**Todd Moody Steps Down at LC-M**

LC-M's Moody takes reassignment

Gabriel Pruett

The Orange Leader

LITTLE CYPRESS — Add the Little Cypress-Mauriceville Battlin’ Bears to the list of teams looking for a new athletic director/head football coach.

Todd Moody recently requested to be reassigned within the district and Superintendent Dr. Pauline Hargrove approved the request Thursday.

“My family and I are interested in relocating and in fairness to the players in the athletic program; I wanted to give the district the opportunity to begin the search for a replacement,†Moody told the district.

Moody was 8-28 in his four seasons at LC-M and turned in an 0-8 record in 2008 with the Bears.

LC-M was outscored 337-71 for the season. Opponents averaged 399.0 yards a game on offense while the Bears averaged 189.0.

The Bears finished 1-9 in 2007 with a team high picked by The Orange Leader in its pre-season rankings. The Bears were outscored 278-132 that season.

The Bears’ most productive season in the Moody era came in 2006 in which they went 5-5 and almost grabbed the third-place playoff spot by finishing fourth. The Bears outscored their opposition 194-140 that season. LC-M went 4-3 in 20-4A play, posting shutout victories over Port Neches-Groves and Beaumont Ozen while also defeating Lumberton and Vidor.

In Moody’s first season in 2005 during the Hurricane Rita-shortenedcampaign, the Bears went 2-6.

“Coach Moody will serve as an administrative assistant, continuing with some athletic administrative responsibilities and he will also serve as a district attendance officer,†an email from the Little Cypress-Mauriceville Indepenedent School District said.

Moody is the second head coach within District 20-4A to be reassigned since the end of the football season.

Matt Burnett recently was reassigned at Port Neches-Groves High School after leading the Indians to a 3-6 campaign in 2008 after going 8-4 in 2007 and sharing the district championship with Dayton and Lumberton.

Any rumors of who is in line for this job?

LC-M's Moody takes reassignment

Gabriel Pruett

The Orange Leader

LITTLE CYPRESS — Add the Little Cypress-Mauriceville Battlin’ Bears to the list of teams looking for a new athletic director/head football coach.

Todd Moody recently requested to be reassigned within the district and Superintendent Dr. Pauline Hargrove approved the request Thursday.

“My family and I are interested in relocating and in fairness to the players in the athletic program; I wanted to give the district the opportunity to begin the search for a replacement,†Moody told the district.

Moody was 8-28 in his four seasons at LC-M and turned in an 0-8 record in 2008 with the Bears.

LC-M was outscored 337-71 for the season. Opponents averaged 399.0 yards a game on offense while the Bears averaged 189.0.

The Bears finished 1-9 in 2007 with a team high picked by The Orange Leader in its pre-season rankings. The Bears were outscored 278-132 that season.

The Bears’ most productive season in the Moody era came in 2006 in which they went 5-5 and almost grabbed the third-place playoff spot by finishing fourth. The Bears outscored their opposition 194-140 that season. LC-M went 4-3 in 20-4A play, posting shutout victories over Port Neches-Groves and Beaumont Ozen while also defeating Lumberton and Vidor.

In Moody’s first season in 2005 during the Hurricane Rita-shortenedcampaign, the Bears went 2-6.

“Coach Moody will serve as an administrative assistant, continuing with some athletic administrative responsibilities and he will also serve as a district attendance officer,†an email from the Little Cypress-Mauriceville Indepenedent School District said.

Moody is the second head coach within District 20-4A to be reassigned since the end of the football season.

Matt Burnett recently was reassigned at Port Neches-Groves High School after leading the Indians to a 3-6 campaign in 2008 after going 8-4 in 2007 and sharing the district championship with Dayton and Lumberton.

you better FIND a person with (HEAD COACHING EXP) if not  your boat is still sinking. juist look over at pn-g those guys are looking for someone that is a head coach not a OC. man oh man lets get it togather guys there at lc-m,the clock is ticking.the lc-m faithfull are looking for someone that has been a proven leader as a head coach

you better FIND a person with (HEAD COACHING EXP) if not  your boat is still sinking. juist look over at pn-g those guys are looking for someone that is a head coach not a OC. man oh man lets get it togather guys there at lc-m,the clock is ticking.the lc-m faithfull are looking for someone that has been a proven leader as a head coach

I don't know about Rankin or Bolton, but Theriot and Crouch HAVE head coaching experience!! Come on Skippy, do your homework before you start running your mouth!!

I think he would have the support of everyone or at least should..

He could bring a little toughness over..

No matter what some people think, he does have a smart football mind..

He knows the situation and could turn it around..

He has learned under the best..

He respects other sports and would support them..

IMO

gabe,i  agree with you my friend.coach  © is a very fine and smart  coach i myself have always liked the man. the type of offense  he runs takes  alot of speed to run and that lc-m dose not have and i dont see it down the road. i am just kidding on what i am about to say,coach hooks might not let him go he has alot to work with AT WO-S in years to come, but who knows

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    anagha.23
    Newest Member
    anagha.23