PNG football playoffs

texans

If you have ever been to a PNG home game you allready know the answer to that question.   To even ask that question lets me know you do not even deserve an answer

I have been to a home game.  3 years ago watched dayton and at halftime the great png locals were leaving like the place was on fire.

I didnt realize that PNG has only made the playoffs 9 times in the last 30 years.  So tell me why is this such a great job across the state.

Have you been to any of their playoff games? Did you see they had open all the sections of the dome against Stephenville.Granted this is due to all the support from the sorrounding communities. We have to give credit where credit is due.We don't even have the population to support some of the crowds, but for some reason when we go everyone in the area supports( and it is much appreciated).Another example was when I was at a select baseball tournament a couple years ago and was talking to an assistant coach for Brownwood High School he commented on how well known and respected PNG's football program was. I conveyed to him that we were not doing as well and his response was that it will return because PNG can bring in good coaches when they do decide to bring in new leadership.This guy was an assistant under the winningest all time high school football coach in Texas.When we got Malone he came from Tyler with an established top notch 4A program and also Bruce Bush (who was at Gregory Portland, and later to San Marcus) applied. Bush is way up on the all time winningest Texas coaches list. You may say, well that was back in the 80's.It was and the 80's were way worse than anything we have experienced lately. Add to that the fact that we have a top notch facility now that we did not have then and I would have to say the position is much more appealing now than it was in 1989.Does that address your question texans????????

If you have ever been to a PNG home game you allready know the answer to that question.   To even ask that question lets me know you do not even deserve an answer

I have been to a home game.  3 years ago watched dayton and at halftime the great png locals were leaving like the place was on fire.

At the beginnig of the game there were 7,500 fans in the stands.

Dayton has NEVER played in front of a home crowd even remotely close to that.

No other school in this part of the state has the season ticket base that PN-G has.

You obviously have never seen a PN-G game in the Astrodome in front of over 30,000.

PN-G football "historically speaking" is one of the top 10 programs in the whole state of Texas.

Live right now is AWEsome as a Dayton fan, Dayton fans continue to pack the stands for their games, but they have a following of about 5,000.  That is nowhere nears what PN-G would bring to the games.

No other school in this part of the state has the season ticket base that PN-G has.

You obviously have never seen a PN-G game in the Astrodome in front of over 30,000.

PN-G football "historically speaking" is one of the top 10 programs in the whole state of Texas.

Live right now is AWEsome as a Dayton fan, Dayton fans continue to pack the stands for their games, but they have a following of about 5,000.  That is nowhere nears what PN-G would bring to the games.

I'll be there Saturday night!!!!!!!!!!!!

As a PN-G grad...

I am glad I am a teacher in Dayton...

Excellent community, great kids...

Life is good...

THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT PN-G!

PURPLE SUPPORTING PURPLE!!!

Even if you couldn't beat Nederland this year, the purple and white from Dayton did an AWEsome job during their last visit to Bulldog stadium  ;D

I didnt realize that PNG has only made the playoffs 9 times in the last 30 years.  So tell me why is this such a great job across the state.

Have you been to any of their playoff games? Did you see they had open all the sections of the dome against Stephenville.Granted this is due to all the support from the sorrounding communities. We have to give credit where credit is due.We don't even have the population to support some of the crowds, but for some reason when we go everyone in the area supports( and it is much appreciated).Another example was when I was at a select baseball tournament a couple years ago and was talking to an assistant coach for Brownwood High School he commented on how well known and respected PNG's football program was. I conveyed to him that we were not doing as well and his response was that it will return because PNG can bring in good coaches when they do decide to bring in new leadership.This guy was an assistant under the winningest all time high school football coach in Texas.When we got Malone he came from Tyler with an established top notch 4A program and also Bruce Bush (who was at Gregory Portland, and later to San Marcus) applied. Bush is way up on the all time winningest Texas coaches list. You may say, well that was back in the 80's.It was and the 80's were way worse than anything we have experienced lately. Add to that the fact that we have a top notch facility now that we did not have then and I would have to say the position is much more appealing now than it was in 1989.Does that address your question texans????????

Then their should be no problem getting almost any top 5A or 4A coach in texas to apply for the job.  I hope yall dont try and get our coach from Dayton he will leave for sure

I have seen PN-G play twice, once in the 98 playoff's against Dayton and this year when they played Dayton, got a lot of fan support, i like the dancing injun and the squaws

That 98 game they were hitting the exits pretty hard with about 6 minutes left in the game

Then their should be no problem getting almost any top 5A or 4A coach in texas to apply for the job.  I hope yall dont try and get our coach from Dayton he will leave for sure

I wouldn't say, any 5A or 4A coach.I would like to have one at the level of your coach. There is a big group of PNG fans that are hung up on Mike Long and there isn't a doubt in my mind we can get way better. I can't see any 5A HC's from an established program wanting to leave, but maybe some 5A OC's or DC's.Well time will tell and we will see, I hope i'm right.

