Comp/Atts       11/21        3/11

Pass yards        147           40

Comp pct         52.38       27.27

Punts                 2             4

Punting Yards      90          139

Punting Average   45        34.75

Fumbles/Lost      1/1          1/0

Penalties-yards   5-55        8-75

Now how were the penalties so lopsided?  Unless you were sitting on the home side, you wouldn't have had a clear view of the "fumble" were the Karam was correctly ruled down immediately by the officials.  Great game Central, but it was the Fwood D that stopped you on 4 consecutive possessions in the 2nd half that sealed the win for Fwood.  I'm sure Angleton thought they were the better team last week after missing 3 xp's and taking a 1pt loss.  That's football -- quit whining Central fans.

Misleading stats.... The penalties against Central wiped out 1 TD and a few +40 yard gains. And you knows it. The penalties were called on huge gains by Central, never on a 2 yard gain. 0 penalties against Friendswood the entire second half....

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neutral site with refs agreed on by both coaches and the only reason Central lost was because the refs deciding to throw the flag whenever Central made a big gain.  And I personally paid the refs off after the game ---- whatever!  If you want to talk about penalties, what about the no-call pass interference the first half where your DB pulled down Gautreaux while the pass was in the air.  Or the no-call roughing the kicker on our xp after the first Fwood touchdown.  Or the no-call offsides when your DB blitzed in the 3rd quarter and forced a 4th down.  The list goes on.  The refs didn't give Fwood the win.  Our D that your fans said you would run all over did the job for us when it counted.  The comments here are comical, whether Central wins or not and you knows it.

Flyntiger thats not true of the play in which it could be seen very well from  both stands, He was running straight forward not toward the home stands and you could see it come out before he was tackled to the ground and thats why FW side got real quite and the call was not made immediately but after the TD was scored. They had to talk about it and then the call was made but at the end of the day it is what it is a win for FW and I said before Congrats and Good Luck next week....

Flyntiger thats not true of the play in which it could be seen very well from  both stands, He was running straight forward not toward the home stands and you could see it come out before he was tackled to the ground and thats why FW side got real quite and the call was not made immediately but after the TD was scored. They had to talk about it and then the call was made but at the end of the day it is what it is a win for FW and I said before Congrats and Good Luck next week....

They're gonna need it

Neutral site with refs agreed on by both coaches and the only reason Central lost was because the refs deciding to throw the flag whenever Central made a big gain.  And I personally paid the refs off after the game ---- whatever!  If you want to talk about penalties, what about the no-call pass interference the first half where your DB pulled down Gautreaux while the pass was in the air.  Or the no-call roughing the kicker on our xp after the first Fwood touchdown.  Or the no-call offsides when your DB blitzed in the 3rd quarter and forced a 4th down.  The list goes on.  The refs didn't give Fwood the win.  Our D that your fans said you would run all over did the job for us when it counted.  The comments here are comical, whether Central wins or not and you knows it.

Friendswood didn't earn the win, the refs gave it to them....Period...  

Central_Jags,

That play was on the home side of the field and yes he was running forward but he went down with his belly facing the home stands.  I saw it plain as day and he was down when the ball came out.  Your totally wrong about the refs calling it down after the run back because I was looking at the head ref (white cap) and he was standing at spot pointing down to the ground with his back to run back end zone.  The other officials were following the run back and did not signal, but the head ref did immediately.  On the Fwood side most fans were arguing that our runner was down and I was telling those around me to look at the head ref.  I know it sucks that it wasn't a fumble for you, but they did call it immediately.  This was a tough loss for you as it would have been for me if things were reversed.

UNLV -- you're a joke.

Congrads on the win, FW. You caught on to our running scheme in the second half. Great halftime adjustments.   Your QB avoided a lot of pressure by moving around in that pocket. Great game plan. I wish you luck in the next round.

Jags, you played a great game. No excuses. We shouldn't have been in that situation in the second half to begin with. The pass was open the entire second half and we only tried it a few times. Ohh well. We have next year. Another year under this offense will bring a lot more offensive plays, including pass plays. O'Neal will be back. And we do not have a shortage of athletes. The future looks bright for the Jags. I couldn't be more prouder for making Beaumont and SETX proud.

The calls were 'home cooking' in the second half in favor of FW. Also, that was a fumble, guys, but it's all behind us. I just hope you FW fans can show a little class and respect. You have to admit, our defense was flying and is probably the toughest you have faced all year.

Your defense was great --- fast and very athletic.  It sounds like you're setup for a deep run next year.

