick moment and it is what it is.But to eyewitness a mid 60's game for bi-dist.and to see your Broncos lose 8-7 in the last seconds on a 2 point conversion pass from the Qb to the Center for Hampshire Fannett that was on film-protested at UIL in Austin and not overuled is alot worse.Congradulations Jags on a unbelivable season.

the article also mentions 3 straight possessions without a 1st down in the 2nd half. That's gotta drive you nuts too! It stinks the way this all played out. I think the Jags turned a corner this year under coach stowers. Look out next year!  :o

I don't know... The Jags may lose Stowers to a big school over the summer... It has been no secret that he has looked for the next BIG gig..

the article also mentions 3 straight possessions without a 1st down in the 2nd half. That's gotta drive you nuts too! It stinks the way this all played out. I think the Jags turned a corner this year under coach stowers. Look out next year!  :o

I don't know... The Jags may lose Stowers to a big school over the summer... It has been no secret that he has looked for the next BIG gig..

that would be unfortunate... but from what you guys say about the support in BISD, who could blame him?

Fumble or not it was a VERY close call. Did this really warrant Front Page Headlines ? ?

Cowboy, dav-j must not be from Beaumont or just hates that the Jags went farther then his team who ever they are.

Sorry, but you're wrong on both - From Beaumont - Still live in Beaumont - and am no hater.

Just scrathing my head over the headline on a very close call. It's not a blatant bad call if you have to rewind in Slo-Mo and still flip  flop.  - Come on - Geesh!!!

I felt it made Stowers look a little petty and a great coach, that has done such a tremendous job, does not deserve this. I feel it was more the reporter and fans who were looking to find fault.

I don't feel this was front page material. That's all. jmo

Besides - be happy - It just snowed. Go make a snowman.

Cowboy, dav-j must not be from Beaumont or just hates that the Jags went farther then his team who ever they are.

Sorry, but you're wrong on both - From Beaumont - Still live in Beaumont - and am no hater.

Just scrathing my head over the headline on a very close call. It's not a blatant bad call if you have to rewind in Slo-Mo and still flip  flop.  - Come on - Geesh!!!

I felt it made Stowers look a little petty and a great coach, that has done such a tremendous job, does not deserve this. I feel it was more the reporter and fans who were looking to find fault.

who wouldn't be pissed over the call...but Stowers is entitled to his opinion on the matter and it seems like people still want to talk about it...it's good!  Stay away from the yellow snow...it ain't lemon ice! :o

who wouldn't be pissed over the call...but Stowers is entitled to his opinion on the matter and it seems like people still want to talk about it...it's good!  Stay away from the yellow snow...it ain't lemon ice! :o

Good advice  ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    hexcastings
    Newest Member
    hexcastings