As a PN-G grad...

I am glad I am a teacher in Dayton...

Excellent community, great kids...

Life is good...

THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT PN-G!

PURPLE SUPPORTING PURPLE!!!

Even if you couldn't beat Nederland this year, the purple and white from Dayton did an AWEsome job during their last visit to Bulldog stadium  ;D

Nice that you remember that game and seem to always forget the Dayton exodus from Rice stadium in 2004. We pulled our starters. Dustin Hood didn't even play the 2nd half or the score could have been the equivalent. Have a nice day.

Have you been to any of their playoff games? Did you see they had open all the sections of the dome against Stephenville.Granted this is due to all the support from the sorrounding communities. We have to give credit where credit is due.We don't even have the population to support some of the crowds, but for some reason when we go everyone in the area supports( and it is much appreciated).

8crowd.jpg

Have you been to any of their playoff games? Did you see they had open all the sections of the dome against Stephenville.Granted this is due to all the support from the sorrounding communities. We have to give credit where credit is due.We don't even have the population to support some of the crowds, but for some reason when we go everyone in the area supports( and it is much appreciated).

8crowd.jpg

a picture is worth a thousand words

PNG has a great fan base, I'll give you that. But that pic is from the state championship game against Stephenville. Do you realize how many non-fans will attend a state championship game?...a bunch.

Well for some reason they all sat on the PN-G side. Stephenville didn't hardly have any. Amazing all those "non-fans" chose to sit in nose  bleed on PN-G side when they could have been on the 50, 25 rows up on Stephenville's side. ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont

• Where were the 8 Omaha teams in D1's preseason top 25 poll... 2. Florida 8. A&M 9. Tennessee 13. N.C.State 14. Virginia 15. North Carolina Kentucky - unranked Florida State - unranked
    • That TDS is really flaring. Now do Biden. You have way, way, way more material. And keep that bitter "you are better than me" jealousy tone you have with Trump. You know Biden, the one you want everyone to vote for instead of Trump. Somehow you didn't acknowledge my pleas for you to die a painful death. I was quite certain that is how you would have interpreted my previous post. I guess when your focus is Trump 24/7, nothing else matters.
    • I have a better one. The point that nobody wants to acknowledge is that Dems are crossing over to vote Trump in the primaries and in the general so he will win the presidency. That way Trump will get the blame when the Dems implement their sinister plan to deport all of the minorities in the country. They have already laid the groundwork...convincing everyone that Trump and Republicans are racist (without providing any proof). Then it will be just a matter of time to execute their White supremacy plan of the great purge of the dirty, unwashed, heathen, non-Whites that roam freely in this country. I think my theory is more viable than your theory. Maybe we can get some other ridiculous scenarios so we can start a poll.
    • But that’s what Trump’s fanboys don’t understand.  When he talked about sexually assaulting women, y’all laughed it off as “locker room talk.”  When it was proven that he raped E. Jean Carroll, you cried that it was all an injustice… a lie. Even though he’d already confessed to doing the same thing to other women.  John McCain has suffered and sacrificed more for his country than practically anybody, except possible gold star families… and Trump called him a loser or something to that effect. “Oh, it was a joke that no one was supposed to take seriously.” But when Trump, after disrespecting the sacrifices of one of our most valiant, y’all are like “just because Trump didn’t go to Omaha Beach doesn’t mean he isn’t pro military!” Really? All you have to do is listen to what he said about McCain’s service. Not McCain as an opponent, not McCain’s political views… about the fact that the man was tortured, probably raped, and who knows what all else for over five years for swearing an oath and putting on the uniform.  But all of y’all supposedly “pro military” people just laughed along with Trump. “Good one, Sir! Maverick my new-hind! Filthy Rino!”  I don’t understand how the same people (y’all) who probably always say “thank you for your service” to any veteran still support a guy who craps on the ones who suffered the most on our behalf.  It’s baffling. 
    • Wow. Do you actually believe your little scenario has any chance of alleviating you of your moral immaturity? Deflection at it's best...or worse. You seem to be a sad case. If you died today, I would be remiss if not attributing your cause of death to severe TDS, and of course, Covid. Look at that. I just made a joke about your death. You did not get offended. Nobody was offended. Not one person will accuse me of being hateful towards fellow human beings. But yet, you hate Trump because he made a similar crude comment about McCain. You tried to attribute that comment as evidence Trump hates the military. What grade level of schoolchildren do you think is laughing at you for that "less that adolescent" (hint, hint) comment. You used one crude comment in an attempt to justify your TDS. Now, when called on it, you try to deflect the whole topic. You are certainly not having any fun with this, but you sure are providing entertainment for the board. It's a shame you can't join in on the fun. I think even Big Girl might be to the point of giggling at the shamelessness you are exhibiting.
  • Topics