As far as this game, if you don't commit the violations then the refs don't throw the flag and no, it wasn't a fumble.  Fwood fans have plenty of class.  The classless comments on this site have been from the Central side.  It's time to move on and yes we know we will have our hands full with LT.  It'll take our best effort, a lot of luck, and some divine intervention to get past LT but we'll leave it all on the field and see how it goes.

Your defense was great --- fast and very athletic.   It sounds like you're setup for a deep run next year.

As far as this game, if you don't commit the violations then the refs don't throw the flag and no, it wasn't a fumble.  Fwood fans have plenty of class.  The classless comments on this site have been from the Central side.  It's time to move on and yes we know we will have our hands full with LT.  It'll take our best effort, a lot of luck, and some divine intervention to get past LT but we'll leave it all on the field and see how it goes.

Thanks...We appreciate those encouraging words

If you look back on this thread and all the other Central/FW threads, it's your posters that made those classless comments.  But your right.  Time to move on.  Best of luck from Jaguarland.

Didn't see the play or the fumble but the local radio station describes it as apparent fumble return for a touchdown then officials confer and ruled an inadvertent whistle stopped play.  Not a Beaumont or Houston radio station either.  Doubt that'll help quell the argument but that's what came over the High School Football report on shine all nine.

First of all Congrats to FW on your victory and advancing to the next round.  

I was at the game tonight and agree that the timing of the calls against Central was horrible and it was apparent that homecooking was being served.  However, even with the biased officiating, We had several opportunites to win this game and move on.  The Jags played their hearts out as they have done all season.  I couldn't be prouder of our 20-4a representative.  Regardless of tonight's outcome, you guys made history and are to be commended.  Congratulations Jags on a great season and we are so proud of you.

Game stats:

Fwood      Central

Total yards       334          307

First downs        15            17

Rushes/Yds    31/187      45/267

Average rush     6.03         5.93

Comp/Atts       11/21        3/11

Pass yards        147           40

Comp pct         52.38       27.27

Punts                 2             4

Punting Yards      90          139

Punting Average   45        34.75

Fumbles/Lost      1/1          1/0

Penalties-yards   5-55        8-75

Now how were the penalties so lopsided?  Unless you were sitting on the home side, you wouldn't have had a clear view of the "fumble" were the Karam was correctly ruled down immediately by the officials.  Great game Central, but it was the Fwood D that stopped you on 4 consecutive possessions in the 2nd half that sealed the win for Fwood.  I'm sure Angleton thought they were the better team last week after missing 3 xp's and taking a 1pt loss.  That's football -- quit whining Central fans.

Misleading stats.... The penalties against Central wiped out 1 TD and a few +40 yard gains. And you knows it. The penalties were called on huge gains by Central, never on a 2 yard gain. 0 penalties against Friendswood the entire second half....

Are you really that immature to put blame on these refs? which were agreed on by both coatches? Thats low? And i guess in the second half when we shut central down, it was the refs too?

This was a well played and hard fought football game. To bad the jags couldn't win this game. The jags had there chances, just move the ball in the 4th quarter. I very proud of the of the way this kids played. Especially Central's defense who kept Friendswood out of end zone twice in the 4th quarter. As for penalties, I have never been to football game that was call perfect and I never will ( guys, let it go ). Congrats to Friendswood on there Region 3 championship and Good luck against Lake Travis ( your gonna need it)

HERE ARE SOME HIGHLIGHTS OF THE CENTRAL/ FRIENDSWOOD GAME:

This is the hidden content, please

A lot of teams have had thier worst offensive game of the season against this defense. like i said before we had to move the ball in the second half and we did not. i could not make the game but i know it wasnt the refs that took the game from central. this is unfamiliar territory for us and we did not know to go out there and take this game. at this point in the season teams must take games because nothing is a given. good luck fw.  great season jags

You could not be more wrong. The Central coach even stated he could not see the play well. The side judge on the home side came in right away and ruled him down, before the Central defender picked up the ball. He was down and the ground caused the ball to come out. The confusion was due to the Jags players and coaches all out on the field. If you go back and watch the tape you will see that. Good game though. Central has a great defense.

When the playoffs began, not many people had the Jaguars the last team remaing from 20-4A.

GREAT SEASON JAGS!

Friendswood is a very good team and to lose by only a points is tough, but you went out champs.

At least you will be winning basketball games next weekend while the Mustangs enter the glue factory after getting "pasted" by Lake Travis.

Way to represent SETX!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami