PNG football playoffs

texans

If you have ever been to a PNG home game you allready know the answer to that question.   To even ask that question lets me know you do not even deserve an answer

I have been to a home game.  3 years ago watched dayton and at halftime the great png locals were leaving like the place was on fire.

I didnt realize that PNG has only made the playoffs 9 times in the last 30 years.  So tell me why is this such a great job across the state.

Have you been to any of their playoff games? Did you see they had open all the sections of the dome against Stephenville.Granted this is due to all the support from the sorrounding communities. We have to give credit where credit is due.We don't even have the population to support some of the crowds, but for some reason when we go everyone in the area supports( and it is much appreciated).Another example was when I was at a select baseball tournament a couple years ago and was talking to an assistant coach for Brownwood High School he commented on how well known and respected PNG's football program was. I conveyed to him that we were not doing as well and his response was that it will return because PNG can bring in good coaches when they do decide to bring in new leadership.This guy was an assistant under the winningest all time high school football coach in Texas.When we got Malone he came from Tyler with an established top notch 4A program and also Bruce Bush (who was at Gregory Portland, and later to San Marcus) applied. Bush is way up on the all time winningest Texas coaches list. You may say, well that was back in the 80's.It was and the 80's were way worse than anything we have experienced lately. Add to that the fact that we have a top notch facility now that we did not have then and I would have to say the position is much more appealing now than it was in 1989.Does that address your question texans????????

If you have ever been to a PNG home game you allready know the answer to that question.   To even ask that question lets me know you do not even deserve an answer

I have been to a home game.  3 years ago watched dayton and at halftime the great png locals were leaving like the place was on fire.

At the beginnig of the game there were 7,500 fans in the stands.

Dayton has NEVER played in front of a home crowd even remotely close to that.

No other school in this part of the state has the season ticket base that PN-G has.

You obviously have never seen a PN-G game in the Astrodome in front of over 30,000.

PN-G football "historically speaking" is one of the top 10 programs in the whole state of Texas.

Live right now is AWEsome as a Dayton fan, Dayton fans continue to pack the stands for their games, but they have a following of about 5,000.  That is nowhere nears what PN-G would bring to the games.

No other school in this part of the state has the season ticket base that PN-G has.

You obviously have never seen a PN-G game in the Astrodome in front of over 30,000.

PN-G football "historically speaking" is one of the top 10 programs in the whole state of Texas.

Live right now is AWEsome as a Dayton fan, Dayton fans continue to pack the stands for their games, but they have a following of about 5,000.  That is nowhere nears what PN-G would bring to the games.

I'll be there Saturday night!!!!!!!!!!!!

As a PN-G grad...

I am glad I am a teacher in Dayton...

Excellent community, great kids...

Life is good...

THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT PN-G!

PURPLE SUPPORTING PURPLE!!!

Even if you couldn't beat Nederland this year, the purple and white from Dayton did an AWEsome job during their last visit to Bulldog stadium  ;D

I didnt realize that PNG has only made the playoffs 9 times in the last 30 years.  So tell me why is this such a great job across the state.

Have you been to any of their playoff games? Did you see they had open all the sections of the dome against Stephenville.Granted this is due to all the support from the sorrounding communities. We have to give credit where credit is due.We don't even have the population to support some of the crowds, but for some reason when we go everyone in the area supports( and it is much appreciated).Another example was when I was at a select baseball tournament a couple years ago and was talking to an assistant coach for Brownwood High School he commented on how well known and respected PNG's football program was. I conveyed to him that we were not doing as well and his response was that it will return because PNG can bring in good coaches when they do decide to bring in new leadership.This guy was an assistant under the winningest all time high school football coach in Texas.When we got Malone he came from Tyler with an established top notch 4A program and also Bruce Bush (who was at Gregory Portland, and later to San Marcus) applied. Bush is way up on the all time winningest Texas coaches list. You may say, well that was back in the 80's.It was and the 80's were way worse than anything we have experienced lately. Add to that the fact that we have a top notch facility now that we did not have then and I would have to say the position is much more appealing now than it was in 1989.Does that address your question texans????????

Then their should be no problem getting almost any top 5A or 4A coach in texas to apply for the job.  I hope yall dont try and get our coach from Dayton he will leave for sure

I have seen PN-G play twice, once in the 98 playoff's against Dayton and this year when they played Dayton, got a lot of fan support, i like the dancing injun and the squaws

That 98 game they were hitting the exits pretty hard with about 6 minutes left in the game

Then their should be no problem getting almost any top 5A or 4A coach in texas to apply for the job.  I hope yall dont try and get our coach from Dayton he will leave for sure

I wouldn't say, any 5A or 4A coach.I would like to have one at the level of your coach. There is a big group of PNG fans that are hung up on Mike Long and there isn't a doubt in my mind we can get way better. I can't see any 5A HC's from an established program wanting to leave, but maybe some 5A OC's or DC's.Well time will tell and we will see, I hope i'm right.

As a PN-G grad...

I am glad I am a teacher in Dayton...

Excellent community, great kids...

Life is good...

THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT PN-G!

PURPLE SUPPORTING PURPLE!!!

Even if you couldn't beat Nederland this year, the purple and white from Dayton did an AWEsome job during their last visit to Bulldog stadium  ;D

Nice that you remember that game and seem to always forget the Dayton exodus from Rice stadium in 2004. We pulled our starters. Dustin Hood didn't even play the 2nd half or the score could have been the equivalent. Have a nice day.

Have you been to any of their playoff games? Did you see they had open all the sections of the dome against Stephenville.Granted this is due to all the support from the sorrounding communities. We have to give credit where credit is due.We don't even have the population to support some of the crowds, but for some reason when we go everyone in the area supports( and it is much appreciated).

8crowd.jpg

Have you been to any of their playoff games? Did you see they had open all the sections of the dome against Stephenville.Granted this is due to all the support from the sorrounding communities. We have to give credit where credit is due.We don't even have the population to support some of the crowds, but for some reason when we go everyone in the area supports( and it is much appreciated).

8crowd.jpg

a picture is worth a thousand words

PNG has a great fan base, I'll give you that. But that pic is from the state championship game against Stephenville. Do you realize how many non-fans will attend a state championship game?...a bunch.

Well for some reason they all sat on the PN-G side. Stephenville didn't hardly have any. Amazing all those "non-fans" chose to sit in nose  bleed on PN-G side when they could have been on the 50, 25 rows up on Stephenville's side. ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami